Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 28d

:spamlaser:

That actually the main reason I swapped it. The little turbo was making a sh*tload of midrange torque whereas this one has moved it up. The little one actually made 300awkw at only 3500rpm once, the larger one wont do that which will save the rods lol.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

As always a quick check with virtual dyno, now it makes 291awkw at 13.7psi vs the 276awkw it was making at 13.4psi previously. It's also only making 203awkw at 3500rpm vs the 300awkw it did on a cold night a few nights ago. That's what's gonna keep the rods in it lol.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Eh she'll be right, as long as I don't do anything too silly with it, it will be fine. I was thinking I'll get another engine as a backup, that's on the cards eventually.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I have a couple of sets of turbo rods I can use, also a bunch of turbo pistons etc. I could just slap my spool I beam rods in it and a set of turbo pistons, that will keep it safe to make all the power that turbo can throw at it. So far the trans is fine, I've given it a pretty decent tune up and it's behaving itself for now. Obviously that will change if I throw much more power at it but again, I have some bits I can chuck in it to make it stronger without costing anything. It would be better to have a spare engine so I can do the work on one, then swap it over in a day so there isn't much down time.

@Typhoon you're selling an engine ain't ya?

• Like 1