RSK Member 340 Member For: 19y 24d Gender: Male Posted 10/03/09 12:17 AM Posted 10/03/09 12:17 AM I had a custom tune, got the centre muffler made up with straight pipes, took it back to my tuner just to be safe and it was running leaner, so it did need a retune.
PSI40T Member 448 Member For: 19y 7m 19d Posted 22/04/09 02:55 AM Posted 22/04/09 02:55 AM Got my center muffler removed from my fg xr6t.. Boy is that thing heavy!!!! They replaced it with a 3" pipe but needed a slight bend and put a flange on it....sounds great, has the burble of a v8 lol no drone. even the exhaust guys were impressed... I think it defiantly needs a tune though, feels a lil flat low down... but its all good because my car is booked in at c&v Friday
XR6T Drifter Member 113 Member For: 17y 11m Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 26/04/09 11:06 AM Posted 26/04/09 11:06 AM why is my exhaust so loud when it is cold , got the centre muffler removed sounds like a tractor but when it has warmed up its not too bad , its so horrible im looking for a new rear muffler (sporty)
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 27/04/09 02:27 AM Posted 27/04/09 02:27 AM I found mine VERY LOUD and lumpy when starting from cold and once warmed up it sounded like a tractor unless you were giving it heaps then it sounded great. Dunno why it sounds different though.
PSI40T Member 448 Member For: 19y 7m 19d Posted 27/04/09 04:24 AM Posted 27/04/09 04:24 AM after I got the tune done on my car the exhaust sounded ALOT better for some reason..... ?? doesnt sound like a tractor at all...
thebassist_88 Member 7 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 30/04/09 02:23 AM Posted 30/04/09 02:23 AM Hey guys,I just got quoted $200 to make up the straight pipe section to replace the centre muffler. This is with two new flanges so I can return it back to stock if needed. Does this sound reasonable??
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 10d Location: adelaide Posted 30/04/09 06:26 AM Posted 30/04/09 06:26 AM Hey guys,I just got quoted $200 to make up the straight pipe section to replace the centre muffler. This is with two new flanges so I can return it back to stock if needed. Does this sound reasonable??yea it is mate. the flanges are not cheap plus theres the bends so its a fare price
RSK Member 340 Member For: 19y 24d Gender: Male Posted 30/04/09 07:56 AM Posted 30/04/09 07:56 AM Yep, got mine done for 200 made up with flanges too.
kona86 disgruntled member Legacy Donating Member 1,237 Member For: 18y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Glen Waverley Posted 30/04/09 08:18 AM Posted 30/04/09 08:18 AM u guys are paying too much! I got mine done with flanges for $130
thebassist_88 Member 7 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 30/04/09 09:16 AM Posted 30/04/09 09:16 AM The place I got the quote from is renown for being overprice that's why I thought I should ask. Another guy tried to tell me it was a real hard job and would be over $300....but then again he was trying to tell me it would increase power and the cat wasn't the restriction, so as you can imagine I left quickly after that
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now