Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 8d
Posted

That just looks like a regular drop in tank, not their heavy duty one.

I think there is only one AIO solution which is the aftermarket industries one but only suits late BF2 tanks (post Sept 07 tanks), but seems big $$ in comparison, but so does a surge tank once you factor wiring, pump, fitting kit.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 6y 10m 2d
Posted
That just looks like a regular drop in tank, not their heavy duty one
Is that directed at the kpm unit? If so yes but its the only one they list for early ba bf. The heavy duty ones certainly look the part and carry the price tag.
  • Member
  • Member For: 11y 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

Why not change tank for a late BF2 or FG one? I'm going to do that and get either the KPM 1000hp module or the AI one4290d809f5a6591e15c27f715a9a8cb7.jpg

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 6y 10m 2d
Posted
Wouldn't be too hard to track one down I rekon. What's exactly improved in the later tank design. Obviously surge is less of and issue but how so?
  • Member
  • Member For: 11y 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

The FG fuel pump module is the "big pod" that's advertised on eBay. I'll post a comparison.

But have the FG tank allows us to fit the KPM 1000hp module and the AI module

 

FG pod to BA pod7cb49148e89c27eee19be3b9041a61f6.jpg

  • Member
  • Member For: 9y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Yea dont get it all confused though, their is a large pod BF module but it is different to the FG module.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 6y 10m 2d
Posted

Waiting for the exhaust to arrive so taking some time to focus on the paint work again. Being lazy and not pulling out the door handles last time, it left an unsightly look between the handle, the rubber seal and the door itself. So handles out and will have to paint everything separately. I'm slowly gearing myself up to eventually get a few coats of clear over the car and bring the paint up to scratch. f0d829d5976a4de53039bffde994141c.jpg0c8d36524580d8488a36204242ede486.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 6y 10m 2d
Posted

Edging closer to getting the tune done. Dump and cat fitted up and no leaks. Some heat shields might need to be tweaked a little though. Door handles and doors re done and looking much less ghetto now. Pretty much ready to book in for a tune now. ee9ed10f5a74fef808830a4820842bd2.jpg957e59520ed45ae413820830962c54f8.jpg8dbd588819c53d60b28576d12801c0bc.jpg

  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 6y 10m 2d
Posted

So I went about finding a tuner last few weeks. Called a few shops to touch base, go through my setup and see if it feels right. First up was autotech, busy place, very glitchy I call them they call me I call them we could never really find a chance to talk. Eventually got through to spiro but he was too busy to talk.

Then I tried empire, jeremy was very positive and enthusiastic. It felt right so I towed the car to them. Early reports are the car made 398rwkw at 16psi and they wanted to hold the car to check cold start. Pick up tomorrow so should have a graph to disect. I see a transmission upgrade in my future.

  • Like 5
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 6y 10m 2d
Posted

Cars running great, very strong but also much more rounded as a whole package. It has more poke off boost I feel and the transition onto boost is very smooth. Its an easy car to live with that's for sure. Cruising in drive, you'd think the car is dead stock. d6d466f721fbca00bf17eca220b37314.jpgd6d0142f0a291564bfd471976bf832d6.jpg

  • Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...