Jump to content

Spinning

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Spinning

  1. I would hate to see what the wheel (fronts in particular) ,would look like over time , if I was to let the brake dust build up !! .. It isn't that easy a "wheel" to clean even just after a short drive (fronts in particular) - and with the 'red colour' through out the wheel - inside and out - and with those large Brembo front calipers - cleaning with a soft cloth isn't much fun .. I need to find a spray which is strong enough to attach itself to the dust and then with a gentle hosing , I would hope it will wash off without leaving a dark residual which then requires a soft cloth to wipe off . The front's of the wheel's(facing you) are ok to clean - but I find washing the inside of the wheel difficult (you 've got to clean that area of the wheel - period). The dark agents and or the original F6 alloy wheels , were never a problem - just wash the outside of the wheel (facing you) and you set to go .. However , these red wheels - with so much red on the inside of the wheel - you can see the brake dust and it makes them look dirty and old .. So you 've no choice but to clean the inside of the wheel Any help , would be very much appreciated .
  2. I 've had the joy of taking the 'batmobile' for a long drive yet !! - The longest run was the recent All Ford Day last month - that was a blast with the young fella in tow - we were grinning like two little school girls on their first date !! . I been enjoying the ride , when I can , and although the runs 've been short - you have got to love the ride and that exhaust note ...!!! :sungum: . It has been as much a pleasure driving 'captain slow' as it has been under acceleration .. The car feels so 'fat' on the road !!! Must say thou- those red wheels don't much like the brake dust !!! It has been a real pain to keep them clean - oh well !!!
  3. Agree - How is the size of those 'pinic tables' off the back ??? Any larger and I am sure they will get lift !! .. I too , more so this year than others, am looking forward to this year championship round ..
  4. Gary - logged on to 'You Tube' and took the opportunity to look at the various video's taken at the different events .. Must say ' they all convey a sense of fun that was had by all' - Well done !! :sungum:
  5. Gary - nice job with the video .. :sungum:
  6. Got home - (let the young fella drive it once , we got off the freeway - no fun driving it on the freeway !!) :sungum: , the car looked like it been in a CSI movie - covered from head to toe in dusk and finger prints all over it .. Not sure what everyone was keen to find inside ??? Thank you again - for looking after a newbie and making both my son and I feel as part of the greater team... I look forward to another outling and very much look forward to turning up to the next 'drag' day - and seeing the 'guys' put their charges through the 1/4 mile .. It is all very well to talk rwkw at the wheel - put you can get a feel / sense of it unless you either sit in it or watch it on comparison to another known mark - then I guess the only other variable is driver .. Congratuations on a well organised and fun and friendly event .. and yes I did enjoy the pic's of the old girl
  7. Many thanks Gary - and a special thanks to all for making a newbie welcomed . Great day !! Look forward to the next outing .
  8. Sorry no J@SNOT... I ve only played with NOS... I understood the if you were to use E85 , you needed to run a specific fuel system - as the standard systems / lines were not designed for high RON ethanol's.. Interesting you would imagine the bigger bang by using E85 comes from the fact that it's RON rating must be better 98 RON , yet there some literature which suggests that it only has a RON of just better than 94. I guess Mark and the rest of the crew know first hand that it must have a RON of better than 98 - how else could you explain the extra 30-40rwkw ??? What is C16? - is it what we used to call and play with - AVGAS ??? We used it at the drags !!! Rotary on AVGAS or V8 LJ with NOS and AVGAS - made a mess of things ... Years ago - you learned by trail and error - no forum help available to us newbie then. Hahahah Thanks Bomber !! Mark - Mickey T's - sounds like you're are going to take the car down the strip ? . What improve in time will you expect from your 98 tune ? It's funny how , today , lads are happy to take their daily drive to the drags ... Yet years ago , we all had a cruise car, touring the strip, and in our garage a purpose built drag car - fully sic - 2 sp power glide, with some stupid 4000 rpm stall converter. I wish I had the balls to do it with my car... I am , as was then, too afraid to wreck my joy!!
  9. Hello, firstly congratulations on the mod ... Over the years there has been a number of articles which discuss the pro's and con's of ethanol fuel over unleaded fuel .. I know it is only early days with e85 , but I can recall that any saving at the pump is later loss - due to the increase burn rate of 20-40% over higher RON unleaded fuels.. What have you found? So , I still do not understand why the shift to ethanol fuel over higher RON unleaded fuels ? (Sorry, that it's a question directed at you, it's a question to us all) It would be great if someone could explain the advantages of ethanol over higher RON fuels ... Further I understood that Caltrex along with United were going to commit to ethanol at their pumps moving forward . Again congratulations !!!!!
  10. As I meeting up at Macca's at Altona .. I will come down the Eastern , through the city , and get on the Westgate just after the tunnel via Power St :sungum:
