Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Member For: 15y 6m 22d

Without reading through the whole posts, does anyone know of a good exhaust shop that they can recommend on the gold coast to remove my centre muffler ?

I listned to a few on youtube with the stock exhaust and just centre muffler removed and I thought it sounded awesome.

I have used 1 exhaust shop on the coast to fit a muffler and some pipe on my daily 323 and its the worst weld job I have ever seen. I dont know of any others around as I am still only new to the area and dont trust my car with any jo blo !

Or does any one make a bolt on replacment section I can fit myself ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 2d

Hi guys new to the forum I just bought a BA T auto ute I noticed she had a bit of a grumble when ideling and crusing under 60-70km and poked my head under to find out the center muffler had been romoved and replaced with press bend pipes I am wondering do I have more power or less than standard as there seems to be alot of conflicting stories ??

Also what other mods can be done to make more power with out the loss of fuel efficiency ??

regards Po

• BIGRED
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 4d
Twin 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust, thoughts? Im not looking to go mega with the exhaust but I know someone in the industry n I can get that done for $1100 fitted..

Good choice?

why dont u put the extra $400 ontop and get a full turbo back 3.5inch Xforce exhaust? would give u a big jump in power and sounds very tuff!

• NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member For: 16y 4d
Hi guys new to the forum I just bought a BA T auto ute I noticed she had a bit of a grumble when ideling and crusing under 60-70km and poked my head under to find out the center muffler had been romoved and replaced with press bend pipes I am wondering do I have more power or less than standard as there seems to be alot of conflicting stories ??

Also what other mods can be done to make more power with out the loss of fuel efficiency ??

regards Po

Mate I think at regular/low power levels, press bent is fine.

A press bent straight pipe is still more freeflowing than a muffler with the offset inlet/outlet (like the std one).

When your exhaust is being upgraded for performance reasons (ie. the stock one is beyond it's limit) this is where mandrel bent would be better.

Don't quote me on this though as I don't know sh*t compared to most and I'm just repeating what I've been told by the guy who did my centre muffler removal (Fastfit Seaford, who also did one of the first ones on Craig/Geea's car).

Mine has press bent pipes straight through and I can't perceive any loss of power. May have picked up 1 or 2 kw but it could just be the placebo from the extra sound :shuriken:

Edited by Ghosti

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 6d

Hey Ghosti, how much did it set you back to get that done... Im like 2 mins from Seaford, so I mioght aswell get it done there if the price is right...

• NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member For: 16y 4d
Hey Ghosti, how much did it set you back to get that done... Im like 2 mins from Seaford, so I mioght aswell get it done there if the price is right...

$100 but I didn't get it flanged so I could remove it. They cut out the muffler and welded in the pipes.

But that doesn't bother me at all cos the next exhaust mod I do will be an XForce replacement anyway.

The owner, Mike is a good bloke and has a sh*tload of experience with racing engines (small block V8 skiboats).

Not that it probably matters as it's a pretty simple job.

Sounds a sh*tload better than stock man, easily worth the $$.

No drone, not too loud (might be just over legal but doesn't scream "DEFECT ME!").

Good sh*t.

Oh and the heatshield hasn't rattled since! Bonus :)

Cheers,

Clem

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 6d

Got mine done about 3 months ago now

Sound is great - but definately lost some peak power/boost and have a flat-spot at 2800 - 3000 RPM when I nail it...

Coincidence? Who knows.. Ill prob get a custom flash tune then see how she goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 5m 17d

some one tell me, cause ive being reading and people say they get drone when they removed the centwer muffeler?? w/e drone is lol, someone explain>??

im booked in for monday to get it removed with 2 straight pipes.

Some people say power the same, some say increase, some even said power loose LOL.

Im mainly doing it for the sound for the time being, but down the track im after around 350rwkw's.

so would it be better for me to get the center muffeler removed and get upgrade to dual 2.5inch pipes from cat back? then when im after power get a bigger cat??

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 17d

No drone for me & no power loss either but I certainly didnt gain any power.