Jump to content

ETM

Member
  • Posts

    1,194
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by ETM

  1. That is perfectly normal, when you think about it the burnt fuel is what makes the turbo spin causing boost. As the engines rpm increases it consumes more and more air and therefore the turbo has to work harder to keep the boost level stable. Since you are not applying enough throttle the boost will drop off before the rpm ceases to increase, try it with full throttle and it wont happen untill higher in the rev range where the engine actually consumes more air than the gt3582r can physically supply it and the boost level drops.
  2. Both of these cars were built at ETM so a little bit of credit wouldnt go astray please. 8. NSW Mark Vardanega/AXR19P/CV Performance BF F6 Sedan Willowbank 10.224 132.52 11. NSW Leigh Whittaker/DUZ360/CV Performance BA XR6 Ute 10.459 132.69
  3. Although if the solenoid is jammed it will not be an accurate test. Its best to physically bypass the solenoid.
  4. true, you would assume it is normally open or failure of the solenoid would cause overboost.
  5. Try bypassing the boost control solenoid by running the hose directly from the comp cover to the wastegate actuator and see if the problem goes away.
  6. MTQ is my recommendation.
  7. I do leakdown testing of turbo systems if you are local to me (wollongong area) I can sort your problem out.
  8. put any editor in a new car and see who he starts raving about
  9. I have not read this whole thread but I feel I should let you guys in on how the car magazine syndicate works. Its cash for comment, short and simple. If you pay them or give them free stuff they start to talk about you in the mag, the more you give them the more they run stories that work in your favour. The business' that you see being mentioned in seeming random editorial comment in magazines have paid in one way or another which is why you see rediculous comparisons sometimes with the best products or services not even mentioned.
  10. do your brakes work ok?
  11. you could be losing control over one of the camshafts which would limit the rpm capability of the engine, be careful as at full retard the inlet valves will touch the piston. It could also be valve springs which will have the same effect, those springs are renound for being sh*t so I suggest you get rid of them asap.
  12. Not to mention having no timing case, imagine the oil leaks ! haha. Jeez milan looks like you have even more work than I do to get that thing finished!
  13. Looking good mate, the best thing is it is completely invisable from above now
  14. it will be easier to install the pedal box from a ba than convert to cable with stock ecu.
  15. In theory you are both correct, ethanol is a wonderful fuel with a high octane rating and is often used to bump up the octane rating of a fuel but a 91 ron fuel, containing ethanol or not, is still a 91 ron fuel. If they took regular 91 ron fuel and then added ethanol it would probably go close to being an equal match but they are using fuel with less than 91 ron and using the ethanol to bump up the octane rating to 91 ron. The ethanol will have a good effect on the engine but 91 is 91 no matter which way you look at it. Your mate is correct in theory but wrong in the real world. You are the winner please never let him forget it
  16. I agree.
  17. This looks like fun!
  18. Nothing here makes any sense. A split vacuum boost line to the wastegate will cause OVERBOOST and when fixed it will return to normal boost pressure. A split boost line cannot cause the complete loss of boost that you were describing, nor can it increase boost pressure when fixed. Either you have your wires crossed or you are being fed a load of crap.
  19. DUZ360
  20. Welcome across mate. I too came from vl turbos (I was a mod on CT actually) and have not looked back since getting into the xr6t's. They do have a gt3582r fitted from factory too which means its easy to make power on an almost stock setup.
  21. you have the MPH wrong dude, it was 123mph
  22. Hey mate. I have been away racing at the jamboree and I cannot access my pm's due to the new forum layout for some reason. I will check emails in a minute so hold tight
  23. nice ET and MPH mate.You defiately have those 60' time sorted with the irs rear end.
  24. does it have to be off a turbo car or will a na one do? I have ecu's from both
  25. I moved mine across. I had to remove the pedal box and with an oxy bend it across further.
×
×
  • Create New...