Spinning
Legacy Donating Member-
Posts
348 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Spinning
-
Thanks heaps Panda !!!!!
-
Can I ask to have my comments removed .. I feel sick to have said what I said , given the sad nature of the incident and not knowing the facts ..
-
Panda is right - it was wrong for me to say what I did ... Sorry !!! .. However , I have dealt with dealership on so many occassions - and its funny , when I first saw the blog , my heart sank for the poor b**stard , and then I saw the blog author and my heart sank further - thinking it was the electric orange - but I a read further and saw it was a white - no stripes - I laughed thinking it was a joke , as that was the principle'a car - GT-E - normally in view , but usually parked - with no access to get out until the end of day . Sorry .........it's my job to be suspicious - so I thought I would put it out there ... Again - apologies for allowing me the license to state what I thought was fishy !!
-
Not to cast any dispursions , and I say this without malice and or prejudice .. but here goes ...........the dealer principal has had a GT-E for yorks and is it possible that after failing to sell it , they 've elect to have it stolen ??? Please ...........if anyone has been to the Ringwood dealership - to get them to open the door to a F6 and or GT - is a miracle - to get the keys to fly away - doubt it !!
-
Agree with SteveR ..........we all know from our earlier experimental years - improcve one area and break another , fix that area and then break another , and you felt like you were in a spin , and ended right back where you started .. Earlier Ford/FPV stated , what was holding them back, wasnt so much the ZF........but chassis, body, rear end and cooling . So I would have to agree with SteveR , they could have easily dropped in a better box , but that would have meant a redesign of many other componets and body .. I 've no idea - I confess - but with a reported $40m (wasnt it??) , you would have though they could have delivered a mere 350 RSpec - ball breakers to stand proud and above the pack !!
-
Is the suspension set up stock ? What set up are you using?
-
Saw some rims wrapped in transfers at the All Ford day last year.. Looked good . I thought I would see more of it since , in particularin a carbon look
-
Do you think that those who have purchased the RSpec and GT , will endeavor to move them on to get into a GT-F? ...What are the chances that Ford will drop another final run before the doors are finally closed ? . Some say there will not be another run as Ford will close the doors to production early and we may not even see the XR8 in 335 dress ? Your thoughts
-
I love the F6 - but more drivable ??? The great things about both the F6 as well as the 335 supercharged eight , they re both easy to drive slow , except with the charged eight , it whispers to you ... It's that whisper that puts a smile on your face , and it continually tries and persuade you to hurry it up ... Whilst driving the 335 , very much different to the F6 , you just smile , roll down the drivers window down , turn the volume down and listen to the bi modal symphony move through their scales .. I love both cars , but I must say , the whisper ans symphony of the charged eight makes me smile more and has my vote - just though ... Especially at lower speeds .
-
Some articles indicate that the GT - F was only a result of a hand full of enthusiastic staff - spilled over from FPV , whom were able to resurrect some parts . They had endeavoured to get Ford to buy into the development of a final big banger - but Ford had refused citing no money ! Essentially that is why we have a RSpec in a different badge ... Very Sad !!
-
This morning news stated 'Ford Dealers are saying that all the 500 GT-F have been sold , and they still have orders to fill (I am not sure I beleive that )'. Dealers 've said that the mix of manual versus automatic transmissions was wrong ! . It is understood that 62% automatic and 38% manual are to be delivered . However Ford , have replied stating over the life of Falcon GT - manaul transmission account for only 26 % of sales ..
-
New Xr6 Lover Looking For Some Advice
Spinning replied to iBilateral's topic in General Automotive Talk
That's an important point - however , insurance doesn't seem to high on the list of boxes requiring ticking for many young drivers - understandable . That said , it's true Turbo Cars are experience to insure compared to say the GT - Much like a Nissan Patrol requires shares in a Gina Rinehart Roy Hill Iron Ore Project to insure compared to other popular 4WD's ...Insurers have worked out drivers + turbo = claim , so they hit you hard - younger driver , the hit is harder . -
FPV's Final Fast Falcon - 351 Reborn ... Wheels May 2014 , stated FPV and Ford bean counters were still worried about the durability of the differential , as well as body strength , and calculated that warranty claims could hit the bottom line hard . So , in short , the final GT-F ( F for final ) is a basically a RSpec GT (except the F will have Brembo 6/4 kit , and Sat Nav as standard ) with some minor changes to the software to deliver the 351kw ... The pictures in the magazine , was a cross between a GT-P 335 and GT 5.4 with raccoon eyes.. It's a shame , Ford didn't deliver a limited small batch edition delivering 450kw , with Sunroof , GT-P , and 20' in Wheelset , but then again if they had , I would be forced to stand in line with the respect of the punters ... Vanity is a ugly disease !!!
