Retarded timing

Frank Castle 85

13 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

You'll get that no worries and it'll be safe all day every day. Can go more but stock headgasket won't be happy.

That's a giant headfark that you went through mate, sorry to hear about it.

So when you getting that 255, f6 injectors and that base tune...so you can drive here and turn it up?!?!

Yeah, this is the first time I've had a stock head gasket in. A little wary but hey, it's only coil cover, cam sensors unplug, coolant temp unplug intake bolts, turbo return line unbolt from sump, exhaust manifold bolts, dip stick, belt and pulley's, harmonic balancer, crank angle sensor, rocker cover, timing chain cover, timing chain, cam caps, cams, headstud nuts washers and headstuds with head removal, then basically in reverse for a simple gasket change HAHAHA! 

All g my man, it probably explains the start of my post cause I was being pulled in so many different directions. Huge learner curve; however, it brought me to this forum which I'm thankful for. A lot of great input from all directions.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I recently used an athena gasket in my car, it's a composite split ring type so it seals real good. I only had it in the car for a few thousand kays before the oil pump died. There's $450 of gasket in the bin so this time I'm using a dynomite performance copper fire ring gasket so I can reuse it in the future. Basically the same style as the athena but reusable. I hope this is last headgasket I have to buy for at least 5 years!

Wicked man. If I end up needing to replace my HG again, I'll look down this avenue that you're doing. When I pulled the head off last time, the Cosmetic HG looked like it was in great condition and could use again. But it was only $245 but, the latest advice I got was to go back to stock. This comes from a guy that builds barra's in the south part of Brissy. He says he runs them in the 700-800hp cars with no issues, whether I am being fed sh*t again who knows. My original goal when I bought this car was 600-650 reliable HP. When this car is finally up and running, it'll be my weekender. Just want to chop more R8 clubby's haha

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Nah he's right, a stock one is fine up to about 800rwhp. You can reuse a gasket but it's the biggest pita to clean it, I would not recommend that!! It is good advice from old mate, no need to overspend or over engineer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom Tucker said:

I've got the stock headgasket also. I don't think I'll be able to run much more than 25psi, due to the 1.01 rear housing and turbo shaft speed, but we'll see!

Yeah, I’m currently running at 3584 was at 27psi, was told it was 24, gauge and inept tuner could be well out haha. Next year, I’ll probably go 6Boost manifold for wank factor and a G40 or G45 but only if my current turbo sh*ts the bed. 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d
15 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

You gonna get a g40 for the next turbo @Tom Tucker?

Should make a couple hundred more with minimal lag.

I'll wait and see what the G35 does. Honestly, if it does high 500s with brutal low and mid range I'll be happy.

The only way I'd go bigger is with a 4.11 diff ratio