-
Posts
33 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Joey Thorne
-
While on ebay I found this, would it work on a baxr6t, or does anyone know of somthing like this that I can get! http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UNIVERSAL-ELECTRONIC-GAUGE-RPM-INJECTOR-TEMP-BOOST-/250821790810?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6624cc5a
-
Car Wont Do Anything!
Joey Thorne replied to Joey Thorne's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Awsome that seems alot better ! Does it only plug into the white pin connector n the aerial jack? -
hey guys so in my normal style I started off doing somthing I knew nothing about! its all apart of my style what I was doing was removing the icc so I could install some gauges I just jumped straight into it didnt bother to disconnect the battery rookie mistake! any how, half way thru the alarm starting going off and I figured it was time to disconnect the battery so I did, I finshed what I had to do and now when it came to starting my car it wouldnt start at all , I would turn the key to acc n all the lights were on but wouldnt start, the raido read "code error", and from what I have read it just takes half an hour or so to go back to normal as it is the origanal unit so no code is needed, but my issue now is the car wont do anything at all it dead nothing happens when the key is any position , Im thinking its prob fuses or relays, I relize I will have to take it some where but is there any trouble shooting tips you guys have befor I get it towed, just to make you all laught the sun roof is open n garage is full! im off to k-mart to by a garden shade haha... any help would be great!
-
hey guys, So what is the best turbo side intake to run and also best batt relocation kit? or does anyone have some info I could use to make my own This is prob stupid but can I just run cable to the boot and use the standard battery? thanks heaps sorry if the answers are out but I cant get tags to work tonight
-
thanks mate, that makes me feel so much better, efff working on car so stress full I think I will stick to what I know!
-
Turbo Timer Thread (Merged Topic)
Joey Thorne replied to SweetXR's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
rad, thanks mate! -
So last night I decided I would install the monza cooler I brought, turns out im a complete spazz and still havent finshed it, I should stick to my trade!, I have a few questions 1. it looks like it sits really low I havnt put the bumper on yet but I think it will hang lower is this normal? "my car isnt lowered" 2. the brakets seems to be ok but not 100% in-line is this right? 3. The cooler is nearly hard against the radiator is this ok?
-
Turbo Timer Thread (Merged Topic)
Joey Thorne replied to SweetXR's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
Hey guys prob a stupid question, Can anybody lock there car while the turbo timer is going? for some reason I cant lock mine n it always seems like that 3 mins I have to wait is so DAMN long.. -
ok everyone is going to jump on me for this but what ever! to be honest most the xr6t I hear sound pretty crappy compared to V8's that have the deep grunt where as any 6 turbo or not just doesnt have it...my exhaust is loud sounds ok but im into the induction n turbo sound! I have twin 3inch stainless system
-
Planning To Buy A Ba Mkii Xr6 Turbo... Need Some Advice Please!
Joey Thorne replied to MAXout's topic in XR6 Turbo
far out I have been scared out of owning my turbo after reading all that can go wrong, I ony find comfort in the fact that I brought it from a car yard and paid alittle extra for 3 year unlimited warranty on everything except the sunroof which only works half the time. I also only wanted manual and that's what I got which I now wish I hadnt after driving my brothers auto xr6t in manual mode it feels much quicker even thou on paper its not! Any ways back to my point buy from a car yard you may pay alittle more but you have someone to blame when things go bad, you will have much more luck yelling at a car sales man than someone off the street.... -
Im going to come down to your shop prob next week on a day to talk about some work I want to book in for, if that's ok I will pick your mind about gear boxs too.
-
so what should I do? I want to get 300rwkw what would be a good box to put in it?
-
Whats the issue with the 5 speed, be gental I do have one
-
haha its why I got one, In saying that the bogan car atm are mini trucks with a unit sticker in the back window, yea yea so I have a mini truck too haha no sticker
-
Who Is Running A Custom Made Cai?
Joey Thorne replied to Joey Thorne's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
this is what im going to go for thanks for the pics, I will change a a few things I want to add a lower intake pipe, the kits are def worth the money I just cant spend the coin when I can do it myself unless it comes with some really sweet stickers j/k -
Who Is Running A Custom Made Cai?
Joey Thorne replied to Joey Thorne's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
im going to make a cardboard mock up to night to see how it fits , I have an idea but I dont want to sound to stupid and mention it now and then find out it wont fit, I will post some pics soon if anyone is keen to see it -
Who Is Running A Custom Made Cai?
Joey Thorne replied to Joey Thorne's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
its for my ba, who ever owned my car befor me has put a SS induction kit on the one with the large intake over the radiator n cut it back so its a huge hole looks sh*t and also seems to get really dusty, so am I better off making a box to suit a pod filter or the rectangle filter? -
Who Is Running A Custom Made Cai?
Joey Thorne replied to Joey Thorne's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
did you notice a diffrence with the ower intake installed? -
I have been looking at a heap of diffrent CAI and there pretty $$$ for somthing I could make myself in my factory, so my question is , Is anyone running a custome made CAI and willing to give me some design tips?I was pretty much going to copy the ss growler just increase the size alittle bit more. Or am I just better off not being a tight ass and buying one? thanks
-
this is going to sound stupid, get onto pilates just started doing it with my gf its intence it hurts so good.... 102kg looking for 105kg
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
its very much me, haha I like to think I look smart and flashy in my hoodie, did I mention my ears are very warm?
-
far out I always wear a hoodie haha, now im paranoid !
-
I train 6 days a week, Monday to thursday is weights, I train heavy to fail with good form, if I can only do 5 reps I make sure there all perfect and the other days are cardio but very light work outs at that... dude you have the size to just shape out some good results, I found out the hard way that you can work out as much as you want but if your not doing it properly there is no point, buy the arnold schwarzenegger encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding. Its great, it teachs you a heap of tricks like after finshing a set flex and squeeze the muscle you have just worked to increase blood flow to the area which will make you grow better! also you can have too much protien so diet is improtian, inbox me if you wanna know more, I can only tell you what works for me mate. im also studying cert3 in person training at the aus fitness institute just for somthing to do, more than willing to help...
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
leave them black n if you want get the tyre white walled! I think that would be sweet.....
-
Im currently trying to think of an excuse to go for a drive to check the fuel consumption with out my gf getting mad! Fuel was shocking compared to my monaro "yes a Holden" but I have been thinking could it be possible that my car is running rough because I only just got it and I know the BOV was removed and returned to stock to get a road worthy n then switched back so could the computer be effecting this?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.