LazyBrennan Legacy Donating Member 683 Member For: 15y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages. Posted 18/02/12 03:56 AM Posted 18/02/12 03:56 AM Hey guys, In need of new tyres. 245/40 r18'sLooking at either. Kumho KU31's, Nitto Invos or toyo r1r.All of them are around the same price range buying online.Whats going to be the best? Car is a weekend car for cruises ect.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 18/02/12 04:27 AM Posted 18/02/12 04:27 AM For weekender I'd go Invo over KU31 even though mine seem just as grippy as the KU31's now...but running 4 more PSI in them that the KU31's. Never tried R1Rs.
LazyBrennan Legacy Donating Member 683 Member For: 15y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages. Posted 18/02/12 06:00 AM Posted 18/02/12 06:00 AM Yeah looks like I will end up with invos.Rang around today to try and find someone who had some and no shops had even heard of Nitto O.o One shop was dead set keen on GT Radials. Any one tried these?
Slash Donkey Dick Member 801 Member For: 16y 6m 20d Gender: Male Posted 18/02/12 07:05 AM Posted 18/02/12 07:05 AM Hey guys, In need of new tyres. 245/40 r18'sLooking at either. Kumho KU31's, Nitto Invos or toyo r1r.All of them are around the same price range buying online.Whats going to be the best? Car is a weekend car for cruises ect.R1R'sInvo & KU31 are not even in the same league. They're both decent, but more of a 'poor man's alternative' to the Toyo's imo.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 18/02/12 07:50 AM Posted 18/02/12 07:50 AM Yeah aren't R1R's pretty supreme? T1R's were the not as good ones?
Krazy Kyle Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds Legacy Donating Member 2,697 Member For: 15y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Work Posted 18/02/12 09:40 AM Posted 18/02/12 09:40 AM depends if your made of money though... gotta weigh up if u think they are 2x better for 2x the price.
xr6t ego Member 1,112 Member For: 19y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: PERTH WA Posted 18/02/12 09:44 AM Posted 18/02/12 09:44 AM Had the gauges fitted up yesterday. And wouldn't you know it, the boost gauge is faulty. It reads 8 psi higher than it should.... Getting bored of sh*t not going to plan that's for sure!/end of sooking.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/02/12 10:02 AM Posted 18/02/12 10:02 AM (edited) Yeah looks like I will end up with invos.Rang around today to try and find someone who had some and no shops had even heard of Nitto O.o One shop was dead set keen on GT Radials. Any one tried these?Gt Radials, did you speak to Allan Moffat. Just buy some round black ones and smoke the F_uck out of them.http://youtu.be/-Xrp8cJHl18 Edited 18/02/12 10:07 AM by arronm
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 18/02/12 11:41 AM Posted 18/02/12 11:41 AM I think I spotted the kron on Tonkin at 5pm today. Ciaran would have to confirm it. I only saw the car in the rear view mirrors. couldn't exactly read the number plate.I am always concerned about how long these dunlops are gonna last especially when, I want to give the car a good flogging, but then I think about how much it is gonna cost to get some new tires on and I just have to hold back.What are you guys using and how much die they cost?
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 18/02/12 01:38 PM Posted 18/02/12 01:38 PM (edited) I'm a big fan of KU31's as bang for buck. Just got 2 more on the fronts for 168ea fitted and balanced. I have Invos on the back which cost me about 180ea to have delivered, then pay to have them fitted. So far the invos don't seem to grip a great deal more. A little more, but I was expecting big things from the way they were talked up. KU31 treadwear rating 320, Invo = 260.edit- 235/45/17 sizes. Edited 18/02/12 01:38 PM by -SteveR-
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now