sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 29/10/12 10:41 AM Posted 29/10/12 10:41 AM fire extinguisher means maybe the odd track day but it looks clean - get it checked overif it hasn't been in a decent crash it looks to be a good buy
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 10d Posted 29/10/12 10:43 AM Posted 29/10/12 10:43 AM ^^ this. You really need to know where you want to go with it, ie want to mod etc to get an idea if its worth buying or not.
coreys912516 Legacy Donating Member 217 Member For: 13y 11m Gender: Male Location: wollongong Posted 29/10/12 10:47 AM Posted 29/10/12 10:47 AM oh ok well I hope its not for that ...he has told me its a family car and he is the second owner. brought it when it was 1 year old from the Government auctions .serviced at ford while under warranty then by him every 5-10km .... oh I will add that im not modding it keeping it stock well tune and exhaust that's about it not really wanting big hp out of it .
STAZ Member 17 Member For: 13y 11m 1d Posted 29/10/12 10:57 AM Posted 29/10/12 10:57 AM (edited) Nice, anything I should be wary off or common probs? Hopefully I get a solid trouble free car!!!Cheers for the info aswell guys appreciate it Edited 29/10/12 10:59 AM by STAZ
LAZY6 Member 620 Member For: 21y 10m 8d Gender: Male Posted 29/10/12 11:10 AM Posted 29/10/12 11:10 AM fire extinguisher means maybe the odd track day but it looks clean - get it checked overif it hasn't been in a decent crash it looks to be a good buyIt would most likely be attached to the passenger side floor it was used for track days. They have to be accessible quick smart.Def looks like a good buy though!
Z2TT Member 714 Member For: 14y 4m 3d Posted 29/10/12 05:00 PM Author Posted 29/10/12 05:00 PM (edited) I've decided to go Injectors+Tune as a first mod, don't know if it will be fast enough with just factory injectors, then I'll begin saving for Inter cooler pipes to replace them as soon as they burst or do it ASAP and leave it at that.There's another place called BPT in Perth, seems like they mod lots of Fords too I might drop by and see what they can do for my car. Edited 29/10/12 05:00 PM by Z2TT
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 29/10/12 09:34 PM Posted 29/10/12 09:34 PM Injectors, E85 and Cat. Best bang for your buck.
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 10d Posted 29/10/12 10:32 PM Posted 29/10/12 10:32 PM injectors + tune and know you need to save for cooler pipes is your best bet mate, should see about 280rwkw with a good tuner. Question for velocity - wouldn't you need at least a new intank pump to support e85 after that data Mick (ratter) released of the FG fuel pump barely being good enough for 98 let alone e85? Not saying your wrong just not sure. ANd obviously you wouldn't want to get below 1/4 of a tank on e85 without a surge
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 29/10/12 10:45 PM Posted 29/10/12 10:45 PM (edited) Yes intake pump and cooler pipes would need replacing too. A surge wouldnt be vital for under 300rwkw with e85.Or just buy one of those KPM twin intank pumps that wont require a surge to flow 1000hp. Edited 29/10/12 10:54 PM by _Velocity_ 1
2012 XR6 Turbo MkII Member 11 Member For: 13y 11m 18d Gender: Male Posted 30/10/12 12:22 AM Posted 30/10/12 12:22 AM (edited) Hi Guys,I'm new to the XR6 Scene...Defiantly go buy a FG 2012 turbo, get the luxury pack, but stay clear of the leather trim, due to them not being heated in winter and burn you like an egg in summer go the cloth trim, I got the dark trim and it looks greatand I took a 2008 FPV 302 for a spin and the turbo just is so much more "see ya later" so quick in response, give it a tune and cooler and geez, its sucks you in the seat just standard so I would hate to think what a dyno tune would do.......Unless you’re willing to fork out 75k and have troubles keeping it on the road, go the FG turbo..100kmh in 5.5 sec stock Edited 30/10/12 12:42 AM by tab de-capsed
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now