turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m 1d Gender: Male Posted 16/04/04 02:38 PM Posted 16/04/04 02:38 PM Thanks for sharing that info Geea. You've worked out a great power recipe at a good price. You sound like a guy where this is not the end by a long shot. You will get used to the power you have now and will want more and more and more and more. I warn you it is an adiction.Re intercooler I would get rid of the BBM and replace it with an ED inlet manifold. I would use a crossflow set up (like what Nizpro did) garret bar and plate intercooler and modify the sheet metal of the car to accomodate 2.5" pipes under the headlights on both sides for the shortest possible route. Alot are afraid to do any sheetmetal work but in my opinion to do it properly its gotta be done.
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 16/04/04 10:10 PM Posted 16/04/04 10:10 PM Re intercooler I would get rid of the BBM and replace it with an ED inlet manifold. I would use a crossflow set up (like what Nizpro did) garret bar and plate intercooler and modify the sheet metal of the car to accomodate 2.5" pipes under the headlights on both sides for the shortest possible route. Alot are afraid to do any sheetmetal work but in my opinion to do it properly its gotta be done. Hmmm interesting thoughts you have there turbotrana, l like your thinking
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 5d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 17/04/04 01:20 AM Posted 17/04/04 01:20 AM The ED inlet manifold wouldn't fit onto the head as the port shapes are different. A custom plenum would be easier.
Guest ROCKET Guests Posted 17/04/04 01:47 PM Posted 17/04/04 01:47 PM greetings Craigwell done with the mods, they worked a treatregardsrod
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Location: Sydney Posted 22/04/04 02:42 AM Posted 22/04/04 02:42 AM Hi Geea,You looking at changing the muffler in the car? Must be restricting it at your current rwkw level.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 22/04/04 02:48 AM Posted 22/04/04 02:48 AM Hi Geea,You looking at changing the muffler in the car? Must be restricting it at your current rwkw level. When the T was released the statement floating around was that the standard system could allow 350 FWKW.Scotty
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 22/04/04 03:32 AM Author Posted 22/04/04 03:32 AM Hi Geea,You looking at changing the muffler in the car? Must be restricting it at your current rwkw level.When the T was released the statement floating around was that the standard system could allow 350 FWKW.Scotty I have about 340-350fwkw's I believe. At the moment my exhaust is stock except for the centre muffler being removed. I think I read somewhere that the centre muffler is fairly restrictive. With it being removed, if I choose to get a little more power do you think my exhaust would be ok? Would a better option be looking at a system similar to Brian or an APS system if I feel a need for more power?Geea.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 22/04/04 03:53 AM Posted 22/04/04 03:53 AM so you are running the standard cat and exhuast (expect for the center muffler) with 10psi and the factory valve springs????APS seem to think this will not work...Dave.
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 22/04/04 06:20 AM Posted 22/04/04 06:20 AM so you are running the standard cat and exhuast (expect for the center muffler) with 10psi and the factory valve springs????APS seem to think this will not work...Dave. With Geeas mods anything can be done :lol:
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Location: Sydney Posted 22/04/04 06:35 AM Posted 22/04/04 06:35 AM Apparently the standard cat is pretty restrictive, which is why only smaller gains are made removing the center muffler, as the cat is probably the main issue.Brian has done two mods to his car mufflers, 1 involving a new 3.5 inch cat and straight through twin 2.5s to a rear muffler (I have this too). The other is a 4inch cat to twin 3's (I think) and twin mufflers at the rear. Xrsikness as this as wellIt was done at a place called Tuffy Mufflers in Sydney.Xrsikness was saying his chip went out of sync when installing the new muffler because it allowed a much more free flowing zorst, which is a good thing.As I said, I have Bcls 1st sollution, but had a centre muffler installed cause of the noise. Im now removing this again becuase I want more powa
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now