kit choice & Newton's nightmare

Guest brutebogart

Guest brutebogart
  • Guests
:blink: I've not had my xr6 very long and because of my work don't get to drive it as often as I'de like, I'm thinking of getting a power up kit ,so who can help an APS or CHIPTORQUE kit

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d

Either can help, depending on how much $$$ you plan to spend would depend on which path to follow.

I recommend APS. They have a full range up to 390fwkw for about $10k

• Premium Donating Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 9d
  • Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen!

Depends if you want to keep the car roadworthy and legal or not? See the thread on "keeping your car legal"HERE"

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 17d
:w00t2: I've not had my xr6 very long and because of my work don't get to drive it as often as I'de like, I'm thinking of getting a power up kit ,so who can help an APS or CHIPTORQUE kit

Hi brutebogart, I have the chiptorque chip and I'm rapt. Follow the link to see what I've done.

Don't mind Mark, he's trying to use APS's scare tactics. :w00t2:

Do the research and go with the mods that you think are best. :spoton:

Geea's mods

Geea.

• Member For: 20y 7m 11d

Hi Brutebogart :wtf:

Ive gone done the APS path and I have to say im happy, not to say that the other tunners are any less capable. I just liked the ability to get an enginners report to make the care legal, that's just my own personal opinion. If you want follow the link to my experience with APS.

Cheers

Link To My APS Phase III

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d

Hi Brutebogart

I too have gone the APS route. Phase 2 with HD valve Springs and Auto upgrade :wtf:

Check out my thoughts below

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...=0entry108436

• Premium Donating Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 9d
  • Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen!
Don't mind Mark, he's trying to use APS's scare tactics.

Geea.

Craig,

Just because you don't give a stuff about the legality of your car doesn't mean everyone else is also willing to be so irresponsible!

I'm not using any tactics FACTS ARE FACTS! And a newby should be made aware of them if he is asking for advice from us.

So, Brutebogart, don't mind Geea, he's got a Chiptorque Chip on his shoulder about the fact that his car is not road legal!

Mark

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 17d

Geea.

Craig,

Just because you don't give a stuff about the legality of your car doesn't mean everyone else is also willing to be so irresponsible!

I'm not using any tactics FACTS ARE FACTS! And a newby should be made aware of them if he is asking for advice from us.

So, Brutebogart, don't mind Geea, he's got a Chiptorque Chip on his shoulder about the fact that his car is not road legal!

Mark

Mark I said,

Do the research and go with the mods that you think are best.

This would enable brutebogart to get the mods that he is most comfortable with. If you go through the forums I have never once critizised APS products. I believe that APS have a good product, I do have a problem with some of APS's marketing tactics. The legal issue being one of them. APS dont actually supply a "legal" car after the mods are completed, they only supply a certificate for compliance with emmissions. Its still up to the customer to get it engineered and then to supply the relavent data to the road authority of their state, to then make it legal. This costs an extra $700 on top of what ever they have spent. Anyone with mods can, if they choose or deem nessecary get the required documentation to make their car "legal".

Mark you have a fantastic car that I have personally seen run an 11.91. It was awesome, I'm sure brutebogart would be much more interested in your thoughts on your car and how the mods have affected it.

Geea. :blink:

• Member For: 19y 11m 28d

Geea.

Craig,

Mark

Mark I said,

Do the research and go with the mods that you think are best.

This would enable brutebogart to get the mods that he is most comfortable with. If you go through the forums I have never once critizised APS products. I believe that APS have a good product, I do have a problem with some of APS's marketing tactics. The legal issue being one of them. APS dont actually supply a "legal" car after the mods are completed, they only supply a certificate for compliance with emmissions. Its still up to the customer to get it engineered and then to supply the relavent data to the road authority of their state, to then make it legal. This costs an extra $700 on top of what ever they have spent. Anyone with mods can, if they choose or deem nessecary get the required documentation to make their car "legal".

Mark you have a fantastic car that I have personally seen run an 11.91. It was awesome, I'm sure brutebogart would be much more interested in your thoughts on your car and how the mods have affected it.

Geea. :blink:

Anyone with mods can. if they choose or deem neccesary get the reqiuired documentation to make their car "legal" :rockon:

Their are circumstances when you will not be able to have mods approved if the mods dont cut the grade the mods dont cut the grade! that simple

However being reasonably comparable kits im sure the ability to have the chiptorque or unichip equipped vehicles meet drive by noise tests and emmision requirements.

at what further cost on top of the kits is something that will need to be considered carefully! (It wont be $hundreds more likely $thousands to have an individual car tested for noise and emissions compliance)

They all seem like great kits and all the tuners offering kits for the T are republe and have been playing the mod game for donkey's good luck to you Brutebogart :blink: