Jump to content

XR6ISM

Member
  • Posts

    535
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by XR6ISM

  1. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Hey Mark, It was the exhaust holding the car back, we found it only to be good for 270 - 300rwkw (depending on dyno, higher reading dynos may reach 300, the dyno used reads a bit on the lower side, hence my 270)....im sure we could have pushed it further, but the tempreture on the exhaust housing of the turbo would have been too high and in my opinion, un reliable. To give you some stats, the car was tuned with the 3" system and the max I could get (mind you, this was done through a very reputable company - however I am unable to disclose who they are for a number of reasons) was 270 rwkw (safely and reliably). I then had the 3.5" with custom dump exhaust fitted, the first run on the dyno with no further tuning was 290rwkw.....further tunning got me to 300+, however we decided to leave at the 300 mark. So from what ive seen with my car, the exhaust was holding me back. PS: Themeshman260 - luck with your exhaust, hope you enjoy it
  2. Dynowog - Like I said, tests on my car showed that with this 3" system, the car would not go past 270Kw ... safely and reliably I should add. If people have other results im sure there will also be other factors that effect the results. As for the CRD price, agreed, perhaps it should be dropped....im not sure myself how they can do it so cheap, but you never know. Jordak & Fr33dy- Yes you are right, the dump pipe currently on my car/on the website, was a one off, and at this stage is still being tested. We will test a 4 or 4.5" dump pipes soon and see how they impact the performance/driveability/power and torque of the car. For this reason, the pipe as shown on the site has still not been released. We will also be doing some tests on the 4" Cats. Jordak - I am not sure about the CRD system, I have not seen the system so I really cant answer your question in regards to whether or not it is a copy. Regz Dean
  3. goobs I think you will find that the system is better than that and will suit over 90% of xr6t's as I am confident of it suporting over the 400rwkw!!! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Dynowog, When testing the exhaust system, the most I got out of this system was 270 rwkw -however depending on tune/dyno etc u may be about to hit 300 MAX. After this we did a full customer 3.5" system to obtain my current 300 + rwkw (im running aps gear in the car also). As for the claim of exhausts being sold for 850 .... the supplier of the exhaust knows of all systems that have been sold to date, and nobody is selling them that cheap, unless it is an imitation system or unless they are loosing money on the systems. Themeshman260 - The exhausts are good quality and they work. Like I mentioned previously, I should know, they were tested on my car. The cat and muffles used in the system are Xforce (their own cats/mufflers) and the they produce a good note. Are you in sydney mate?? If so PM me, im going to my mates exhaust shop on sat, your more then welcome to meet up with me, ill show you my current quad system and you can see the Xforce systems in flesh (and meet the owner). Regz, Dean
  4. LOL Beat you to it dude....hahaah.....nah, Mine doesnt count, my car was the test car for the exhaust your currently running . Anyhow, guys, the exhaust has been tried and tested, like I said, it was tested on my car and I had the dyno's done independently. If you guys do a search on some of my previous posts, there is one in particular where I posted up a bunch of dyno sheets with info, which can now be found on the best mufflers website on the following address: http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htm The quality of the exhaust system is great, and there is no chance that power will be lost. Ive tried and tested a whole heap of systems and the current X-Force system is the one that produced the most power, relieably (ie, without the std computer cutting the power to the car). So from all that I have seen, I give a thumbs up to the X-Force system. Regz Dean
  5. Sedan - Manual APS Phase 2+ 300.1 RWKW 60ft 2.6 400m 13.4 @ 112 MPH WSID Hopefully when I get my slipping clutch sorted I can get that 2.6 down to a 2.1 !! Regz Dean
  6. Yeap, im down with Best mufflers in Carlton, shakeyone give Chris a call on 95473511 and he will look after you. If you want a bit more info, take a look at: http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htm Here you will find a bunch of my dyno sheets from when Chris and I did testing on my car. We tested a fair few system, some gained power, some lost. If you would like more info, feel free to PM me and we'll go from there. Regz Dean
  7. Hi Bugster, You mentioned you looked at the Bestmufflers website in regards to the 3" exhaust system. This is a very good system for the T, and trust me, there was alot of time and effort put into the system to develop it (I should know, all those dyno sheets you looked at on the Bestmuffler website are of my car). The single 3" system, when testing on my car, managed to hold 270rwkw before I went for the custom exhaust im currently running (quad system as you would have seen on the website). If you go anymore free flowing then the 3" system, you will find that the car will spike in boost and the power will be cut (as is shown in one of the dyno sheets). The system has a great note, not too much drone so that shouldnt be an issue, and as mentioned before, they do work. Personally my car gained 13kw at the wheels with the exhaust and air filter. In the future, you would need to change the cat, as it is a restriction, however if your just after a system that will give you some more grunt and better sound, id suggest the bestmufflers system. If your interested in more info PM me or give Chris a call at bestmufflers, he'll look after you. Regs, Dean PS if you do a search for some of my posts, I did post up a whole write up of the exhaust systems with the dyno sheets....should be fairly simular to what you saw on the Bestmufflers site.
  8. XR6ISM

    New Exhaust

    What are those x-force systems like?? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> hiya weapon, just got the cat back system from bestmufflers and I am very happy with it free flowing and not overly noisy - great service to boot. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> XR6T-riffic ...... good to hear you like your system ..... looks like Chris's any my hard work with testing all these different systems has paid off. Did you see the info on Chris's web site on my current exhaust ?? Swanga, the X-Force systems are great....very good value for money. Im not running one at the moment due to the fact that Chris from Bestmufflers did a custome zorst on mine (to handle the power) however I did run an X-Force system previously and I have a fair few mates with various cars running those systems who are wrapped about them. My personal opinion is, you wont go wrong with one of these systems. Regz, Dean <{POST_SNAPBACK}> yes dean seen all the stuff you and chris did - and hey I dont mind benefitting from experience. love that quad system too mark <{POST_SNAPBACK}> You should hear how it sounds, prolly as close to an 8 you will get our of a 6. Its awsome.....prolly a bit loud for the average person though, but meh If you wonna have a look/listen your more then welcome too next time im down at chris's of a weekend. Regz, Dean
  9. XR6ISM

