Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 3d Location: Sydney Posted 07/02/05 01:31 AM Posted 07/02/05 01:31 AM Phase III really should be rebuilt with billet rods and forged pistons - add another $9000.You're basing this comment on what?
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 07/02/05 01:37 AM Posted 07/02/05 01:37 AM Phase III really should be rebuilt with billet rods and forged pistons - add another $9000.This would be a sensible option
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 07/02/05 01:43 AM Posted 07/02/05 01:43 AM Yes it is a great effort by Geea-33, the only thing to point out is that it was run on the street Nitto's, wonder what he will mamage on the Dunlops during winter when we'll see what it really is capable of, as for the WRX comparo, yes they are quick, but unless you are Jockey sized & most of us aren't you wouldn't want to drive out of your city in one. I'm not as confortable with my knees behind my ears as I once was. LOLScotty<{POST_SNAPBACK}>The best time Rumble has on the 17" Dunlops is a 11.999. This was my first time to the strip with him. I might be able to get it a little quicker in winter but traction is always going to be an issue.With my 19's I can get consistant good launches @2500rpm on the street as long as I give the tyres a little (2-3sec) burnout first. I'm not prepared to run the 19's on the strip but I'd think they would be inbetween the Nitto's and the Dunlops. They are 275's so this would help.Geea.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 07/02/05 01:50 AM Posted 07/02/05 01:50 AM I agree and I don't think that anyone would compare the total packages of a Falcon and a european supercar for a second, but I'll sum it up in a Master card moment.BA Turbo ute $38,000APS Phase III $9,700Auto rebuild $1,200The look on the guys face in the Ferrari next to you after you have just smoked him at the last two sets of lights with an extention ladder on you ladder bars...PRICELESSI've done it and it's as fun as it sounds.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>XR6 Turbo = Ultimate bang for bucks when stock but even better for modding. No doubt about it <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How about we compare apples with apples-----------XR6T Ute $38K + $10k mods = 292RWKW roughly102 rwkw for $10k ( plus bottom end maybe )25% of cars value for 55% increase in performanceTotal Cost $48K1 F6 Tornado Ute $52k + $1300 Edit = 285 RWKW85 RWKW for $1300 2.5% of the value of the car for a 44% increase in PerformanceTotal cost $54kULTIMATE BFYG......I'll be adding injectors aswell, so hopefully 300rwkw+ for <$2k tuned......SS Commodore ( In Motor 'Tuner' edition magazine or whatever that's called )$40k + $5k cam/chip/exhaust package$45k total price for 12.2's 1/4 mile....not bad..I'd say XR6T, BFYG in stock form, not modified form....Can we please clarify something, street tyres are one thing, Full street trim is another.. Whats the quickest an XR6T has gone on Street driven Dunlops with standard tyre pressures?? anyone?? Because bcl might get beaten on the strip in his STI, but at the lights, he'll beat geea in street trim.....
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 07/02/05 01:53 AM Posted 07/02/05 01:53 AM The best time Rumble has on the 17" Dunlops is a 11.999. This was my first time to the strip with him. I might be able to get it a little quicker Geea. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Full tyre pressures?? Good effort regardless..
Ezy10z Member 211 Member For: 23y 3m 1d Location: Ballarat Posted 07/02/05 01:54 AM Posted 07/02/05 01:54 AM I think the xr6 turbo will go to 300km look at the aps xr6 turbo 307km/h top speed, and with premiums or brembos fitted you can make it stop just as quick.As for the WRX my mate has one 2000 model old shape standard, I drove it a couple of times, thos things lag like no tommorrow, also very rough ride ummm heavy steering not as repsonsive and smooth as the T, also not as quick, and all the wrx 2000 I have seen all have dints on the doors? why is this? maybe because the doors are paper fin and it is one unsafe car to drive everytime my mate guns it I just prey we dont stack case it will crumble. as for modding wrx what can u do there already on 14psi from factory push it up to 18-20 u will need to strenghten alot of things on those crap, fare enough they corner good and take of that's about it. Defn not bang for your bucks car.XR6 turbo IS.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I have experience with a 1999 model WRX. Still using the stock turbo and stock boost level it has 50kw ATW more than standard which is very reliable. Also the stock turbo is very small so ya cant expect to gain to much from a stocky. APS's WRX has 486hp@wheels and probably more now. In regard to the dents I dont think that's because of poor build quality. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but our WRX has been owned since new and not one fault experienced from poor build quality. I personally thought the steering was very responsive but I'm not going to start a debate about how good a WRX is and faults of another. With front mount intercooler, unichip, cold air intake and 3" inch exhaust I did 13.45 at Calder last year. It's not 11 seconds but it's respectable for a daily streeter with very few mods.Cheers.Robbie.
KBB Member 55 Member For: 22y 8d Posted 07/02/05 02:01 AM Posted 07/02/05 02:01 AM R32 GTR despite being a bit old is probably best value for money for all rounder performance. For $20 - 25K plus 10K mods you are looking at mid 11's and they handle and stop rather well too.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 07/02/05 02:04 AM Posted 07/02/05 02:04 AM R32 GTR despite being a bit old is probably best value for money for all rounder performance. For $20 - 25K plus 10K mods you are looking at mid 11's and they handle and stop rather well too.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>New car, available from the floor right now..Otherwise we'll get, oh, Datsun 1200 ute with a turbo rotary, 11.0's all day for under $10k.. Try R34 Skyline, $100k for 11's.... nice, if u can have it.. ( no R35 yet, so no comparo..)
KBB Member 55 Member For: 22y 8d Posted 07/02/05 02:08 AM Posted 07/02/05 02:08 AM R32 GTR despite being a bit old is probably best value for money for all rounder performance. For $20 - 25K plus 10K mods you are looking at mid 11's and they handle and stop rather well too.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>New car, available from the floor right now..Otherwise we'll get, oh, Datsun 1200 ute with a turbo rotary, 11.0's all day for under $10k.. Try R34 Skyline, $100k for 11's.... nice, if u can have it.. ( no R35 yet, so no comparo..)<{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's why I bought an XR6T...
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 07/02/05 03:37 AM Posted 07/02/05 03:37 AM The best time Rumble has on the 17" Dunlops is a 11.999. This was my first time to the strip with him. I might be able to get it a little quicker Geea. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Full tyre pressures?? Good effort regardless..<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yep this was with normal 36psi tyre pressure. This is because I have found no advantage to lowering the pressure on the Dunlops. This was with half a tank of petrol and the spare in the boot.My 19's might go a touch quicker as they are 275's against the 17's 235. Until the 19's wear alot more I won't be finding out.Geea.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now