-
Posts
6,114 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Cro
-
I don't get how they can claim victory over Germany, especially talking about features and quality. German cars equipment lists far outweigh anything seen in an Aussie car, and are built using much better materials and practices.
-
Big Vic Weekend III will be on in September as well from what I'm told. Same weekend as the Sandown race.
-
Yeh moving over sea's in a pain in the arse... Helped my father inlaw pack 2 x 40 foot containers, and 2 x 40 foot skips. I can't believe how much junk a person can have, and what suprised me most..where did he fit all the crap Moving up the road is more of a pain though, you don't take that extra effort in boxing things up properly, cut corners, make things harder to carry, more things get damaged, and end up taking more trips...
-
aye! It was 100km/h thank you very much
-
I saw a "Australia - Love it or leave it" sticker on an old granny's car... Coolest old lady I've ever seen
-
Now c'mon PSIFRK, ya cant just say that and leave us all standing round like a spare p r I c k at a horneymoon..... More info needed.....AND WE MEAN NOW MISTER........ ← Sorry I can't say to much about the next model or it means my job but I'm telling you now it's different from the BA/BF MK1 and looks great real sporty but got class as well ← Is it going to fall apart like previous Falcons though?
-
I don't know, just an initial feel. We'll do some back to back tests with the 2 cars, when Joyce is not present. I do know that stopping 160kph to zero is unbelieable with the Alcons. ← As Envi-T's kidney's found out
-
I use Odyssey batteries which are much lighter than stock ~10kg vs 18kg, are completely sealed and deep cycle and can mounted upside down. Small but have plenty cranking power. Used 4 on 4 different cars and haven't had any troubles. ← Yup, Odyssey make great AGM's from what I hear. I haven't used one yet, I'm just passing on what I hear. Weight was one disadvantage, I guess they were wrong
-
Why not get an AGM sealed battery. Nothing can spill out of those, can be mounted in any position, they are for deep cycle AND starting purposes, last about 10 years, can fully discharge (100%) without killing it, and can recharge to 100% within a couple of hours. The only two disadvantages, they are heavier than lead acid or gell batteries, and more expensive. When you think about it though, 1 lead acid battery every 2 years over 10 years works out at around tripple the price of an AGM.
-
Cruise: Up The Old Highway And Back Down Putty Rd
Cro replied to Lord Cyric's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
Thanks very much Phil for a well organised day, great run, great people, and dickhead truckies... Thanks to Dal for letting me drive his baby over lunch, as you know I had blast See you all on the next one Southern Highlands Adventure (Click Me) -
Cruise: Up The Old Highway And Back Down Putty Rd
Cro replied to Lord Cyric's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
1 tank is do-able, 0.5 extra just in case. -
Peter Warren Smithfield were the best I found...
-
Yeah don't worry about them, cars fitted with Premium Brakes never had them from Factory anyway.
-
It's been at 3 and a half years since we've been on these roads. Originally organised by Trumpy and now modified by me This Cruise applies to all NSW/ACT members of this forum. Wollongong is easily accessable from Sydney, South Coast, Southern Highlands and Canberra. Where?NSW Southern Highlands When?Sunday 18th February 2007 Simple Plan Sunday *Everyone meet at North Wollongong Service Centre *Drive to Albion Park, Macquarie Pass, Robertson, Jambaroo Pass, Kiama, Berry, Kangaroo Valley, Bowral, Home. Here is a map of the area. The route is highlighted in Blue, and directions are on it in numerical order. Full Details *Meet at North Wollongong Service Centre @ 9am. The service centre is at the bottom of the Mt Ousley freeway, veer left on to Old Mt Ousley Road. The service centre is directly ahead. Cant miss it. There is an Ampol, Maccas, Chilis, Burger King etc. Lots of parking. *Depart Service centre @ 9:30AM, head back up Old Mt Ousley Road, and turn left onto the Princess Hwy. *Turn right at the round about sign posted Albion Park. *Turn right at traffic lights following signs to Robertson. *Enjoy the windy road known as Macquarie Pass. *Stop for morning tea at the Robertson Pie Shop. *Depart the pie shop 30 mins later, using the road to Jambaroo