Jump to content

AMoffat

Member
  • Posts

    744
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AMoffat

  1. I'm with Ian, More to the point (at the risk of highjacking the thread) why did Ford do it??? Not that I am complaining at all, quite the opposite. Was it because: 1. They needed a flag raiser prior to the XR8 and the FPV GT variants coming on stream early last year? Or, 2. To trounce the supercharged 'S' Commodore? I hope it was 1 and they discontinue the Turbo soon before series 2. Then we will see what a cult car really is.
  2. AMoffat

    New Turbo

    I have to ask what seems to be the obvious question? Why? Is it a end of lease thing? Time to go again? Or, you want different goodies with the grunt.
  3. Guys, I am definetly in the right age bracket to qualify for team HgAg membership which means I am past fast women and Sunday golfing. What's Breilting? Peter APS It's a silver thing... What's Breilting? It's the effect on you of watching HgAg members having sex (usually with each other). Not pretty watching your Grandparents tongue kissing and gropping at groins in public. This effect is like trying to vomit molten lead. Not for the faint hearted. Why did they buy a Ford Falcon you ask - they need the boot space for all the prescription medications they gotta take to keep drawing breath. That's why they stop so often, not to admire their cars, but to take more pills. Plus take off/put on the cardigan due to minor changes in the wheather. The rest of us will buy shyte loads of your products so we can be assured of being able to get out of their way
  4. AMoffat

