Jump to content

Superdan

Member
  • Posts

    3,422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Superdan

  1. G'day all, been a long time between drinks since I was here, but thought I'd drop a line and say howdy. Long story short I'm looking for blood... I've set a personal target to sign up 100 new or inactive blood donors by the end of the year. So, Monday & Tuesday November 16th&17th I have organised for the Red Cross Blood Mobile to be in Osborne Park. To be there they need around 30 people a day, and I need approx another 15 people to fill up places for these two days. The bus will be at The Good Guys carpark, and I'd love it if anyone here could come down during work and help us out. If you would like to know if you are eligible to donate blood, you can take a quick quiz HERE... or if you've got any questions on the process of it all, or would like to get involved then please email or call me on below details. Cheers all, hope everyone's doing well. Dan [email protected] 0405 177 489 PS: if any of the 'mini-mods' of WA section could move this over to a new topic so everyone can see, that'd be trumps.
  2. iinet $89/month, ADSL2+ 22g peak/30g off, inc. phone calls etc. and honestly the fastest net I've ever seen. not sure if it's just my place or Aus, but anywhere in europe just draaaaaagged in comparison!
  3. *wankers*
  4. Post up a side on pic of your car and someone will have a go mate. Here's an F6 if it helps...
  5. But I've been so good for so long!!
  6. Can't really make out the sound, but pull the hose off the front of the turbo and make sure there's no shaft play. Possibly an oil supply issue as well?
  7. [1QUIKSIX] or similar @ HJ's Innaloo today. White trayback ute with shiny cooler, haven't seen a trayback until today!
  8. It is always a heartbreaking to hear stories like this, but to know it's so close to one of our own makes it even harder. Our sincerest condolences to you and yours.
  9. It's fine, but have a power run on a dyno before hammering it. Get them to check the AFR's to see if they're safe.
  10. nope, care to share??
  11. Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot
  12. Using a mobile phone whilst driving is no more dangerous than using a sat nav unit. But, having said that, when will smoking, eating drive thru food, shaving, having conversations with passengers, applying make-up, listening to music, driving whilst under the influence of sleepiness, sub-cognitive thoughts about what's for dinner and talking via handsfree kits be banned? IMO they are all equally as distracting whilst driving.
  13. Insert hilarious comment here...

  14. Maybe clogged fuel filter, could be spark plugs or coil packs. Start there and l;et us know how that goes EDIT: don't do the boost solenoid maintenance coz.. well yeh.
  15. for sequential, one small and one big, would certainly kick arse, and would take care of the lag issue!
  16. Mine doesn't make a 'clak' sound, more like a deeper louder fuel pump charging sound. and certainly no knocking, does yours squire?
  17. 20 questions is great, fist app I've paid for.
  18. find a wrecked/writeoff turbo and pinch the engine/drivetrain/wiring loom etc from that and get it tuned. Either that or (sorry, but yes it has to be said...) sell up and buy a turbo
  19. Firstly, stop driving the car when it's stone cold! Always let her warm up for at the very leasta few minutes. Can you tell us where the noise is coming from? engine/gearbox/diff? Is it when the gearbox is changing into second?
  20. Yup agree with you Mat, there is enough research out there now to affect people's decisions, but not promoted to the point of being 'available knowledge'. Being in electronics retail, I have noticed a steady increase of people asking questions relating to such factors as our resident doc has put forward. Mostly regarding mobiles, but also cordless home/office telephone systems, wireless home theater systems & wireless networks. These are questions that simply can't be accurately answered yet, due to no definitive studies being available. There has been a lot more talk of the effects of mobile phone use in recent months, and I'm all for more information, but for now I'm taking my usual head-in-the-sand approach and having another drink. Once I have kid(s) and have worries beyond tomorrow then I may show more concern, but for now... who's round is it?
  21. Fisrtly, bit of advice... whack some grammar in there and most people will be more helpful If it is the scuff plates you're after, then check out ebay, as there's a few options there... EBAY If they're genuine ones you're after then maybe FTG Autosalvage or Reef City Ford's ebay store. Dan
  22. I built a box for my two kenwood 12's over half a carton and no measurements (at all). I mounted them magnet out simply because the box was too small to do it magnet in, and it kicks hard. heaps more punchy than any other similar setup I trialled in there. Had a mates' box with two alpine type s 12's in there and it throbbed rather than punched, which is the opposite of what I wanted. Tried the box and have loved it ever since.
  23. The Dan's of this forum are highly respected members, and you just soiled our name. Good one! Sorry you had to go through that mate, what's next on the horizon??
  24. This was in no way started as a Expensive Daewoo bashing whatsoever. There a far more manufacturer's cars in there than just Expensive Daewoo vs ford. I was simply unimpressed that there was no (what we here would call) decent tuners representing our cars. That's it. I now know that it is open for tuners to enter rather than the magazine picking who they want. Hopefully there is one or two tuners that will enter next year and be able to show the others how it's really done.
  25. If anyone wants to know the tuner involved, there are ways of asking the original poster that don't involve posting it up on a public forum. This site is not about bagging out companies that don't meet your needs. plasmid2 contacted a tuner to ask if they could satisfy his needs, which they could not. As it stands we have one side of the story, and as most of us have learnt here, there is always at least two sides. Naming the company in question would only unfairly bring bad publicity to them. If you want a fair debate, then get plasmid2 to contact the company and offer them the opportunity to post on here with their side of the story. Most states have a few decent tuning houses now, and most are more than happy to help out and are eager for your business, so don't get you knickers twisted over a company trying to sell you what they sell, coz that's what they're there to do. Simple. You're spoilt for choice, so take advantage. There are enough one-sided bitching sites out there that you can jump on and whinge to your hearts content on, so save it for them. This forum is about the sharing of useful information, helping people with problems, hot semi-naked ladies and making fun of the occasional keyboard warrior that comes along. My 2c Dan
×
×
  • Create New...