  11. Yes .. the exact same weekend
  12. One of my friends has been a Golf GTi owner for many years - having come across from the Peugeot 206 GTi ... He now believes now having own the Golf R for just under 12mths - that he being selling the Golf R for the proposed Citroen DS4R - reported 191kw out of a 1.6 - turbo / forced four. I tried for many years to understand the small engine forced four - and recently demo a Subaru WRX R , back to back with a Golf R and Megane RS , and although you can not deny that they re fun to drive in traffic , and in a spirited mode, I just hate that unless you re on the gas - they re pretty much sterile ... Agree - we all sort something different from our cars - and I guess that is what makes us so fascinating!!! For now I am glad - so glad I got what I love - and I am sure that will be true of you once you decide on your next steer.. Happy shopping
  13. Congratulations - it seems that it doesn't matter whether it's Winter White , Silhouette , Blue or in the Vixen , the car stance is so 'stronger' regardless of colour .. I 've stated earlier , I had not been a fan of the silhouette , and was very much keen on landing a Winter White ... Especially when you look at some of the GE6 or F6 on the forum in the Winter White - you must agree that the Winter White is the new black .. However, having owns the car now, and spending some time with it - I am not disappointed at all of my purchase ... Interesting , they 're two (2) RSpec in my area in the silhouette , which I have not yet seen , but my family have ... which was the very reason my family pushed for the silhouette ahead of the Winter White . .... Well the other day , I saw a RSpec in the silhouette on the road , and after picking up my jaw up from the floor , I couldnt believe how hot the silhouette looked on the road - more so that stationary in the garage .. As far as tuning, alter the ride height , I have yet to do anything .. I guess because of the fear of voiding the warranty !!! . I would very love to be in a position to be able to own a second car - and going absolutely stupid , with mod's , ride height , and getting 600+rwkw - wahoo !!! . I keep dreaming ... Come George - many once my lucky no's come up - it's something I would do without hesitation . I loved the F6 , but I can't stop smiling , thinking that I back in a GT, and with the performance and note to match , life in a GT cann't get any better .... Fingers crossed !!!! Touch Wood !!!!! Love to hear from the other RSpec owners - where they 're at and how they feel about their car - now months down the track
  14. I am in Melbourne - and as discussed above , I too , had met many brick walls in my endeavour to land the Castrol Edge Professional 5W- 20 .. I ended up calling Castrol direct and after pleading my case - they place me in touch with a outlet - on talking to the outlet they confirmed that they did not stock the oil , however , they would make a few calls and call me back .. They did , and I place my order , paid over the phone and in a few days - got the call to pick up the oil .. I paid $250 + GST for the 20litres . I understand that Castrol are in the process of changing the name of the oil to "Professional" - so I would suggest that you obtain the product no from Castrol and ring their recommended dealer - it is usually a high volume / excellent customer service outlet - and I sure you will land the oil as I did !!
  15. I understand that the Domain Tunnel will be closed for maintenance from Sat 9pm to Sun 9am ..
  16. Very nice !! - Excellent font and pictures .. Shame you 're not in Melb - I could use a good tiler to do a 'spa room'
  17. See you at Macca's at 7.00am :sungum:
  18. Pretty much grew up with the Falcon XW / XY - uncles all had the Falcon's XW / XY and a GT XR .. My very first car was a mock' up Falcon 500 - GT ... through my teens it was always Falcon , however , as the age of hotting up cars grew momentum - I moved across to the dark side with the Torana LJ - 308 , LJ XU1, and through the Monaro's and Torana A9X ... In those days - pretty much all weekend was spend - driving from one performance shop to another looking for parts , blocks, distributors, carb's , cams , etc . After getting married , I sold all my toys - bikes included , and brought a car just to get around .. Then after , getting a work car , I got back to racing bikes ...but was always missing playing with cars .. so , has often the case , I had a car in the garage in bits , one outside , not quite right , and my work car .. Like mentioned above , I have all sorts of cars from a Morris - Porcshe 930 - and alot of Holdens and Falcons.. but I must say - nothing has brought a smile on my face more than the GT - whether it is a XR, XW/XY , or FG - they still warm my heart from a emotional view point ... however , the ease and power of the turbo six - isn't to be dismissed . A interesting thread - on the back of what car you have own - would be , what car has brought you the most joy ??? For me - emotionally - XW GT Phase 1 - Diamond White , driving - Porsche 930 Turbo Red with white leather
  19. Careful - Old does not mean -'Slow'... !!
  20. Yes - you are right - the family car is doomed across all factories .. Expensive Daewoo stated that their new VF - will cease by 2016 .
  21. Paid Mon by EFT as requested . Confirming cruise and parking - no judging thanks
  22. Stainless - not this year !!!
  23. Pumped about Cotchin as our new captain - bvut then again - pumped each year from since when !! Gaa Tigers !!
×
×
  • Create New...