AMoffat
Member-
Posts
744 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by AMoffat
-
Coffs Harbour Cruise 2005 17th-20th June
AMoffat replied to Lumpen's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
My weekend in Brisbane is looking like starting on Saturday - so are you guys/girls still meeting at the Sebel for diner on Friday night? What time as I live round the corner. -
Coffs Harbour Cruise 2005 17th-20th June
AMoffat replied to Lumpen's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
Unfortunately I'm going to Brisbane on that weekend to watch the Tigers beat the Broncos... -
Coffs Harbour Cruise 2005 17th-20th June
AMoffat replied to Lumpen's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
Me as well but probably on my own... -
Yeah it reminds me of my first car - a Morris 850 - it had the same set up only the button was between the seats, I hid it under some carpet off cuts to thief proof the vehicle. As if anyone would steal it - 0 to 60 miles per hour in the time it takes to grow up - find a girl - reproduce and die.
-
As a local Coffs person you can count me in. Whoever put the road trips together knew what they are doing - all good roads with plenty of variety.
-
Mine has done 50K now- two weekends ago we drove from Coffs to Sydney then return (the car has done this quite a bit) the overall average was 11.2 l/100 klms (includes the inner city bits as we stayed with friends in Alexandria) the highway at 110 we averaged 9.4 l/100 klms. Auto with aircon on. Down on one tank, plus running around in Sydney - filled up on the Pacific Highway in Chatswood then went home on that tank. Car was run in by flexing the muscle but is usually driven by my wife in limp mode.
-
Chris Two years ago I drooled over the pictures of your Acid Rush T while I waited for mine to arrive. I waited four months so I looked at your car many times. The F6 looks equally as good. But were you sad to see the T go? This stops me from selling mine.
-
I'm going to watch and wait a bit - but I'm still interested.
-
Well having sat in the left seat - there is no chance now! Usual BS SS driver - play it cool and concentrate on revs. Then just sort of feed the throttle in and hang on.
-
My car sounds fine then. I have Premium Sound but I use it to drown out the diff whine at 97klms/hr. The sound system itself is fine.
-
JB you mean that everyone else has a noise worse than that? No wonder you are annoyed.
-
Gooday Simon, Good to talk with you. Sorry to hear about the problems with bloodnut, I have decided to keep mine come hell or high water. I am a less frequent flyer on the forum these days, but still about.
-
There is still a basic Citric Acid T sedan in a car yard in Coffs with only 14,000 klms for $38K. Judging by that mine isn't worth much above $32K with 35,000 klms on it.
-
I have had the T for 18 months now and have covered 35,000 klms. My wife summed it up for me really - last week my Grandmother was in hospital in Sydney, things didn't look good as she was 101 years of age - so I took the Daytona through the heat and did a quick trip down from Coffs Harbour. My wife followed four hours later in the T. I was with my Gran when she died in the early hours of the morning, we all then went home the next day. On Tuesday of this week we repeated the trip for the funeral. Came back Wednesday. As my wife said this car is still such a nice place to be. I look forward to the trip every time I get in it, whether I am just going to work or travelling interstate. I haven't had many issues, twice early on it went into limp mode when given a go. Hasn't done that since 3,000 klms. Brake discs skimmed at 15,000. Still OK now. Slight clunk in diff - I can live with it for the good points of the rest of the car. Mainly the kilometres are all highway stuff and it hasn't had a hard life. The man issue I have had was the 5 month wait and the bullsh*t I got from the dealer - still pissed about that all this time later. Where's hypnodoc when you need him? What are other peoples experience who have done a few K's?
-
I guess at 35,000 klms I have joined as well, audible clunk at 3 to 4 klms an hour when slowing for lights, just about stopped and 'clunk', this is heard not felt so it isn't too bad I guess. Would the expensive Redline differential oil cure this or not? p.s. sorry if this was covered before I am too lazy to read through 10 or so pages...
-
Have you seen Ian's EL GT vents on GOLDIE? Similar idea but I think it looks better. But cutting holes in the bonnet?
-
I am less than convinced on the gov. cars. My XR6T is paid for by me and has been treated accordingly. It is one nice - and quick family car for teenage children. The VY2 Late model camira that is the work vehicle.... Believe me you want the Turbo.
-
After dinner with the suprise guest last night I could do this too. I was already going to Indy - planning on going up from Coffs Harbour on the Friday, staying in Brisbane on Friday and Saturday nights. Was going to go to the track both days, but if you have something planned for the Saturday that could be on instead. A really good run is via the back road to Grafton then the Summerland Way (back road) to Lismore. Then the slower but beautiful really back roads through Uki, Muwillumbar, Nimbin, then over the boarder through to Natural Arch then the great roads in the hinterland to the Coast. If the drive is what you are after and you want to 'use' your car rather then do a transport up the Pacific sort of trip this is the go. I usually go this way on my bike. No blue lights in sight.
-
I never knew that....
-
Mate that's just plain unbelievable. How about an insurance payout then buy the wreck for the track. With the funds left buy a garden variety second hand T.
-
Mate, I am in Coffs Harbour, there is a Citric Acid '03 build SSS Auto with I think 18's and nothing else in a local car yard (Alliance Motors). It has done 14,000 klms and is about 37 grand. So for 36 K a car with 20,000 klms and leahter sounds OK to me. Gota love the dead cow.
-
Yamaha R1 with pipe and power commander chip. 285 klms/hr.
-
Thanks Zeke, This question always enters my head on a long night drive. After 30,000 klms I had to ask it.
-
Guys I need to ask the stupidest of questions. I have a 03/03 build car with Premium Sound. I love it. But buggered if I can see the colour display screen. Unless blue is the only colour! So, am I colour blind or is blue it???
-
"Chips are down"... Bit of a Freudian slip there Peter.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.