Herbie XR6 Turbo Member 43 Member For: 19y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: CERBERUS Posted 29/07/07 08:59 AM Posted 29/07/07 08:59 AM How much did it all cost all up and do you recomend it???
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 29/07/07 10:28 AM Posted 29/07/07 10:28 AM Ahh yes.. a VSI (Vapour sequential injectorion) system installed.. Really simple just as a gas research carby.. except instead of 1 point of entry into the manifold, it has a seperate solenoid for each runner/cylinder..Good to see results being made there... Unsure how far you could push the power up on such vapor injection system. I have seen APS Frankson say for "serious of boosted setups" Liquid injection would be ideal for testing..I am highly interested to see a Liquid injection system being installed / developed in a highly tuned turbo vehicle.Injectoing LPG as a Liquid has one major property over a vapour system.. As its injected as a liquid, a smaller "dose" is injected, and it expands in the manifold prior to the inlet valve.. Big deal you ask?hell yes.. As it expands it "absorbs" the heat out of the incoming air.. Technically giving you the ability to do away with a intercooler... (but why would you??)
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 29/07/07 10:52 AM Posted 29/07/07 10:52 AM How much did it all cost all up and do you recomend it???Bloke at work was quoted 4k this week to have a gas system fitted to his Territory.I nearly fell over when he told me, last time I had a gas system fitted it was 2k all up..... Even with the Gov kickback I cant see the cost offset having any gain unless your doing a load of K's to make up for it....
TURBOTAXI Member 62 Member For: 19y 8m 23d Posted 08/08/07 10:51 AM Author Posted 08/08/07 10:51 AM Herbie,Would do it again in a flash - this car has been problem free since conversion.I am already planning the next one.APS Frankston know their stuff, for a stock boost level and for normal driving, I cant fault this.
TURBOTAXI Member 62 Member For: 19y 8m 23d Posted 08/08/07 10:59 AM Author Posted 08/08/07 10:59 AM Bloke at work was quoted 4k this week to have a gas system fitted to his Territory.I nearly fell over when he told me, last time I had a gas system fitted it was 2k all up..... :fear (5):Even with the Gov kickback I cant see the cost offset having any gain unless your doing a load of K's to make up for it....Lets do the math (yes I do lots of K's) Below are Dubbo pricesLPG @ 60cpl use at 13l/100 k = $7.80 per $100 k'sIf I could buy LPG at Melbourne prices - 40cpl that would be $5.20 per 100 k's - criminal PULP @ 140cpl use at 10l/100k = $14.00 per 100k'sAt the moment I do about 900k's week so it really does add up.I think it costs $4400 for a T.
Pube Member 159 Member For: 19y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 11/12/07 10:01 AM Posted 11/12/07 10:01 AM Im interested in doing a gas conversion on my XR6T. Has anyone got it fitted in Sydney?
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 11/12/07 10:10 AM Posted 11/12/07 10:10 AM I'm considering it as well after filling up last night......70ltrs/$105....and wont even last the week....Compared to 70ltrs/$38 it has to make you consider it....
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 11/12/07 11:47 AM Posted 11/12/07 11:47 AM Call frank at APS Frankston 9783 8300, I'm sure they have a sydeny agent for their eurogas products
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 11/12/07 11:52 AM Posted 11/12/07 11:52 AM I'm considering it as well after filling up last night......70ltrs/$105....and wont even last the week....Compared to 70ltrs/$38 it has to make you consider it....and its only going to get worse.
jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 3m 21d Posted 08/01/08 06:49 AM Posted 08/01/08 06:49 AM Having just jacked in my nice safe salary job for a new business venture ( that requires a fair bit of travelling) I've been looking at the options re a way more fuel efficient alternative to the T.Please tell me there is someone in Perth that can take care of the conversion / tune.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now