    Homesick

    Or dump the Focus and go for a ride on a Duke!
  5. Really it's the same BS that gets trotted out every year at Philip Island when I go down for the GP. Have I been booked - no. Have I been a good -100 klms/hr citizen - well no. Am I smart enough top know when to get amongst it? Yes. The people who cop (pun intended) the attention, usually draw attention to themselves.
  6. Purple's the go - it has a Ford history going with Wild Violet from the XY/XA days. Phantom. So good the General made a half arsed attempt at copying it.
  7. I well remember the first drive and the stolen night away my wife organised I get a thrill every time I get behind the wheel. I hope you do too.
  8. speak to iaschmidt - he has a couple of screens in the back of the head rests. plus the unit in the front. my kids saw this and went into overdrive. fantastic.
  9. Mate I reckon it will be just as big a piece of crap as their supercharged sh!tboxes, perhaps they missed the boat this time, must be painful for the arrogant pricks in their mongrel management team to finally have to face reality. I have had bad dealings with them in the past and I despise them. Give me another Holden, but give me a can of petrol and a box of matches to go with it :banghead: your an angry man Too true - maybe you should see someone about a anger management session, know a good therapist?
  10. The interesting thing is that I have heard Ford won't honour the warrenty on the car - it would be up to DJR and Herrod Motorsport. Is this true? For us it would be cheaper to visit Herrod for the suspension/brakes/wheels then a chip and tune provider for the go department. Then your local priest for the drivetrain to hold up.
  11. VG Can you just post the naked shots... For Ken of cause.
  12. I guess so Scotty - if pouring bucket loads of cash over the years into wheels to impress strippers is your thing, then I'm your guy. Bloody Harleys, I nearly got thrown out of home during that stage. How was I to know the girl who begged to ride on the *beep* pad during the poker run was the evenings entertainment? OK, her distinct lack of clothing did get my attention, but... It sure as hell got my wife's attention when she drove by the Pub, saw the bikes and thought she would stop and ask how the run was going. While said young thing was on the back. That's on the back of the bike, not on her back! But then I digress, which I would have loved to do at the time...
  13. Chronological order starting in 1978: 1961 - Mini 850 1966 - Morris 1100 (1275 Cooper S motor) 1971 - Mini Clubman GT (ex chaser 1310 overbore twin choke Webber etc worked then stuffed) 1974 - Cortina TC 2L manual 1980 - Expensive Daewoo Late model camira 4 speed 202 (because it was a manual I thought it was sporty!) 1981 - Honda CX500 (bike of the year???) 1984 - Yamaha XJ 900 RL (first new bike) 1984 - Ford Laser 1.5 5 speed (first new car) 1986 - BMW R80RT (first??) 1985 - Nissan Bluebird manual with all the fruit (shocker, bad decision) 1982 - Honda CB 900 1986 - BMW 650 then kids were at an age where I needed two cars to run them about - three bikeless years! 1989 - Mitsubishi Magna manual 1970 - Ford Fairmont XY (wild voilet with white roof and interior!) 1971 - HQ 202 3 speed, had this for two weeks and made a grand - heap of shyte! No match for the XY which I kept as a second car. 1977 - Celica 2L 5 speed (replaced the XY) 1980 - Celica 2L 5 speed replaced the other Celica when it was written off hitting a Roo. Sold this one to my brother - he still is spewing about it, worste decision he ever made. 1951 - Matchless C9 - really needed a bike by this stage even if it was an old English twin. 1995 - Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide (really needed some thing to help my image after the Matchless, was sick of 80 year old ladies recounting there youth to me). Plus I wanted to meet more strippers and ya need a Harley for that trip. 1985 - Ford Fairmont XF (had this for a while, the Harley riders car). 1996 - Ford Fairmont EF2 (had this also for a while, a BMW riders car). 1995 - BMW K1100RS (had this one for a while too). then the current line-up: 2002 - Ducati ST2 (loud and proud) 2003 - Ford XR6 Turbo.
  14. I run 42 front and 38 rear. standard 17inch rims and tyres. Had the car on the speed limiter on Sunday on a long outback straight, 240 - 245klm on speedo. Definately not designed to do that speed anywhere except a dead straight road. 12lb boost and bigger injectors gives pretty amazing acceleration from 140 - 240, like three blinks. Sh!!!!!!t who designed the brakes, and the suspension over 200 forget it. With the 17's I take it you have the standard brakes? This always is the first rational objection I have when considering a Phase 2 Kit - I would have to spring (pun intended) for suspension and brake mods as well. Plus or minus a new auto by the sound of things.
  15. I'd agree, I'm not keen on being photographed at work either. The guy let's you take some photos, while he is working and gets called arrogant for his trouble. Not all forum members state their professions, whgo would you line up next? Air hostesses? They annoy me. Chefs? I hate Chefs. Cooking all that stuff no-one can pronounce. Laywers...
  16. While the service interval and the oil change interval is set at 15,000 klms through the factory/dealer network. What are you actually doing. Not so much the theory - you should change evry blah blah - when are you really changing oil or oil and filter? The reason I ask? I am feeling guilty, it has now done 21K and I said I'd change the oil and filter at 20K, haven't done so yet.
  17. sounds like it. They now have Phantom with orange stripes and lightning strike with orange stripes.
  18. Me too... I'm looking at VW's for my daughter. The '70 model for 3K with mags or the '75 superbug with mags, sunroof etc etc for 4.5K and all my mates said that I would only allow a Ford in the driveway. Not true, I like Ducati's as well.
  19. I have wondered about this - mine don't scrape but were adjusted at 15,000Klms and need adjustment again (20,000Klms). The embarressing thing is you need to cover hold the car on the foot brake as the handbrake allows it to move in either direction when in gear.
  20. When your wife scratches the car - your reaction should be in inverse proportion to the expectation of you having sex in the coming month. So major expectation for a good month, small (or no) reaction. Poor expectation for horizontal dancing? Let it rip.
  21. I live down the road and round the corner from there. I have also hit a roo at the zoo, wrote of a celica. No good mate.
  22. Yeah, Ducatis' are where iy is at. I have had big bore fours and eventually you get bored with them. You need something that lives under you, not acts as a turbine. Sounds like I should have bought a V8
  23. Dude why run a R65 on it? Low compression and surely a waste of money. I havce run my Ducati, liquid cooled, injected, two valver on it and it is fine. Have run the T on it and it is fine, get more klms per tank in fact.
  24. The 200 at my bucks party must've been a figment of my imagination then ! No VG - I'd put that down to the strippers and the piss
  25. Neat ute and faithful hound. No ute - but I have a photo in the making that could be a matching set.
×
×
  • Create New...