kit choice & Newton's nightmare

Guest brutebogart

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 26d

brutebogart,

There are a number of options available now.

I use the Chiptorque XEDE piggygback ecu, as packaged with the Nizpro kit, which is an excellent package (I think the best), as well as some of my own customisations (e.g exhaust).

You can read about my car at http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...wtopic=9402&hl=

For a Stage 1 type upgrade, either the Unichip or XEDE should give you the results you want.

Good luck,

Brian

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 21y 1m 13d
Don't mind Mark, he's trying to use APS's scare tactics.

Geea.

Craig,

Just because you don't give a stuff about the legality of your car doesn't mean everyone else is also willing to be so irresponsible!

I'm not using any tactics FACTS ARE FACTS! And a newby should be made aware of them if he is asking for advice from us.

So, Brutebogart, don't mind Geea, he's got a Chiptorque Chip on his shoulder about the fact that his car is not road legal!

Mark

Mark I said,

Do the research and go with the mods that you think are best.

This would enable brutebogart to get the mods that he is most comfortable with. If you go through the forums I have never once critizised APS products. I believe that APS have a good product, I do have a problem with some of APS's marketing tactics. The legal issue being one of them. APS dont actually supply a "legal" car after the mods are completed, they only supply a certificate for compliance with emmissions. Its still up to the customer to get it engineered and then to supply the relavent data to the road authority of their state, to then make it legal. This costs an extra $700 on top of what ever they have spent. Anyone with mods can, if they choose or deem nessecary get the required documentation to make their car "legal".

Mark you have a fantastic car that I have personally seen run an 11.91. It was awesome, I'm sure brutebogart would be much more interested in your thoughts on your car and how the mods have affected it.

Geea. :hrmm:

Geea, I dont understand what you intend when you say you dont like some of APS's marketing tactics. The topic of street legality is not an marketing issue, its a legality issue which we as a responsible tuning company take very seriously.

If you choose to modify your car illegaly that's up to you, though please do not make spurious or misleading comments regarding APS product and the legality issue which you view as marketing tactics.

Most importantly it is the requirement of both the Road traffic Authority and the EPA, these laws are not APS laws they are however state and federal laws that we do our utmost to comply with. Fact is if you modify your car as you have the RTA and EPA can not only fine you they can also force you to remove all of the modifications that you have made to your car.

Remember the onus of continued compliance is on the owner to prove his car continues to comply to all Australian standards not on the state authorities to prove the car does not comply.

We deliver street legal conversions every week to xr6t customers (with an engineers certificate at an additional cost) and we dont generate a single dollar of revenue from this service, that is the engineer's report we provide to APS customers. In addition we can and do provide emission data to our customers (this is the costly data to obtain) for phase I to III APS systems at no charge to the customer and are happy to do so.

The cost of the engineers certificate is chicken feed compared to obtaining ADR 79/01 emission data on a one off basis, which is what you would need to obtain an engineers report and therefore a street legal car. Please lets keep the information factual, its all about legality not marketing.

Peter

APS

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 24d

Go with what feels best for YOU! I have seen and had so much input that I am completely confused. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Go with what makes you not only feel comfortable with the package, but the support and service.

These days, with this sort of tachnology on offer you cannot go too wrong. At the end of the day it's your money Ralf! :lol:

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 25d
At the end of the day it's your money Ralf! :lol:

And watch out because there's plenty of crooked pr!cks just waiting to take it off you to!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 24d
So, Brutebogart, don't mind Geea, he's got a Chiptorque Chip on his shoulder about the fact that his car is not road legal!

We'll that may be the case, but his car is probably far less dangerous than a modified T with 330 kw at the wheels and standard crappy brakes :k24t:

I'd be far more worried about encountering one of the above than Geea on the road any day :k24t:

I went with APS because I could spell it and can't spell chiptork :k24t:

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 25d
His car is probably far less dangerous than a modified T with 330 kw at the wheels and standard crappy brakes :msm:

Why does that matter?

They can still only do a maximum of 240kph, the modded T's can just get to that speed in less time.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 24d
His car is probably far less dangerous than a modified T with 330 kw at the wheels and standard crappy brakes :msm:

Why does that matter?

They can still only do a maximum of 240kph, the modded T's can just get to that speed in less time.

If you accelerate faster, then more force is being applied to move your vehicle, hence more force is required to stop it.

If you drive your modded T like a stock T this won't be an issue for brakes (although some argue they are poor for the standard 240fwkw car), but if you drive like this why mod the car in the first place :msm:

Anyway, back to the thread. As I said, I have aps gear and its very goodly :msm:

• Member For: 20y 2m 5d

We had BOOST6 over in WA doing the rounds for Nizpro a week or 2 ago. He has stage 2 and made 354rwhp. Mine went on the same dyno [APS PhaseII] and made 350rwhp.

Just a bit more info to wade through. :)

• Member For: 21y 20d

Geea, I support you in the comments you have made. You have made educated choices in the modifications you have done and in my opinion made the best decisions for your T. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you get satisfaction doing it, much as I do. Not all people have the time or skills (nor the desire) to do the research to pick the better "stuff" mixing and matching so sometimes they have to take a stab in the dark, rely on someones advice and hope for the best ; but pay a HUGE premium for it also. You can look at it the other way also. Sometimes if its just a one off thing you want to do and your not that way inclined as a DIY person you are better off paying someone whatever it cost to do it and do what you do best to pay it off.