masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 16/02/14 03:32 AM Posted 16/02/14 03:32 AM Sorry for not starting a thread. I have been reallly indecisive about what to do at the moment. Do I go the cheap(possible) solution or get the full kit. It all boils down to cash flow at the moment and since I am going on holidays in March, I dont think I can afford a full kit right now. I will start a new thread tomorrow morning for the group buy of the braided lines. Might try and get rotors and pads in as part of the buy.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/02/14 03:47 AM Posted 16/02/14 03:47 AM Why do you need to do it now? Enjoy your holiday, save some more money and do it right when you have saved enough. 1
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 16/02/14 04:02 AM Posted 16/02/14 04:02 AM Adam, I agree with you there. Get it done right the first time and save myself the hassles. That being said if a simple change of braided lines, rotors and pads does the job, then I could save some money for other stuff like suspension. A lot of people including my tuner, are saying that braided lines, dba slotted rotars, decent brake fluid and good pads will resolve most of my brake issues. For this reason I want test this out. I have no plans to track the car or take it to the drags. For this reason a full upgrade kit is not a necessity but a desire to have some nice looking brakes.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/02/14 04:25 AM Posted 16/02/14 04:25 AM All good points. Different rotors does little for the look IMO. Anyone that knows enough to notice your brakes will also know it's just rotors. A bigger package turns heads, but they're so expensive. Especially if you don't really need the performance as you mentioned. 1
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 17/02/14 01:03 PM Posted 17/02/14 01:03 PM The group buy thread is up. Please repost your details in there if you are interested. http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/87562-braided-lines/
PULNGZ Member 25 Member For: 14y 7m 7d Posted 20/02/14 11:32 AM Posted 20/02/14 11:32 AM hi what group buys are running atm???
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 20/02/14 11:43 AM Posted 20/02/14 11:43 AM Currently have a group buy on all performance stuff for a XR6 Turbo.. Give me your bank account details and credit card number.. 3
PULNGZ Member 25 Member For: 14y 7m 7d Posted 20/02/14 12:11 PM Posted 20/02/14 12:11 PM LoL... been reading for the past 4 hrs on all HP matters and stumbled upon this thread and didn't know there was topics on all GB just couldn't be bothered sifting thru this 1 ...
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 26/02/14 02:29 AM Posted 26/02/14 02:29 AM Any new group buys need to be mentioned in this thread to gauge the amount of interest. Once there is enough interest, then the thread is created in this section http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/forum/147-group-buys/ The moderators then need to approve the new thread first before the group buy can be organised. As far as I can tell PULNGZ there is a single group buy on at the moment for Braided lines. http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/87562-braided-lines/
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 26/02/14 02:40 AM Posted 26/02/14 02:40 AM Gauges
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now