Jump to content

notol

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    209
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by notol

  1. Happy Birthday notol!

  2. TLDR !!! haha I'm with RHR though. I'm waiting to see exactly what the FG2 will bring to the table looks and feature wise before I upgrade again. Hopefully it'll be all that and more and I'll have my ass in one by the end of the year...if they even release it this year that is. New GT is sooo tempting right now though. I guess it depends how long you can wait as to the direction you go. In saying that, there is definitely nothing wrong with the current GT either, so tough choice mate. Best of luck deciding!
  3. Ahh...I hope no one is still chasing any of the RDA 322mm Gold passivated rotors over the last month or so...It seems I picked up the last two in existence. I was initially told by multiple suppliers that there were none left in Australia and it would be at least 2 months before they received the next shipment the set I got were supposedly lost in the system somewhere and luckily my spare parts mate happened across em. To that end, they tried to hit me with $70 extra in freight because they were in Sydney and not Brisbane!!!!! To the guys looking at the QFM A1RM pads, I was for a long time assuming the pads were creating the immense amount of dust I was seeing. Judging by the looks of my old RDA Rotor, I think it was a pretty even mix between pad and rotor dust... So if you're chasing a pad and rotor combo with no dust, definitely don't go down that route. However, if you want to stop in a damn hurry (like causing your passenger to headbutt the dash hurry - seat belt apparently didn't lock?!!...) they most certainly will provide ample for you in that department. I'll let ya's know how the HPX RDA combo works out with noise, stopping power and dust. Have a good one guys and girls! Cam
  4. notol

    Need Help

    I'm in the same situation mate. After stewing on the same issue for a while, I'm leaning toward the GT myself. I figure you would more then likely make the majority of that $$ difference back just purely on the resale...I could be wrong though?? Not only that, as you said you get the Brembo's which would make up a big chunk of that price difference. Premium audio (for the colour screen - Should be standard!!) The better body Kit Not sure if the suspension is the same between the two though? Not to mention the fact that it is a GT! I guess, if you weren't going to spend anymore than the couple upgrades you mentioned, and you can put up with the car looking like a standard FG XR6, the GS is the way to go. Also, I wonder how much longer we will have to wait for the new series to be released? I mean, you may be able to pick up a GT for a bit cheaper then?
  5. He's probably still out driving! Can't say I blame him either. Nice ride mate, congrats! I've been stewing on getting myself one the last few months... all this talk about the Series 2 machines has put it on hold though. Any ideas when the series II will be released? Cheers
  6. Yeah, but what can you do I've been looking around for a cat back system that'll bolt up to the stock dump and cat, which I can then later upgrade to the full system and get the rest of the gear thrown on with a tune in one hit. Still haven't found many, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers
  7. I had the Center muffler removed from the FG last weekend as well. The note it makes upon starting like has been said is quite raspy and at WOT is pretty damn good too. But I don't really like the note when I'm just cruising around town or accelerating lightly etc. Sort of has the sound of an N/A falcon or Late model camira that has an exhaust you can fit your head up... Maybe if it was a manual it would be better. See how it goes after a few weeks of carbon build up though. There's no drone that I can detect as others have also mentioned either.
  8. Hey mate. I'm not sure which pads would be the perfect match, but I myself have RDA Gold Passivated Rotors with QFM A1RM pads. However, the pads after around 30,000kms, have worn about 3-4mm off the rotor, which I was kind of expecting due to their specs and how well they performed. Machining them will pretty much remove the dimples and slots they have, so I will just replace them. No track work, just spirited driving I am going to replace and downgrade the pads to QFM HPX pads in the next month (They are equivalent to Bendix Ultimate's)which should hopefully give me a bit better life from the RDA's albeit with less braking power... So yeah, for braking performance I would without a doubt recommend the QFM A1RM's (Awesome awesome braking power) but I would suspect the HPX pads would be better suited for an overall compromise between longevity, performance and price, for the both of us. I'm sure there are other people on here with a better idea about what to pair them up with, but from the research and talks I've had with the RDA guys, they should match pretty good. Let us know what you end up going with and your opinion of them after a bit of use. Take it easy fella.
  9. '01 Suzuki GSX-R 750. Been sitting there unused mostly for the last year. Need to sell it to do more mods to the car!
  10. There's more head in that bottle then my ex gave me in 6 months! There's no way he's drinkin that...surely
  11. Hell yea mate. Looking the goods. Is it at all droney with that exhaust?
  12. I'm always up for a run up that way. I'm sure a couple the others would go as well.
  13. Nice Nashy! So when can I come for a run in it?!! lol
  14. :gunsfiring: Awesome dude! I think Scotty can't wait to sit his rear in this thing either, I know I'll put my hand up!
  15. Hells yea mate! Be ready for the show for sure. Keep positive!
  16. I've just upgraded my FG to RDA gold passivated (slotted and dimpled) rotors and matched them with QFM A1RM pads - a lot better then stock without a doubt. A1RM specs: Cold Friction = 0.40 - High Friction = 0.48 - Temperature = 0-780 No squealing under any braking, not an overly abundant amount of brake dust either (after rotors and pads have bedded) and extremely good braking performance over the standards. You can't go wrong with the DBA's either though. Really good rotor for the price. Best bet is to ring them and get their opinion on which pads mate.
  17. lol. think I might have to make a call to the insurance mob and get my yearly free windscreen though. about 5 chips in it now so probably time. You guys gonna clean the things up there, or at home and touch it up once in cairns?
  18. Alright alright, I get the hint!! Guess I'm in as well then. No dissin the poser though ok?!! lol
  19. Yeah, might need some alternate drivers. see how it pans out. Still thinking about whether or not I'll put my car in the show. Either way, I'll be there to say g'day and help out if anyone needs.
  20. no worries mate. It's actually a really simple calculation...don't have the faintest idea what I was thinking the first time... maybe it's time to give up the drink... ... ...nah stuff that! lol
  21. Hope it all goes alright for ya nashy, you're kinda being my guinea pig atm...lol Bit worried how the exhaust goes without the turbo mods, keep some extra dosh on the side just in case (not trying to jinx ya or anything). Just seen a lot of talk about the nizpro being a handful to hold boost down to a safe level, but hopefully they're on top of it for ya. Either way mate, keep us updated on the progress - looking forward to seeing what figures the blue beast comes back with!
  22. ahh, sorry for leading you astray mate. I must be on drugs... What should be done is this: Litres used divided by km's done multiplied by 100 to get the value per 100km's You need a full tank initially for it to work. So for example, say you just done 500km's and put 50L of fuel in to fill it back up. (50/500)*100 = 10L/100km's - So that's an average of 10L per 100km's traveled. So with my car, I'm getting about 550km's from 58L (58/550)*100 = 10.54L/100km's Sorry bout the mistake on my behalf, dunno what I was thinking...
  23. Yea mate, sounds like a good idea, been a while since I've been up to the beaches. What do you other lot reckon? Guess a lot will depend on if and how many "beverages" have been consumed during the day...
  24. I'll put my hand up for the rocker cover re-spray too XAH03!! Start naming your price I think! Hopefully everything comes together before the event for ya mate.
  25. Dude, it's completely unacceptable IMO. I praise you for being so calm this long, I would have ripped shreds from them if it wasn't right the second time. Maybe you're just a bit too easy on them. The quiet kid in the corner never demands any respect, time to tell them enough is enough.
×
×
  • Create New...