MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 27/03/13 11:09 PM Posted 27/03/13 11:09 PM Might go the hotdogs then, I don't want it to be overly I have twin 2.5" at the back with no mufflers, just the centre. youd have to hear it to really get a decent opinion but I rekon its not that loud. has that super raw sound at idle, is quiet when your not getting up it, but sounds mint when you give it a bootful. The ONLY thing I dont like is that its does drone a bit when its cold, at about 2200-2500. im thinking small, small hotdogs. theres a video of mine on here somewhere
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 27/03/13 11:10 PM Posted 27/03/13 11:10 PM oh yeh, got a high flow cat too, wasnt AS bad with the std cat
sct911 Member 848 Member For: 13y 11m Gender: Male Posted 28/03/13 02:51 AM Posted 28/03/13 02:51 AM Just paid Liverpool exhaust $150 to chop rear and replace with straight 3 inch on a fg xr6t auto, not happy at all, still too soft. How do I get the supra cannon sound ? I have noticed that the tutututu noise my car makes is louder now
Trent0 The Toxic Rocket Legacy Donating Member 574 Member For: 16y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/03/13 09:23 AM Posted 28/03/13 09:23 AM I've got my Contour sorted out now so when I head out later tonight I'll get some sound for you guys!
MR XR8 Member 77 Member For: 20y 2m 12d Gender: Male Posted 02/04/13 01:57 AM Posted 02/04/13 01:57 AM I have a fg xr6 turbo ute and looking at doing a mufler delete just wondering out of the rear muffler or the centre muffler which one would be more restrictive ?
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/04/13 06:54 AM Posted 02/04/13 06:54 AM the cat is the most restrictive partthe mufflers are for noise
samcaula13 Member 17 Member For: 14y 1m 6d Posted 12/05/13 06:31 AM Posted 12/05/13 06:31 AM Accidentally posted this in Rear Muffler Removal thread :headbang2: Hey guys, Got my center muffler removed on Friday at Fat Pipes through a mate. Didn't cost much - they did a tidy job - it's on an FG Manual sedan. Love the sound of it at idle.Seems to drone between 1500-2500 RPM depending on the throttle (up hills you can hear it).LOVE the crackles and pops between shifts and on engine braking (sounds flemmy haha).Unsure what I think when I'm giving it the business. Just sounds 'louder' - nothing more. That's not a bad thing - but with the sound differences at idle and shifts, I kind of expected a different sound - but nope, just straight XR6T but louder. Really good value for money - way happier with the exhaust note now. For the record - I have noticed zero performance differences. Doesn't feel slower or faster at all - just, louder. I'll try and get some audio or video up in the next week or so, just in case there's one more person left on the planet who isn't sure on this mod.
milk Member 6 Member For: 15y 3m 22d Posted 25/09/13 01:06 PM Posted 25/09/13 01:06 PM I got a xforce 3.5" turbo back and deleted the center muffler. sounds tops.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/09/13 12:13 AM Posted 26/09/13 12:13 AM the centre muffler is classified as a crumple zone because the exhaust will go into the muffler.this, is possibly, one of the funniest things I have ever read on the intrawebs!!!what a load of bsso what happens if a car is hit up the rear, but misses the tail pipe? or is hit only on the left hand side? does the car just disintegrate because the exhaust system wasn't involved in the crumple zone?do car makers purposely make cars weaker or stronger on one side dependant on what side the exhaust exits?mcfarken lol city 1
howitzer85 Member 241 Member For: 19y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: The marsh... Posted 26/09/13 11:37 AM Posted 26/09/13 11:37 AM that's gold! Please tell me that dude was joking
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now