Which Xr6T To Buy? (Merged Topic)

Z2TT

• Member For: 12y 9m 16d

If I was in your area m8 would help ya out no worries..

Before you buy it mate take to ya closest ford or some good place that you no of..

Get them to check the diff bushs and do a engine driveline check..

That sould put you on the right track..

Ps one other thing is diff wine, turn all music off and get it up to about 90k under a little load..you will here it of its a noisy one..

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 28d

thanks mate I will do this im going to have a look at it this week sometime and do all that ... I dont trust the ford dealership down here as to a few x mates work there and blah blah so bad idea but I know a good place... I just dont want my first xr6t to be a bad one and regret it.... to a hold-en fan to go to a ford is a big step lol no really I love the shape of them ba-bf... thanks alot anything eles I should look out for ?... I cant wait to get one and post some pics and when I do my little mods and that but most of all im just keen to meet a few of the boys and girls that are "car enthusiast" not hoons!! and keen for some cruises :D

Edited by EvilDaifu
No need to quote directly above.

• Member For: 12y 9m 16d

Fair call on the ford dealership..

I own a ba xr6t and a g6et and had them both looked over under a hoist..

Make sure the heater works is one good one, have a look under the rear guards, (burnouts)..

When you turn the engine of lisen to the turbo, you should be able to hear it wine down..

If you not chaseing big number an 05 bf will be fine..

Good luck with it buddy..

• Like 1

thanks for all the help guys ill tell yous all how it went but keep throwing you're thoughts out as it helps me

Edited by EvilDaifu
No need to quote directly above.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

corey mate, you should just check some out in your local area - go for a drive in them to get a feel of what you see in the carsales ads and what is reality. I was on a budget so knew I would be getting a BA at the time I was looking (2 1/2 years ago) but I had owned 3 previous XR6s through work so had a fair idea of what a brand new one was like. When I went private - had to stick to a budget and besides - I do like the BA look. I personally think the FG drives better though - had a few FG XR6 hire cars over the last 2 years.

Here's my write up when I was looking :beerchug:

hey guys just picked up my xr6t yesterday after 12 hrs of driving ill post some pics and that in the cars and mods section ... im really happy with it and with the power s**ts all over and ss Late model camira I have drove :D that's all you see when im driving it :D

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

:hiwelcome: to the mad house mate :thumbsup:

Now come on a cruise with us when you can - check out the cruise and events section of the forum for what's happenin :drivingalong:

• Member For: 19y 5m 5d
hey guys just picked up my xr6t yesterday after 12 hrs of driving ill post some pics and that in the cars and mods section ... im really happy with it and with the power s**ts all over and ss Late model camira I have drove :D that's all you see when im driving it :D

Good stuff man! Looking forward to seeing the pics!

• Member For: 11y 11m

Hi Guys,

Well I've now owned my Blue FG XR6 Turbo for about two weeks or so.

Mine has the XR Luxury Package - which has Leather, Dual Zone Climate, Colour Screen, Premium Sound and Black Interior Trim instead of Silver.

Tech Pack - which has Bluetooth and Ipod connection. If your looking for a XR6T Try find one with these Options.

The interior layout is real nice, the seats are very comfy to sit in.

What I don't like is how the drive line behaves when you take your foot off, big clunk which seems to be common for these cars and no other car I've ever driven does this.

The engine delivers it's power very weirdly, it seems like the electronic throttle is holding back e.g you put your foot down and the car gives you power when it wants it's not direct

so it sort of masks the whole performance/response experience. it has a bit of punch at times but not responsive at all with it's Electronic Throttle System.

It has Traction Control, which seems to work OK at most, but on cold nights the car still flings sideways even with Traction on at times.

I don't know what it is, but sometimes under acceleration on the highway I feel a weird shift in the rear suspension, like the car is somehow losing traction or something

pulling to one side, it's not wheelspin though it's just some sort of squat that doesn't make it feel to comfortable.... might be just how the car drives and feels.

The car idle is substandard, you can feel the vibrations through the steering wheel and at times it drops revs. Not sure how all the other FG's Idled when I looked at them but they all seemed not to idle smooth.

Other than that the way the car drives and handles is very nice, Road feel is good and can take corners so good for a heavy car.

Edited by Z2TT