-
Posts
564 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Felix
-
I vote do it, better to do something different than something that's been done before! Felix
-
Fkn nice! Felix
-
Ahh, got all excited... its not that I don't like you Lee, its just I'd prefer to see you in your ute! Nice work Tab on alphabetising the list! Felix
-
Kenmore Tavern!!!! Holy Penguin sh*t Batman! You mean we are going to finish within 10km's of my place, nice! This will be the first time, I would have seen someone from this forum my side of town! I'm still in! Felix p.s. KT is also know as O'Hanlon's Irish Pub.
-
Nice, nice nice!!! Do you have any details on the camera and settings they used? Felix
-
I heard that its on the back of a truck or with the keys only... but then again, if someone wants it bad enough, they will get it. Felix
-
Welcome and Congrats! Where abouts where those pics taken? Felix
-
h9PbBjIZ5bE&NR=1 Felix
-
That model should be good for 40 - 50 tonnes, over 4m in the air right? Felix
-
I live under 10mins from our local station... that's not at speed. We can wait over 45mins for a response, we have had two deaths recently that have both been over 45mins, and possibly different stories if the response was in the state standard 15mins (that's the standard time right?). Not the ambo's fault, but its a joke! My company has the contract for refurbing the SEQ Stations and we are currently doing around 12 at the moment... its a fat contract, its great that the stations are getting refitted, but I wonder if there is more money for staff and vehicles? Felix
-
Lucky it wasnt full of immigrants! Could have been the next ride at Dreamworld. Felix
-
Elite Auto Dyno Day December 1st
Felix replied to Paul@eliteauto's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
If I was wearing undies I'd be pissing scared in them... sounds like I might have to turn up an take something else off your car! Felix -
Elite Auto Dyno Day December 1st
Felix replied to Paul@eliteauto's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
Share would be good, but shade would be even better!!! Felix -
She says its fine tab, and she wont be home until morning... Felix
-
Hmm not to sure about that one, yeah A/C's do have some down sides, the only exposure to humidifiers I've had is those crappy room ones, and the one we had didn't do sh*te. I find in my house its the air flow that is more irritating, fans and being in direct line of the air vents. My company didn't do anything with these so its out of my area, sorry. Well, there is no serviceable parts in the motors in ducteds that would get touched in a service. As long as the indoor unit is pushing air past the coil and into your house at the same rate it always has, and alters with the speed controller and as long as the outdoor fans are spinning and switching off and on at the same time as the indoor unit then they are all good. As for compressors, its a sealed unit, if its noisy or vibrating more than normal then there might be trouble on the way. You can check to see how many amps its pulling and make sure it matches its specs. So apart from that, there isn't much to check in a service... they are sealed units, no gas gets consumed so it 'shouldn't' need topping up. And fans draw stuff all power and when they go, you will know about it. Felix
-
If your capable do it yourself... the only time you need someone out if something is wrong, I used to do these services, in my opinion they were a big rip. But some of my customers just liked the peace of mind. With a ducted just do the same thing, take the filter out, hoover or hose, (if the filter is very saggy or doesnt come clean then you will need to get some new filter media) and while drying hold a thermometer to return air then to a few of the vents around the house, for a ducted the temp difference will be a bit lower, anything between 8 - 12 is pretty good. Then just make sure your out door unit is not covered in weeds and crap and has good air flow and that there is no ice on the pipes coming out of the unit. Felix
-
Clean the filters, hose them or hoover them. Turn them on to cool and as low as they go and after 5 mins measure the difference in air temp between the air coming out (near the fan) and the air going in (in front of filters), it should be between 9ish and 15 depending on a few things (age and cond of units), anything less than that and you might have a prob, like low gas. Problem with low gas is, you are not allowed to just regas them, as the only reason there is low gas is there is a leak (even a small one). It has to be de gassed and then leak tested/fixed then regased. Some people still do just put more gas in if low, but its not legal now with new regs/laws etc I'm 99% sure. ...that said if it has been fine and just needed a top up I would not leak test mine Felix
-
You'll be ok twink... it'll only be tabby bears that might chase you around. Felix
-
He's the pink one! Hope we didnt put you off?! Laner is all talk! Felix
-
We should take therapy together... Felix
-
What can I say, I'm overflowing with eagerness! You just bring it out of me Tab. Hell no! Why would I want to know what you guys are like for real!?!? You crazy man! Felix
-
Guess I'd better come along, cant miss an opportunity to show Laner up... and put sh*t on Tab... If ch 10 relax their duck arse I might be able to get my grubby little hands on that camera mount. Felix
-
My understanding of our new car warranty was that as long as it was serviced by a qualified mechanic and they use genuine OEM ford parts the warranty is good. Most the dealerships I know of use apprentices for their servicing so I dont know how that would be any better?!? Felix
-
Thought I would share a funny thing that happened to me today.... I am working on the refurbishments to Redcliffle Hospital, it is getting done stage by stage as it is still a open. Basically they come in, gut an area (walls, floors, suspended ceilings) then add all the new things in the ceiling space, we run all our new cables etc, then they start doing the walls and we drop our cables down. Well I was working in one area that had just been finished, I was just putting points on walls and little things like that, and next to where I was, is a newly gutted part. Well I'm working away and all of a sudden I hear this odd hissing noise, I poke my head round the corner to see a MASSIVE torrent of water blasting out (keep in mind this is all inside) and I see a guy on a scissor lift making a quick get away... He was one of the a/c duct guys and had gone up on the lift and not checked his area first and caught the fire sprinkler pipe and snapped it right back. Well as soon as the pressure drops in those lines, the big diesel water pump kicks in, fire brigade is called and the evac alarm goes off. I have never seen so much water come out of a pipe so fast, it was truly amazing. No one knew what to do so we all stood around for a while until the pump got isolated, 10-15 mins later... the aftermath was two flooded floors, all the new area I was working in had wet gyprock at mdf benches, flooded down stairs which is where all the archives and equipment is I'm pretty sure, not to mention the main switchboard for the whole place, it also made it's way out to the reception where staff and patients were... When the fire brigade rocked up, I called 'rain delayed play' and we all decided to call it a day.... I guess the a/c companies insurance is gonna get a right working over this. Anyone else had major disasters at work? Felix
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.