right across from the Pie shop. *Enjoy the windy road known as Jambaroo Pass. *Turn right towards Kiama at the T intersection. *Follow road into Kiama, turning onto the loop that will take us onto the Princess Hwy South Bound (we must stick close together as this part is tricky). *Follow Princess Hwy south through the town of Berry, and turn right onto Tourist Route 7 just before the fixed speed camera. *Enjoy the twisty route, and follow signs to Kangaroo Valley. There will be a veer right at some point, and a right turn at a T intersection. *Stop in the Kangaroo Valley car park, and proceed to the pub next door for some lunch. *1 hour later we will start off again, and hopefully we will be able to get a photoshoot happening as we cross the Hampden Bridge. *Turn right onto Piercsons Lane (towards Robertson) and right again onto the Illawarra Hwy. *Go past the pie shop, and take the first left at a 90 degree right hand corner. *Follow road into Bowral, making two right turns at seperate intervals (more info on the map *Stop in Bowral across from the Shell Servo, and say good bye. *Follow signs to Sydney. Fuel You will definately need a full tank of fuel, so make sure you are fueled up before the cruise meeting point. Shell Shell Optimax is available at: *Sydney *Wollongong *Bowral BP BP Ultimate is available at: *Sydney *Wollongong CALTEX Caltex Vortex 95 available at: *Sydney *Wollongong UHF CB & Mobile Phones In some area's of this cruise there are a lot of tight roads, with many turns. It would make life easier for everyone if you were in possession of a UHF CB Radio. That way everyone can stay in contact, the leader can relay information about cars, road hazzards and directions... Cheap CB's which will allow you to hear updates from the leader are available from any electronics store (I.e. Dick Smith) for under $40 each. Decent CB's which will enable you to communicate at least 2km's in either direction are available for around $160. If you need help with getting a CB, advice on which CB to get and which one not to get, etc.. Send me a PM WARNINGS The roads we are going on are very tight and windy. There are hazzards such as rocks, branches, etc.. lying on the road (why we ask you to have a CB) You have to consider all these circumstances before you decide if this cruise is for you. So who's in? Cro + 3 Turbo6man revheadrobbo Saleen Bcl Iconic Bionic loopism iTec DBOSS stealthxr Lord Cyric turbomuz SAMSXR6T Buf-Phoon ZAP_F6 Scruffman CN RED ford number 1 GreenXR6T Zaf + 3 Goobz Soft (maybe) list Rap1D FLASHXR phantom ute 4runner ms700
-
Just a little high, considering they had that much power at the flywheel...
-
I reckon go a standard GT wing, and remove the middle leg, basically it'll look like FlashXR's wing.
-
There is no way it could do Wakefield in 36.8, a Porsche GT3 does it in 1 min flat... I'm not sure what the best time for a stock XR6T is, my best was 1:17 and 1:16 with whiteline swaybars.
-
Cruise: Up The Old Highway And Back Down Putty Rd
Cro replied to Lord Cyric's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
Just pick one up from your local auto shop for $30... You won't be able to talk to anyone more than 100 meters away, but you will be able to hear whats going on from the cruise leader. It is a big boost in safety to know of a road hazzard before you hit it (I.e. massive pot hole, idiot driver driving on the wrong side, and in very tight 1.5 lane roads it's good to know when a car is coming towards you, you won't get lost either). Over the last 5 or so cruises I can't remember anyone not having a CB. -
The SS didn't feel that quick when I drove it, my T felt quicker when I got back in it. The HSV's though, now that's a different story. I drove a Senator the other week and damn this thing was quick.
-
Sensational act, dissapointed with the mosh pit though. A lot softer than Korn and FF.
-
bah..I've been to Fear Factory, Sepultura, Metallica, Korn I'm sure slayer can't be too much worse
-
At least you'll be close enough to easily get to the snowies run
-
I've never listened to Slayer, but from what my mates tell me if you can survive the slayer mosh pitt you can survive anything I'll be going
-
That bike produced more smoke than Rob ever did....
-
Cruise: Up The Old Highway And Back Down Putty Rd
Cro replied to Lord Cyric's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
Yeh, I can see long "conversations" with DBOSS
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.