Jump to content

Spinning

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Spinning

  1. Good Morning .. thanks for all your support .. I headed down to the dealer yesterday ... Sat around waiting to meet up with the salesperson (was offered a great coffee!) and then it was down to business .. Headed downstairs and was very happy to find the car sitting in their garage(not outside on the lot ) - the car was fine - 37k's on the clock , and not a mark to be seen !!! . I must admit - 'those red wheels' no longer scare me .. and I must say - they 're no longer offensive as they had been so many months ago when I first saw them ( what esle can I say now !!! hahah ) Over the years , I have been so accustomed to the red brembo's.. I must say that the black brembo's with white insignature - doesn't seem to 've the same whow factor as in the red ?? I wonder whether FPV should n't have kept the red brembo' in this instance and had the wheels in black instead of the red ? Don't know !! .. I guess like the red wheels - I will expect that the black brembo' will grow on me .. Red brembo's , as the yellow Harrod calipers make a statement - not sure in this instance - the black brembo follow ! I was told that the car will be checked for delivery , and I should be able to pick up the car this Sat - including my custom plates - GTR5PEC !! Wahooo!!! The salesperson has offered to pick me up from home and take me in Sat morning for the delivery..(Nice !!) The car was sourced from NSW(Originally , I had hoped to secure the White White with the same package - but the interstate(SA) dealer would not release the car) , however , the deal was struck with the Vic dealer NewOakFord - Ferntree Gully Rd Oakleigh.. Credit must be given when it is due - I've first demo the GT at this dealer(VIc) July 2012 - after being persuaded to take the dealer principal GT (White White) .. this was after the dealer principal and I were having a laugh over our past experience with the XW/XY GT ..and he had stated that I should take the new FG GT for a spin as he was keen to hear my thoughts ... I had been at the dealer to strike a deal on a new F6 - and stated , I really wasn't interested in the GT - as my earlier experience 's with the 5.4 Lt were not memorable .. and I vowed after owing the F6 I would never return back to the V8 . Well - I must have looked like a prize pigeon after stepping out of the GT following the demo - I must 've had a grin from one ear to the other - and it was so wide - my neck was hurting !!!! Following that demo - I told the dealer - I would be selling my F6 and be back to purchase the GT335 . Six or so months later and true to my word - the GT335 was ordered !! :sungum:
  2. I 've almost wet my pants this morning !! - The dealer called to confirm that the car has arrived from interstate .. I off to view the car in the morning to ensure that the travel has not damaged the car - Fingers Crossed ...........Wahooooooooooooooo! :sungum:
  3. I can comment based on my own experience ... As some years ago - I was faced with the same decision . I elected to purchase the F6 . In short the reason, where the personal reasons, raccoon/panda eyes, brembo brakes, 19' wheels, and larger intercooler visible through the front lower bar... Although both cars, run the Garrett GT3540 turbo, the F6 runs bigger intake and exhaust manifolds and as stated intercooler . In my opinion 'stock' the F6 looks more aggressive, and felt on boost... If you going to start with either car, and then tip money to achieve better than 400rwkw, then you may want to start with a XR 6 , however, if you shop hard you can still find brand new F6 2011 for around low $50's ... I have lost pace with what a new XR 6 Turbo are going for, let's say for decision the F6 cost you the extra $10k, in mu opinion it would be a better pay , and you get a better result at the other end when you decide to sell it ..
  4. Ford's maniacal Focus RS, it's effing brilliant!!!! Parked up, it looks like a deranged animal better position in South Africa , or at home, looking like it's wants to eat the children ! Hahaha.. On the road, it'll carve up just about any car - delivering around 225kw @ 6500 rpm, with a power to weight ratio of 150kw/tonne. The only drawback for me was - you 're constantly on it ..... But I guess you 're got to expect that from a 2.5lt - with torque delivered between 2300 - 4500 rpm.. I can recall In 2010 , if the dealer would allow you sit it , you could take one home for around $60k, (no demo drive was allowed) , and recently I saw that they've been offered by sellers on carsales for high $40's - low $50's .. If the family can drive a manual , I would happy recommend that you pay the extra $20k over a LV XR5 - as I believe the car will depreciate at a slow rate than that of the LV XR5 - just ensure you keep a eye on the kids!! LOL
  5. Bingo !!! Scored !!! GTR5PC - custom plates ... Black Tuxedo back ground with white reflective font - standard size !!! :sungum:
