cunners

WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

Was driving down the Farmer Fway (Westbound) and saw an AcidRush XR6T (great colour by the way) with the xr6tubo.com sticker... We got side by side at one stage so you would have seen me too!!

First one I've seen in Perth (T with sticker that is)... :thumbsup:

People must have thought they were seeing double - Same car, colour and sticker.. only difference was the mobile phone aerial (not on mine) and I think you may have had 18's??

Would love to know who you are... :kissmy:

cheers

Jason

Hey everyone, since we dont really have a spotted thread, if you do see any T's around and happen to recognise it, post it up in here! If you dont recognise the car or owner, post it up and we'll see if it's a member of the forum.

Happy hunting! :blink:

Gotta get hold of some stickers too... I have calling cards if anyone wants to print some out to leave on windscreens? I keep a few in the car for the occasion.

yeah wet roads work in a similar manor to a high stall torque convertor...then allow you to get you engine rpms right up before you have traction so you get maximum hp down to the grond..... :spoton: (oh and they also make it much easier for the back end of the car to over take the front end.... :spoton: )

It's an easy way to see where you have just come from

Highly dependant on smoke output :laughing:

But yeah I'm settling down to a granny driving style now as denting my car has been boh an unpleasant and awakening experience. I've decided I aint going to die in a car. Sounds g@y but it only takes one mistake with a decent hp car unfortunately.

It's an easy way to see where you have just come from

Highly dependant on smoke output :laughing:

But yeah i'm settling down to a granny driving style now as denting my car has been boh an unpleasant and awakening experience. I've decided I aint going to die in a car. Sounds g@y but it only takes one mistake with a decent hp car unfortunately.

Tru Dat.... :kissmy:

I nearly made that mistake the first night I had my 8, it had been raining and I decided to play with the traction control off (yeah, real gold idea there) thinking I would be able to handle whatever I did.

Big mistake...

About 500m from home, around a bend in the wet, I planted my foot, the car held and shot away, about 25m later there was a second bend, and I dropped her into second, the arse end danced for me, so now going sideways up a hill, I took my foot off the accelerator and steered slightly into the skid, she danced the other way as I crested the hill..

so cresting a hill going sideways, I was having the biggest heart attack...

Over the top of the hill, and starting down the other side, she dances again, only this time, the arse end over takes the front end and puts my front left tyre into the gutter, about a metre away from an old wooden light pole, bounced the nose up into one of those little yellow poles with the no standing sign on it and the arse end came to a scratching halt against a retaining wall.

I decided that this would be an extremely good lesson in how to leave the traction control on at all times unless on a grassy paddock or something with nothing to hit within a kilometre.

To this day, the traction control has stayed on...

Edited by XR8owner

This is soooo true :spoton:

Last dyno day it was damp in patches, and I got caught in traffic while driving through the 'poly pipe' on our way to Hyperdrive in Malaga.

As we came out of the tunnel onto Mitchell Freeway, I planted my foot to catch up, and the rear stepped out at about 90 kph - quick corrective action and all was good, except for the change of underwear needed :laughing:

This is soooo true :laughing:

Last dyno day it was damp in patches, and I got caught in traffic while driving through the 'poly pipe' on our way to Hyperdrive in Malaga.

As we came out of the tunnel onto Mitchell Freeway, I planted my foot to catch up, and the rear stepped out at about 90 kph - quick corrective action and all was good, except for the change of underwear needed :laughing:

Gotta love auto's and their total unpredictability. Plenty of threads on this forum of guys spearing their cars into walls, trees etc when kickback occurs in the wet and T/C has been turned off in the tune :spoton:

rofl :spoton:

As we came out of the tunnel onto Mitchell Freeway, I planted my foot to catch up, and the rear stepped out at about 90 kph - quick corrective action and all was good, except for the change of underwear needed :spoton:

and your getting MORE power................................................... :laughing: lol

you can have as much power as you want but it's how you use it. I tend to want to use everything I got, so more power would be asking for trouble in my situation.

Been talking to Mal from Mal Wood automotive...looks like there might be a chance (if i pull my finger out and pay the man.... :spoton: ) that i'l have my six speed in by then...i wonder if Simon can get me my Nizpro bit and tune the car in time too....hmmmm..... :drivingalong: ...(please note i havent actually ordered the bits or paid Simon for them but thats irrelevant....they should be here already... :spoton: )

Been talking to Mal from Mal Wood automotive...looks like there might be a chance (if I pull my finger out and pay the man.... :blink: ) that I'l have my six speed in by then...I wonder if Simon can get me my Nizpro bit and tune the car in time too....hmmmm..... :spoton: ...(please note I havent actually ordered the bits or paid Simon for them but that's irrelevant....they should be here already... :spit: )

lol I have a kit comming for a guy who isnt in any rush so ill ask him if I can use that for you and reorder the bits when we are all squared up :spoton:

3 kits due this week :msm:

Edited by Xtreme F6

Hey guys, the cruise threads get a bit filled with off topic stuff so I have started this thread and moved the relevant posts in here... knock yourselves out :spoton:

good idea Steve!!!!! How was town last night. I had the semi/undecided ex girlfriend running around in Northbridge and didnt want to run into her so had to bail that idea!!! Have to go out for a long night of beer tasting some time soon though!!!

ANYONE GOING TO THE V8's.

Heeeeey i dont remember starting this topic..... :laughing: ........should have been steve that started it...he's the king of off topic drivel..... :spoton: ..... :laughing:

Thst would be great Simon if the guy didnt mind me using his bits....would mean i wouldnt have to the car to bit twice.... :spoton:

good idea Steve!!!!! How was town last night. I had the semi/undecided ex girlfriend running around in Northbridge and didnt want to run into her so had to bail that idea!!!  Have to go out for a long night of beer tasting some time soon though!!!

ANYONE GOING TO THE V8's.

argh, im going all 3 days......... I have corperate tickets from ford for sunday, tickets from someone else for all 3 days........ :spoton: bloody hell... I can use a tciket to wipe my ass :spoton:

this is a nifty thread..

what's it about??

Do we get to pay out on each other in our own corner of the forum??

Who's first... oh, hiddeous started already :spoton:

Who around here is going to have wheels up and running for the 17th May woop ass Wed??

Can I run someone?? even u Simon, would be great yeah??

howzaboudit??

i wont be there..will probably have a car with no gearbox/intercooler/intake plenum...and i have to got toa birthday party for some dude i dont even know so that counts me out.....is it on the week after?....i'll have to try and learn how to drive a manual car down the strip again..... :spoton: could be entertaining... :laughing:

Are you expecting to better your previous times Ben?