tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/05/06 09:33 PM Posted 29/05/06 09:33 PM Boston Legal.Good show.←Shame it's on so frickin late though!
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 29/05/06 09:35 PM Posted 29/05/06 09:35 PM I know you guys probably hate everything from NZ, but if you get a chance either read or go and see 'The worlds fastest indian" about a NZ motorbike builder and rider.The book is best, but the movie is great as well.Anyone who appreciates automotive things and speed will enjoy it.←My old man thought that was great. I havent seen it though.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/05/06 10:45 PM Posted 29/05/06 10:45 PM Rob, thanks for the review.I have booked gold class tickets on Saturday to see the movie and a Suite in a hotel for afterwards as a special treat for the wife and I. I guess I will be enjoying a night without the baby.I have read the book and was told the movie follows the book very closely, so I do not expect too much from Mr Backdraft director as he tends to Hollywood everything he makes.I have wasted many hours and money on crap movies in the past, I just hope this one is a bit better.
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 29/05/06 10:59 PM Posted 29/05/06 10:59 PM PS - we hired out 'The worlds Fastest Indian' at home - and put it on a projector - and my wife - her parents and my parents all loved it. So... it is not just a bloke movie.
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 27d Location: Gold Coast Posted 29/05/06 10:59 PM Posted 29/05/06 10:59 PM Well, don't worry Zap I took the wife to the flicks on Saturday & stayed at the Royal Pines Resort in a suite afterwards for our wedding anniversary.We both enjoyed the Da Vinci Code, she had read the book but I hadn't. Well worth the money from my point of view, but like all movies made from a book the reader has the characters & story already in their head.I loved the whole movie & can't see what all the negativity is. It all depends on what type of movies you enjoy, personally thought it was one of the best movies I'd seen for a while!Russ
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/05/06 01:07 AM Posted 30/05/06 01:07 AM I know you guys probably hate everything from NZ, but if you get a chance either read or go and see 'The worlds fastest indian" about a NZ motorbike builder and rider.The book is best, but the movie is great as well.Anyone who appreciates automotive things and speed will enjoy it.←That was a great movie....
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 30/05/06 01:58 AM Posted 30/05/06 01:58 AM I thought it was ok but only if you havn't read the book as it makes you angry that they left all the good stuff out of the movie from the book!
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 30/05/06 02:06 AM Posted 30/05/06 02:06 AM I saw the movie first - then read the book - was a better way to be.
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 30/05/06 06:17 AM Posted 30/05/06 06:17 AM Saw it last night for free :-)Just as well. Thought it very ordinary.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now