-
Posts
29 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by mls
-
-
sorry, couldn't get these embedded. http://www.staying-alive.org/en/shows/shor...tv_embarrassing http://www.staying-alive.org/en/shows/shor..._tv_sensitivity http://www.staying-alive.org/en/shows/shor...m/fur_tv_unsafe http://www.staying-alive.org/en/shows/shor..._tv_rubber_ring http://www.staying-alive.org/en/shows/shor...r_tv_why_condom
-
RFactor played with a good quality wheel has my vote. Many different types of racing available including F1, V8 Supercar, rally, speedway, go karts, etc. The game physics on most of the different styles seems pretty close to the mark, great graphics and very customisable. Not to mention how many are playing the game online which just adds to the whole package.
-
Looks like they are just the utilities / services floors. The brick would most likely only be there for noise attenuation and fire rating requirements.
-
If you liked the original "Elite" there was a sequel for windows called "Privateer 2 - The Darkening". Same general game play as Elite but with a little better story / game line to it, oh and much better graphics. It was made for Win95 but there are patches available that allow it to run on XP.
-
Autocad & Microstation are the 2 most popular programs used for drafting at the moment. Check what drafting jobs are currently available in your area and find out which of the 2 programs is most desired. Then go find a TAFE that offers a drafting course utilising the desired program an off you go.
-
Ever considered drafting? You can obviously use a computer & you say you have had manufacturing & production experience. If you can force yourself to do a 10 - 20 hour course in Autocad or microstation and are able to pick it up easily I would imagine you could fairly easily find yourself a contract job for about $30 - $35 / hr doing general drafting mark-ups. Ask Maximus what he thinks of contract drafting.
-
Or you could download Prism Converter to convert from almost any file format to almost any file format.
-
I like this, to me you are saying "I really have no clue what it takes to do the job and therefore am unable to do it myself, yet I don't believe you should charge me that much as I think I might be able to do it cheaper myself" Not a personal dig at you sly_ba, what you have written is what is expressed by a lot of the community. As a qualified mechanic I can only say this: "If you feel you can do it cheaper yourself, go and do it. However when something goes wrong because of what you have attempted then be prepared to accept that subsequent damages are not covered under warranty and will undoubtably take much longer and be much more expensive to repair." For example, what may have been an $80 coolant flush job could easily turn into an $800 head gasket job because the system was not bled properly.
-
Please correct me if I'm wrong but with Ford's extended warranty don't they explicitly say you need to have it serviced by Ford? Unlike the statute new car warranty that allows for servicing to be carried out elsewhere. If this is true then by taking it to Ultra Tune for your last service has just voided your extended warranty anyway so you can stop looking for the log books now.
-
But I can already see my car in a different colour, just have to move a couple of steps one way or the other with Fantasy
-
Oh, you mean like a purple XY GT with white interior being much more prized than a white one with black interior??
-
Sounds to me like the fluid is bleeding back past the primary cup in the master cylinder, that is why when sitting with foot on the brake the pedal will slowly fade to the floor. This can happen when you bleed the brakes and in the process push the pedal to the floor. If there is any crud in the end of the master cylinder the primary cup gets damaged. I'm guessing that you are driving something like an 03-04 year model that may not have had too many brake fluid flushes in its life?? Only way to fix it rebuilt / replace the master cylinder.
-
I'll reconfirm what ZAP has said before, it is the ABS arming itself. Had mine back in under warranty for the same reason a while ago, and have done a lot of checking myself. Definitely ABS setting itself, seems nothing to worry about, albeit a little disconcerting to the uninitiated.
-
I think this might serve your purposes well. Clicky Up to date instrumentation, might even be able to plug a dvd in with the help of some forum members Comfy seats with the obligatory drink holders And easy egress when wanting to do some relax free falls
-
What do you mean 'like fantasy'?? Apparently Fantasy is easier to blend in than metallic colours.
-
Shizz awesome, hey bro!!
-
So true, and why don't Ford supply us a new car when the paint starts fading?
-
Here's something for you to try with Fantasy. Hopefully this will make sense. Grab a torch and hold almost parallel to a panel, then rotate it around where the beam is hitting the paint so you go from pointing the torch up towards the sky around to pointing toward the ground. Looks absolutely awesome and shows the extremes of the colour.
-
Yeah, I would. Look at mine everyday A little story for ya. When the dealership first called to say mine had arrived I thought it'd be good to go for a sticky beak at it whilst they were getting it ready for delivery. Well, went and saw the sales guy who took me down to the pre-delivery area, walked in and he said "So what do you think?" I said "What do I think of what?, I don't see my car" It turns out that when the Fantasy cars are parked under mercury vapour lights in a workshop they turn very, very green, more than I expected. The sales guy had a little chuckle as he told me my car was less than 2 metres in front of me.
-
Hmmm, I read it as the alternator has a higher output capacity which means they can slow it down a little to give the required output necessary, which means less inertia carried by the alternator. They'd do this by either increasing the alternator pulley diameter, decreasing the crank pulley diameter or both. Just my thoughts on it.
-
Well that's not exactly true, in fact far from it. I had the reverse sensors fitted to mine by the dealer and was a little concerned of how they were going to match them with the rear bumper. They say its easier than metallic.
-
Geea, seems you forgot to mention that you also had mixed the octane booster with the fuel, not omitting some of the necessary info are you?
-
I am no longer in the auto industry but managed workshops for the better part of 10 years . Here's an analagy for you: In construction the buildings are designed to take certain loadings and if a building is originally designed with a 2.5 kN load limit on each floor when the occupier of said building dumps 10kN of machinery on the 3rd floor all warranties and liabilities on the designer / builder will be found to be null and void Some reasons why most would never put a warranty on performance work: - You don't know how the driver / owner was treating the vehicle (most will say that they were only driving calmly when it "let go") - You don't know if the driver / owner didn't back off at the first sign of a problem - Unless it was a full in house build you don't know how well the internals of the engine are put together. In general, if you are wanting high performance out of many lumps of metal and alloy flying around with astronomical pressures being exerted on them you will understand that there are many reasons why warranties aren't generally offered in this field of work.
-
Good to hear they are actually some good dealers out there. Didn't want to hijack the thread but thought it would be a good place to start asking the following. I am about to pick up my new BF T from New Oak's in a couple of weeks, I live in the SE burbs of Melbourne, question is who are the better service departments to deal with around this area for service and warranty work?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.