Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 04/02/07 12:50 PM Posted 04/02/07 12:50 PM AWD conversion..... ←Like in the GTR's so that it can be turned off when ever you wish.Imagine what a 4oorwkw 6 speed auto Awd F6 would go like with a 2 step/launch controll.←Would be great←And I've got a woodie thinking about it .....hrm.. I said that out loud didnt I?d.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 06/02/07 03:24 AM Author Posted 06/02/07 03:24 AM After changing the transmission and converting my car to BF specification, it was today time to get my initial tune dyno'ed to see if I could crack the 350 rwkw barrier.Initial run showed 321 rwkw, but after a bit of "adjustment" Simon cracked a 360 rwkw, so I'm very happy with that.To make it 100% safe, I now have 2 tunes to choose from, one @ 358 rwkw and one @ 355 rwkw The differenc is that the boost is controlled slightly differently, and one tune is probably faster in outright acceleration (like the drags) and the other is better on the street.Considering that I run stock pistons, I am extremely happy with the result, as I always aimed for the 350 rwkw mark
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 06/02/07 03:37 AM Posted 06/02/07 03:37 AM Nice work Allan and Simon
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/02/07 04:07 AM Posted 06/02/07 04:07 AM
2MUCHKW Member 350 Member For: 20y 5m 11d Posted 05/10/07 10:22 AM Posted 05/10/07 10:22 AM OK I will attampt to explain!When the trans leaves the factory, it has the software loaded which is compatible with the car where it is going to be installed, pretty much like the PCM gets the software to fit the car model and engine.The TCM then is able to communicate via the CAN network (contrary to the 4 speed which is unable to communicate anything other than temperature), and when the car is started, the TCM looks for the software in the PCM, as the PCM and TCM work closely together managing the car during driving conditions.If the software code in the PCM does not match what the TCM expects to see, it will report an error, and go into limp mode.At this stage Ford dealers and anybody else is not able to change the version of the software in the trans, and so the only option is to make sure that the PCM software is a perfect match to what the TCM expects, and the only way to do this is to have a PCM software which is identical to the car where the transmission came from originally.This can be achieved by either getting the PCM from the car where the trans came out, or making sure you have exactly the same PCM software to be loaded from somewhere else.Hope this makes sense Hi Allan,Can you or anybody tell me if a ZF 6 speed auto from a BF Tornado will communicate happily when installed into a BF ZF 6 speed Typhoon? Im assuming there should be no problem between the PCM and TCM communicating since they are so similar in spec but am I assuming wrong?All knowledgeable info appreciatedCheers
AJN Member 25 Member For: 19y 8d Gender: Male Location: SA Posted 10/07/08 10:42 AM Posted 10/07/08 10:42 AM Allan, How much in total do you think you have spent for this conversion to work mate, I am seriously keen to do one aswell!
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 13/07/08 01:37 PM Author Posted 13/07/08 01:37 PM ]I probably spent over $10k on this conversion, but that was getting almost everything brand new, except for the ZF trans. Being a pioneer aint cheap If the right donor car can be found, I would think this could be done a lot cheaper now, as ZF equipped cars are not as rare as nearly 2 years ago when I started looking into this.
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 04/08/08 09:03 AM Posted 04/08/08 09:03 AM Hey just read the enitire thread for the first time (well, skipped a few posts). Anywho, well done mate. Biiiiig effort fo shizzle.
MRV8LTD Member 3 Member For: 17y 10m 3d Posted 27/11/08 09:30 PM Posted 27/11/08 09:30 PM hey I have a 2003 BA LTD with a 4spd auto and really want to put a t56 in it, would it cost more compared to the zf, or should I opt for the zf?? could anyone shed some light
MRV8LTD Member 3 Member For: 17y 10m 3d Posted 27/11/08 09:34 PM Posted 27/11/08 09:34 PM (edited) are the electrics complicated for ZF the conversion? Edited 27/11/08 09:35 PM by MRV8LTD
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now