  6. I liked GT 335 on FPV plates .. but I am now starting to think I should be a little more creative - love the idea of 'BATMAN' . The car isn't too far removed from looking like the Bat car !!! hahahah
  7. Good Morning The dealership asked me whether I was going to register the GT with my own 'custom plates?' . Well , I had not thought much about the idea , until I was asked .. Are they a thing of the past ?. Are they in your face ? In the eighties , everyone , was getting custom plates for their unquie car - however , I am not sure , whether it still remains acceptable . I will be pleased to hear your thoughts and feedback
  8. I ve not been told what 'no' the car is , as the interstate dealer would not release the car and details until they get paid . The car is definitely a auto ... I asked a few times , in the hope that they may have made a mistake and in fact found it to be a manual . I would 've taken the car in either manual or auto... However, I had not driven the manual in either the F6 or GT335 , but have driven the auto several times and having come from a manual F6 - found the auto a lot of fun as it gives you that more time to smile whilst you listen to the bi modal exhaust and whistle from the supercharger... I saw the black in about August and very much hated it !!!!! and have been a fan of either the Winter White or Vixen Red... However, as my concerns grew over the direction FPV would be now taking in 2013 and in the future, I 've come to like the black ...that is once I saw one driven on the road in the Yarra Ranges - from that point, I told myself , if I could n't get the White White I could live with the black and so it's been a slow conditioning !!!! If you will . I guess , when you see the black and those wheels you can not mistake it for anything other than a RSpec ... And that has got to speak volumes for the car - you will definitely know it's a RSpec !!! Hahaha
  9. Hello Concerned about the direction FPV , now that they 've moved away from their home in Campbellfield , I decided to take possession of a FPV held in stock .. With not a great selection available in GT and those whom held GT-P asking $80+ , I decided today to place a deposit on a Black RSpec with SatNav and Premium Brakes .... The car is coming from interstate( I wanted the car to be equipped with SatNav and the dealer sourced the car with both SatNav and Premium Brakes from an interstate dealer) and should be here , if all goes well, by the end of the month !!!!!! Wahooooooooo!!!!
  10. Is life with the 'hero' colour getting any easier ? . I must agree , the Winter White and Vixen are easier to the eye - however , the more I step around the car in the 'hero' colour the more it grows on you. Over the weekend , a dealer has both the Winter White without SatNav and the 'hero' with SatNav .. I want the Winter White - but also keen on the car having SatNav . So what is more important colour or SatNav as a option ?
  11. Shopping on line for Christmas presents - takes longer when you are considering all the things - you would like to purchase for yourself hahah - Merry Christmas to you all and have a Happy New Year 2013
  12. Very nice !!
  13. In the past . I have really enjoyed having a 'factory sunroof' - however , I have always been relucant to have one fitted - unless from factory .. you hear all sorts of horror stories with leaking , electronic failure , tears/torn head liners ..etc . Further , my understanding has always been , with a factory roof , the roof of the car, has additional bracing to allow the application of the sunroof , and if a roof is fitted to a car outside 'factory' there is insufficient bracing and the sun roof causes a hot spot and will cause it to move overtime . Not sure how true this is ??? - Does anyone else have any reservations about fitting a sunroof , other than from 'factory' ?
  14. HSV new V8 from Chevrolet , will see it deliver 335kw and 610 Nm shove from its 6.2 litre LS3 large capacity natural aspirated engine due late 2013
  15. How important is the move from Falcon's rear wheel drive to the Taurus front or all wheel drive? Not so much, now that Ford has confirmed the next generation Mustang - due in 2014 , 50 years after the original - is to built in right hand drive. Ford wont officially confirm local availability of the new pony car. Insider though, say, it's a certainty to hit local showrooms , probably in late 2015. Even if , at this stage , word is the RHD cars will be turbo- fours or V6 and not V8 needed to satisfy Aust demand for high performance versions. It is said that the V6 , will be a 3.7-liter, making 227kw for a respectable 13.9 second standing 400 meter pass. Respectable, if not close to the current monster 485kw Shelby Mustang. Two door or not, it's the new Mustang - finally with standard independent rear suspension - that Ford sees appealing to many traditional Falcon XR6 buyers!!!! Why not build both - V6 for the masses and the 485kw for all of us !! Done!! Make it happen Ford ....
  16. Spinning