    New Exhaust

    What are those x-force systems like?? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> hiya weapon, just got the cat back system from bestmufflers and I am very happy with it free flowing and not overly noisy - great service to boot. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> XR6T-riffic ...... good to hear you like your system ..... looks like Chris's any my hard work with testing all these different systems has paid off. Did you see the info on Chris's web site on my current exhaust ?? Swanga, the X-Force systems are great....very good value for money. Im not running one at the moment due to the fact that Chris from Bestmufflers did a custome zorst on mine (to handle the power) however I did run an X-Force system previously and I have a fair few mates with various cars running those systems who are wrapped about them. My personal opinion is, you wont go wrong with one of these systems. Regz, Dean
  10. XR6ISM

    New Exhaust

    Weapon, Have a look at http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htm You will find all my dyno sheets for the various exhaust systems that I have tested on my car. Believe it or not, I lost power with a dual system. I found a single 3" gave me the best results, and like Geea mentioned, removing the cat and replacing with a high flow cat removed a major restriction. Have a read on the site anyhow, all details of the various systems can be found there including my current quad pipe system that's producing just over 300rwkw (with APS gear). Regs, Dean
  11. Yeap, speak to Chris at Best mufflers, he did my exhaust also. He really knows his stuff. If you go to his website, the select the drop down menu for Custom exhausts you will find a link to BA XR6 Turbo. Those are posts of all my dyno sheets when we tested the various systems, along with info and pics on my current system (3.5" single with quad pipes) Regs, Dean
  12. Too true.........do a search on some of my previous posts TTJET, I posted up dyno sheets of the car std and then at each stage as I changed the exhaust system.......I think from memory there was 5 setups. If you want anymore info, please feel free to PM me and ill see what I can dig up for you. Regz Dean
  13. I have seen a Difillipo system and wasn't too impressed.....it was a shocker <{POST_SNAPBACK}> What didn't you like about it? The look, the sound or the performance? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> The way it was welded, looked like a 2 yr old had done the job, all the slag from welding inside it was grouped together..........to me that will cause alot of restriction, very poor workmanship from them <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I found the same thing when I did my zorst on the car, the di fillipo stuff just wasnt quality, sent it all back. Here are some pics for you guys and one more This one is a custom system built by my mate at Bestmufflers in Carlton. I have been told by various people, including some people off this forum, that my car is the closest you will get to a V8 sound out of a 6. At idle it purrs like an 8, under acceleration it sounds absolutely awsome. Bit loud inside, but hey, if its not the zorst, it will be the system lol
  14. Very good question <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Tis possible, and has been done on my car........if you guys do a search on some of my old exhaust threads you should find something.
  15. $676.00 Dave <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yeah that's quite expensive, plus freighting down to Vic. Its very nicely made though - and stainless aswell...... looks awesome. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I dunno, I think a member paid $1000 just forthe defilipo dump pipe. Took it back and asked for his money back. Quality not to good I think. macka <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I vouch for this, I had one sitting infront of me and ended up taking it back. Found the quality of the welds etc wasnt all that good.
  16. Mate, that's the shizzy........just got back from bit of a drive with Master G..........those wheels look sensational when the car is moving.....LOVE the DISH Regz Dean
  17. Im heading down with Master G on the 29.....dont know if ill race with you blokes on the 12th but ill prolly come to spectate.....im not too sure about pushing 300+ rwkw on a std T5 manual.....I need the gearbox to last me a least a year.
  18. Think of it this way....you said that the WRX would have no chance now against your typhoon ??? If that's the case, my T has about the same amount of power at the rear wheels as your typhoon will have at the engine......PHASE'IN time I love mods
  19. Possibly, I dont have a std system on the car though, so I need to make some alterations
  20. which 3.5" system would that be? Dave. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Dave, Its at my mates exhaust shop, he will be doing the exhaust, still not sure on final configuration or brand and so on, but ill keep you all posted
  21. XR6ISM

    Xr6t

    Look good, Sounds good, Goes good, Upgradeability options Comfortable/big. Plus its Phantom, which makes it even better
  22. Thanks for the coments guys, BCL, thanks for the lengthy post and information, much appreciated. I have decided to still with a 3.5" exhaust rather then a 4, mainly due to sound (dont want it that loud) and price. 3.5" should suffice for the application that im after. Thanks again guys Regz Dean
  23. I forgot to mention, the exhaust needs to hold approx 300 rwkw! Dont know if that makes any difference
  24. Yeah im trying, im going through various posts trying to find info on this.......
  25. Hi Guys, Just doing a bit of research and I came across a PWR exhaust system for the BA. From what I have seen the exhaust includes a 4" dump pipe into a 3.5" mid pipe into a 3" rear. From what I have read this is supposed to create the presure the exhaust needs to perform....as the gasses cool down through the exhaust they are supposed to reduce in size therefore not requiring the larger pipe. Anyway, has anybody had and experiance with this sort of system, or heard any reviews ?? Brian (BCL), I know you've played with a 4" system, how did you find it?? Any comment/info/advise would be much appreciated. Regz Dean
×
×
  • Create New...