-
Looks - Hot !!! . Practical - Not !!!! Best of luck with your wheels next best friend - Mr Cutter .
-
I might just do that ...
-
Get home today and received a text from a friend asking me if I wanted to sell the batmobile? I curiosity asked why? He said with a grin ' have you seen the new penalties for driving under the influences of alcohol and drugs ? ' As my heart sunk , I said No!!!! Rushed home and checked the Web, and on first offence the penalty would be a lost of license for 12mths and $4000 fine and a second offence carrying a fine of $40,000!!! I am afraid that these sort of penalties will be transposed to those caught speeding , and fined for other infractions . My day in court is next week and I am afraid !!!
-
New Xr6 Lover Looking For Some Advice
Spinning replied to iBilateral's topic in General Automotive Talk
Pay mid $30's for 2011 F6 (say with 50k's ) . Although you won't have any choice on colour and or trans ... and yes as stated above a 2008/9 with similar k's can be sort with low $30's ... Try a bid harder with then 2011 seller and pick up a nicer interior . -
Have a soft spot for the yellow ... Years ago had a Bathhurst A9X ... Some might say that the FG is a better car , (well I agree) , but for the money you pay , you get a lot of car in the BF , and I still think they still look very much now , rather than old and yesterday . Agree with Prixy , its has a few k's . So I hope you tread softy ,softy with your new mods , as I am sure you will - be guided by people in the know , andni am sure you will have a ball with a great looking Phoon. Congratulation
-
New Xr6 Lover Looking For Some Advice
Spinning replied to iBilateral's topic in General Automotive Talk
As a rule(generally) - price will tell you / dictate , how hard you should be looking at the finer things , the things not so obvious at first glance (mods, history, repairs ,bodywork , etc) Generally , I 've found , when buying second hand , it is best to do your homework on the web , establish , what it is you are after - price , colour , k's , condition , and then establish a short list ..........View / drive the cars , speak to the owners , and then from their , ask the right questions .. It is important , whether , you are choosing to buy a mod and or standard stock car - that you buy right , and failing to do so, may result in you bleeding additional funds to get to where you should 've been from the start . My preference , would be to hurt down a low k's , standard car , which has been maintained . and loved !!! -
Race Brakes 've a deal on now for the 6/4 black kits - but hurry
-
I would get the OEM Black Brembo 6/4 kit ...........$2k change over once you have sold your 4/1 is a great deal
-
My understanding is that suppliers have had a 'special' on the **black** 6/4 kit and have been asking around $5200(Harrop supply a 6/4 with larger rotors for over $7500) .It is understood that the rec' retail is closer to $6200 with the standard 4/1 kits generally being offered for around $2800 - $3000 . If you can get them to supply the 6/4 for around low $4's ,I am sure you can sell your kit for around $1800 - $2300
-
Kum Ba Yah - May god help stripes in his hour of need .. hahaha
-
I know I am stating the obvious - 'but, I went back and looked at the 'before' shot and agree , for all the right reasons , that the pain caused by your actions has been well worth it '... if Aaroon and Ralph will allow - you can now move on !! Bravo ! +1 - Stripes No Taxi here - Only one good looking GT
-
I guess I will continue to use the GPS to alert me to fixed mounted speed camera , and when I am over the road speed limit. I don't use any devise , GPS or otherwise in the sh**tter , as it takes forever to get a head of speed, and if I was ever distracted , I would be pinched for being just over ... It was really the bike and bat mobile that I was seeking assistance , as any lapse , and you have well and truly over and today with the way hoon law are going , it's costly and the penalty some what unfair and in most cases the penalty (in my opinion) does no way fit the crime . It's disappointing , I had thought for a moment , that a discovered a new product that made driving enjoyable , rather than rubber necking any bush, parallel parked car , and watching any crossover , in conjunction with markings on lane on the freeways for mounted cameras
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.