    My Gt 335

    Was it difficult to choose the Winter White over ?
  17. Agree - love the strong look of both the Maloo and GTS - but can not stand the busy front end ( I think its a bonnet air intakes that I can not stomach)
  18. Spinning

    Need Help

    The title is appropriate !! 'In Need of Help!'..........Over the weekend , I tripped over a Brand new BF Mk II Cobra RSpec .. The gentleman stated he brought the car as a investment and was now keen to cash in .. He stated , he has had the car on blocks , covered and has been for sale from the day he brought it at a asking price of $120,000 - and stated in the following breath that he would consider offers of $60k+ .. Without being 'rude and offensive' to current owners of BF Cobra 's .. I was thinking that the car would be a good deal and not a steal at $40's - considering you can purchase a BF GT-P from mid $20's and with the current crop of GT 335 asking mid $60's , and the RSpec at high $70's .. I can not see the Cobra getting close to $60's . Is my estimate of the car value incorrect ? - Is it a $60k car? . Should it be considered ? If so, at what price ? Your thoughts and comments would be very welcomed :dwarf:
  19. Is it fair to say - that once you are at 400rwkw+ - you are no longer have a open the door and turn the key vehicle - but I vehicle that constantly needs to be babied ?? Is this a fair comment ??
  20. I swear I thought the car was going to break free from it's straps.. Bravo !!! . I gotta have one - Done !!!
  21. Just when I thought - this immaculate F6 couldn't get any better / sexier ! - Bang ! Harrod Yellow 6/4 Ultimates !! When will the excitement end ? This is a true pin up car for Ford XR6 !!! Bravo !
  22. I know it has been said before and again echo my the Panda - but I agree - this is one 'car' you just want !! Clearly - I alot of thought , love and know how , has gone into the development - I feel very grateful that I've allowed , to some small extend to come along for the ride during the mod period and have been privy to the issues and resolutions - Bravo !! Look forward to reading more !!
  23. I did , - I couldn't believe he thought I would but the homeless guy up to it - Ass hole !!!
  24. Sorry Paulie - I trying to convey a long story , the best way I can - whilst at work - I am sure , you get the message - happiness can be found in the most unexpected places !
  25. You find happiness in the funniest and unexpected places and for that , I thought given this opportunity I would share a little short story from last night . For many years I been employed as a bottleshop attendant (so as to fund my toys- you known!!) , and over the years , I 've met many strange people all with a story to tell .. Well, last night , this gentleman (regular) (homeless ) whom I 've served earlier in the evening (purchased his regular bottle of dry sherry) , came back into the store and demand a meeting with the duty manager and or principal of the establishment . The shop was full , and I drag myself away and asked whether I could help him, 'he stated , he wanted to make a report to the principal's of the established concerning a observation he had made over the years and wanted urgently to let them know ..I asked the bar staff to take him to the managers office on duty .. At the close of my shift - I was provided a copy of the letter / notice that the person had wanted so urgently provided to the manager - it basically read in short - how he had been moved after all these years to have witness me providing him the courtesy , respect not found elsehwhere and further added that he at witnessed me over the years , head down and bum up doing my work whilst others stood there chatting amongst themselves - without regard to the customers needs ' I nearly fell over , so was the manager and pressed me hard as to whether I put the homeless guy up to it ?hahah So - there you have .............what made me feel good !!! :sungum:
×
×
  • Create New...