Jump to content

CHIPS

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,351
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CHIPS

  1. When I went to school, we were always told to ride "single file", but nowdays everybody rides two abreast or even three abreast at times!! Mark.
  2. Down here in Geelong, I'm told $90 for the first run, $45 each run after that!
  3. CHIPS

    Top Fuel Facts

    :lol: :lol: PLonky, I look at your avatar, and I'm sure I could see Ponch's lips move as I read your post!! :lol:
  4. Mark.
  5. Happy birthday Ric, (Hypnodoc) ..........Any pressie's for the car by chance?...........no camshafts or anything like that? Have a good one anyway buddy! Mark.
  6. CHIPS

    Parking Game

    :lol: ........Nothing wrong with that Glenn! :lol:
  7. CHIPS

    Parking Game

    How come no one else got a negative score :o -13 ??? Mark.
  8. I'm still trying to find the right lower grille Macka, I saw a photo of BCL's car the other day, and I liked the look of his lower grille I quite like the look of the Mazda lower grille's (Mazda 3's & Mazda 6's) I reckon they have the right mesh pattern and shape. I must call into a dealer one day with my tape measure. :lol: Mark.
  9. I remember one of your first posts Brian, when you put up a good comparo with your WRX's and the XR6T. It seems that time has made you even fonder of the Falcon. Mark.
  10. Sounds great, be a bl00dy short cruise for me though!! And me! :lol:
  11. Cool you know l'm always up for a cruise and a Barby of course Yeh, I might tag along to that one also. ........Date depending ofcourse. Mark.
  12. 255 kph driving a Jaguar S Type 4.0 V8. (left hand drive too) coming from Darwin to Tennant Creek. that's the US speed limiter. Mark.
  13. CHIPS

    Pics of EXR24T

    :lol: ..........."EXR, son of Ken"..... :lol: Mark. Great looking car BTW!!
  14. Agreed! ...........I also like to see mat black pieces on a white car. Well done Macka! Mark.
  15. :lol: I'm sure Plonky would understand in these circumstances! :lol:
  16. .......You're not giving us a lot to go on there Macka!! Mark. ..........oooppps, I was a bit eager sorry Macka
  17. A few years ago a mate of mine and his buddies were doing the same thing except it was a dirt cart set up.(GSX 1100 engine also.) they used the standard bike transmission. I'll see if he's still got the plans. Mark.
  18. No, a torque converter is actually a torque multiplier as well as acting like a clutch - it's slippage allows higher engine revs at any given road speed according to load. At standstill and max throttle it can double the torque applied to the transmission input shaft. This is why autos can run taller final drives and taller gears and still match the accelleration of a manual. Well, mostly. However the heat produced and the inherent inefficiency of the oil medium in producing postive drive means there are some losses. Most of the loss or lower power output of the auto cars compared to the manuals is because of the heavier transmission components (higher inertia and higher friction) and also the greater number of "interruptions" to the torque flow ie bands, clutches etc. Every connection in the driveline causes heat and therefore loss of power output. Spot on Geoff, well written.
  19. You've got some top photo's there Dave ...............Espscialy that second last one! NICE (I thought those first photo's you posted were supposed to be arty farty style :lol: ) Mark.
  20. .......You romantic devil you..........
  21. 6 foot here also............ ..........and no complaints either Mark.
  22. My oh my, Youve got some fine material there Brian.......... ............Any more by chance??
  23. And whats wrong with a bit of pink.....? Yeh.......I love pink bits.......
×
×
  • Create New...