Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 8m 26d Location: Perth Posted 31/10/06 01:21 PM Posted 31/10/06 01:21 PM (edited) Watch the price of the SCT gear for the Australian model cars plummet 50% when another tuning solution becomes available. It can't happen soon enough.Well said sir, clearly your a scholar and a gentleman. ←Thanks My experience says that competition reduces costs. Having dealt with beta testing of LS1 edit, in 2001, I participated in a group purchase of the first release of LS1 Edit unlimited VIN editing software in Australia, costing AUD$12,500. Today this similar product is available for around $5300 Somewhere in my workshop I've still got my 4-vin LS1 edit tuning dongle laying around. Edited 31/10/06 01:26 PM by M6 XR6T
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 27d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 01/11/06 02:04 AM Posted 01/11/06 02:04 AM Nuff said, Ford VCM will kick arse on SCT...Chow
Dr Concrete Member 69 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Location: Adelaide Posted 01/11/06 02:16 AM Posted 01/11/06 02:16 AM how long until we get live wire?in Australia we are so behind, it makes me cry!
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/11/06 03:37 AM Posted 01/11/06 03:37 AM If editing can be done fast with the new tools, ....←Edit tuning is much much slower than it should be because of the time taken to upload & download the progam/maps between the flash unit and PC.Tuning is NOT done via a PC directly connected to the flash unit. It's a case of:1. set/start mapping parameters on PC2. download program/map to Flash Unit from PC ... wait for serial transfer to finish3. dyno run 4. analyse the dyno results5. upload from Flash Unit to PC ... wait for serial transfer to finishback to 1 and repeat until required results achieved.It is an archaic process that adds to the time and cost.Brian←Ah, you poor guys with Fords have never seen Dick's real time tuner in action. Being able to tune the car as you drive it via the laptop, change any setting and test it out in the real world is something to behold. Unfortunately Dick's a Expensive Daewoo only man. His next project is real time for LS2. I asked him to switch over since I was getting an F6, but alas no go.
Guest Guests Posted 01/11/06 10:13 AM Posted 01/11/06 10:13 AM how long until we get live wire?in Australia we are so behind, it makes me cry!Dry your eyes, tuning in this country with the LIVE WIRE may start as soon as late next week.........I'd post the cool results here but I fear that the moderators well only delete my posts and waste my time, sorry not my fault. Before you ask it'll be used to tune a Ford but not an Aussie build, heres a clue (GT Shelby), should learn a lot about this product and what a amazing car to learn off.
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 01/11/06 10:30 AM Posted 01/11/06 10:30 AM Ah, you poor guys with Fords have never seen Dick's real time tuner in action. Being able to tune the car as you drive it via the laptop, change any setting and test it out in the real world is something to behold. Unfortunately Dick's a Expensive Daewoo only man. His next project is real time for LS2. I asked him to switch over since I was getting an F6, but alas no go.←Its never gonna happen on the Ford pcm.. Dicks RT is a eprom emulator.. requires the pcm to have a eprom..The blackoak has half its data stored internally in the mpc, and half in a external flash. The Spanish oak (BF's), the data is stored entirely in the mpc. no chance of a eprom emulator here.Ford VCM? 2 week?.. can't wait..D.
spine Legacy Donating Member 642 Member For: 20y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Footscrayastan Posted 01/11/06 10:35 AM Posted 01/11/06 10:35 AM Ah, you poor guys with Fords have never seen Dick's real time tuner in action. Being able to tune the car as you drive it via the laptop, change any setting and test it out in the real world is something to behold. Unfortunately Dick's a Expensive Daewoo only man. His next project is real time for LS2. I asked him to switch over since I was getting an F6, but alas no go.←Its never gonna happen on the Ford pcm.. Dicks RT is a eprom emulator.. requires the pcm to have a eprom..The blackoak has half its data stored internally in the mpc, and half in a external flash. The Spanish oak (BF's), the data is stored entirely in the mpc. no chance of a eprom emulator here.Ford VCM? 2 week?.. can't wait..D.←yeah I had a hunch
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/11/06 02:06 PM Posted 01/11/06 02:06 PM Anyone spoken to any tuners about xcal2 etc? I'd be keen to hear what they have to say (remembering no ones going to bag it).Curious whether they'll be in for the mailing of 'tune updates' via email for upload to ones xcal2 via USB. Only prob I can think of is that a dishonest customer could 'pass it around' if it's not protected somehow.Now that I've calmed down about the pricing, with the datalogging feature and software etc, if I could offload my standard edit box, I might be in for an xcal2.Just need to be sure tuners are prepped and ready to receive?
Gavin.K Member 288 Member For: 21y 3m 18d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 01/11/06 08:38 PM Posted 01/11/06 08:38 PM I think that the live wire is going to be a great thing in the gt with one thing that you have left out... NOS...Going to be interesting.It is a shame that capa is slowing down the tec for the ozie cars though I am sure you will see the gains from the gt.gk
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Location: North Brisbane Posted 01/11/06 08:43 PM Posted 01/11/06 08:43 PM I don't think I will be sharing my 400+rwkw tune with anyone. Imagine putting that into a standard T and wondering how long the engine will last with no fuel...................
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now