Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 6d

Might go the hotdogs then, I don't want it to be overly

I have twin 2.5" at the back with no mufflers, just the centre. youd have to hear it to really get a decent opinion but I rekon its not that loud. has that super raw sound at idle, is quiet when your not getting up it, but sounds mint when you give it a bootful. The ONLY thing I dont like is that its does drone a bit when its cold, at about 2200-2500. im thinking small, small hotdogs. theres a video of mine on here somewhere

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 6d

oh yeh, got a high flow cat too, wasnt AS bad with the std cat

• Member For: 11y 5m 22d

Just paid Liverpool exhaust $150 to chop rear and replace with straight 3 inch on a fg xr6t auto, not happy at all, still too soft. How do I get the supra cannon sound ? I have noticed that the tutututu noise my car makes is louder now

• The Toxic Rocket
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3d

I've got my Contour sorted out now so when I head out later tonight I'll get some sound for you guys!

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 7m 28d

Accidentally posted this in Rear Muffler Removal thread :headbang2:

Hey guys,

Got my center muffler removed on Friday at Fat Pipes through a mate. Didn't cost much - they did a tidy job - it's on an FG Manual sedan.

Love the sound of it at idle.

Seems to drone between 1500-2500 RPM depending on the throttle (up hills you can hear it).

LOVE the crackles and pops between shifts and on engine braking (sounds flemmy haha).

Unsure what I think when I'm giving it the business. Just sounds 'louder' - nothing more.

That's not a bad thing - but with the sound differences at idle and shifts, I kind of expected a different sound - but nope, just straight XR6T but louder.

Really good value for money - way happier with the exhaust note now.

For the record - I have noticed zero performance differences. Doesn't feel slower or faster at all - just, louder.

I'll try and get some audio or video up in the next week or so, just in case there's one more person left on the planet who isn't sure on this mod.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d

the centre muffler is classified as a crumple zone because the exhaust will go into the muffler.

this, is possibly, one of the funniest things I have ever read on the intrawebs!!!

what a load of bs

so what happens if a car is hit up the rear, but misses the tail pipe? or is hit only on the left hand side? does the car just disintegrate because the exhaust system wasn't involved in the crumple zone?

do car makers purposely make cars weaker or stronger on one side dependant on what side the exhaust exits?

mcfarken lol city

• Like 1