F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 20/12/05 06:34 AM Posted 20/12/05 06:34 AM (edited) Finally pulled my finger out...Ended up with:AMD64 3800+ X2 Dual CoreDFI Ultra D Lanparty NF32Gb PC4000 DDR 500PNY 6800GT 256Mb AGP ( had it a while.. )2/ 300Gb WD SATA HDD in RAID1/ 120Gb WD IDE HDDSamsung 17" 4ms LCD ( 600:1 )MX 3100 Cordless laser Mouse/Keyboard combo.BenQ 16x DVD rwNow to benchmark it.. Edited 20/12/05 06:36 AM by F6 UTE
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 20/12/05 06:38 AM Posted 20/12/05 06:38 AM Finally pulled my finger out...Ended up with:AMD64 3800+ X2 Dual CoreDFI Ultra D Lanparty NF32Gb PC4000 DDR 500PNY 6800GT 256Mb AGP ( had it a while.. )2/ 300Gb WD SATA HDD in RAID1/ 120Gb WD IDE HDDSamsung 17" 4ms LCD ( 600:1 )MX 3100 Cordless laser Mouse/Keyboard combo.BenQ 16x DVD rwNow to benchmark it..Sounds great.... :( *Anybody know what he's on about?*
Killbot Member 160 Member For: 22y 6m Posted 20/12/05 06:42 AM Posted 20/12/05 06:42 AM I know whats hes on about,Damn nice system, do a benchmark in 3dmark 05 and let us know what u get.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/12/05 06:42 AM Posted 20/12/05 06:42 AM Nice spec, I think I need an upgrade
Eugene Member 670 Member For: 22y 17d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 20/12/05 06:45 AM Posted 20/12/05 06:45 AM Finally pulled my finger out...Ended up with:AMD64 3800+ X2 Dual CoreDFI Ultra D Lanparty NF32Gb PC4000 DDR 500PNY 6800GT 256Mb AGP ( had it a while.. )2/ 300Gb WD SATA HDD in RAID1/ 120Gb WD IDE HDDSamsung 17" 4ms LCD ( 600:1 )MX 3100 Cordless laser Mouse/Keyboard combo.BenQ 16x DVD rwNow to benchmark it..<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds great.... :( *Anybody know what he's on about?*<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yep, all sounds good, I am in the throws of updating mine at the moment,2 gig ram pc 32002 x 300 hd for music storage and OSI have lazer mouse etc and 17" LCDnew duel layer DVD burner etc, but I am still running my P4 2.8 procesor, its only a few months old and work fine.
jasper361 Member 407 Member For: 21y 8m 17d Location: Brissy Norf siide Posted 20/12/05 06:59 AM Posted 20/12/05 06:59 AM Finally pulled my finger out...Ended up with:AMD64 3800+ X2 Dual CoreDFI Ultra D Lanparty NF32Gb PC4000 DDR 500PNY 6800GT 256Mb AGP ( had it a while.. )2/ 300Gb WD SATA HDD in RAID1/ 120Gb WD IDE HDDSamsung 17" 4ms LCD ( 600:1 )MX 3100 Cordless laser Mouse/Keyboard combo.BenQ 16x DVD rwNow to benchmark it..<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds sweet, when does it get it's custom tune?
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 9d Location: Perth WA Posted 20/12/05 08:21 AM Posted 20/12/05 08:21 AM hehe sounds nice mate, amazing how cheap PCs are nowadays!!I build a moderate one the other week for a mate, it was like $1000 or something for 1024mb DDR400, p4 3GHz, 17" LCD, 120GB SATA with quality mobo, vid card and case.. way better than the $2k ones I was buildin last year, gotta love Moores Law !!
Typhoon Member 564 Member For: 22y 10d Gender: Male Posted 20/12/05 08:33 AM Posted 20/12/05 08:33 AM (edited) Finally pulled my finger out...Ended up with:AMD64 3800+ X2 Dual CoreDFI Ultra D Lanparty NF32Gb PC4000 DDR 500PNY 6800GT 256Mb AGP ( had it a while.. )2/ 300Gb WD SATA HDD in RAID1/ 120Gb WD IDE HDDSamsung 17" 4ms LCD ( 600:1 )MX 3100 Cordless laser Mouse/Keyboard combo.BenQ 16x DVD rwNow to benchmark it..<{POST_SNAPBACK}>OkA: Why do you need a raid set up for home use?B: Why not PCI Express?C:The dual core wont be needes unless your running duel core enabled software, or just doing stuff like formating 3 partitions at once.D: Why the slow DVD burner?E: Why so much HD space? you could always just use one for back up and get rid of the raid.Oh and how much did you pay for a SATA HDD im thinking a power load of cash.What are the FSB of that board?COMPUTERS ARE COOL!!! Edited 20/12/05 08:34 AM by Typhoon
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 20/12/05 08:35 AM Posted 20/12/05 08:35 AM I'm getting out of here!All I understand there is the...A:B:C:D:E:
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 20/12/05 09:34 AM Author Posted 20/12/05 09:34 AM Finally pulled my finger out...Ended up with:AMD64 3800+ X2 Dual CoreDFI Ultra D Lanparty NF32Gb PC4000 DDR 500PNY 6800GT 256Mb AGP ( had it a while.. )2/ 300Gb WD SATA HDD in RAID1/ 120Gb WD IDE HDDSamsung 17" 4ms LCD ( 600:1 )MX 3100 Cordless laser Mouse/Keyboard combo.BenQ 16x DVD rwNow to benchmark it..<{POST_SNAPBACK}>OkA: Why do you need a raid set up for home use?B: Why not PCI Express?C:The dual core wont be needes unless your running duel core enabled software, or just doing stuff like formating 3 partitions at once.D: Why the slow DVD burner?E: Why so much HD space? you could always just use one for back up and get rid of the raid.Oh and how much did you pay for a SATA HDD im thinking a power load of cash.What are the FSB of that board?COMPUTERS ARE COOL!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>A: Why do you need a raid set up for home use? I run a business B: Why not PCI Express? I had the Vid card already. Show me a vid card that maxes out on 8x AGP C:The dual core wont be needes unless your running duel core enabled software, or just doing stuff like formating 3 partitions at once. I have p2p running constantly, I host an FTP Server, I run a business with Accounts/Order/scheduling software ALL the time D: Why the slow DVD burner? I Have a Zensonic Z500 on order. I will stream media to my Home Theatre. I Burn the odd DVD, but mostly Ripping and streaming E: Why so much HD space? you could always just use one for back up and get rid of the raid. Because I can . I have 24 DVD Titles on my FTP, growing daily 300Gb SATA- $215 Each. FSB - 2000MT/s Since when does software need to be dual CPU enabled to take advantage of Dual CPU Cores?? News to me..You didn't ask why the fast router?????? Because I have a 24Mbit connection!!!!! And I can Download, Play online, Host my FTP - ALL AT ONCE with my dual core cpu, and not LAG OUT Hoo daddy.. Quick B'mark of '05 coming up, then maybe a tweak here and there, And I'll see how she goes.. Water cooling anyone??It's gonna be a late night.....................
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now