Which Xr6T To Buy? (Merged Topic)

Z2TT

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Hi Guys,

Ended up getting a FG XR6T. Goes good, seems to be very progressive in way it drives. but power delivery is kinda weird. If you plant it from a take off, it doesn't give a rush of torque

from the start, it sort of comes on 2 seconds after. Also when cruising and plant your foot, it doesn't pin you to the seat e.g the turbo boost I would have expected that for a big cube and turbo,

but it comes on later, I had DSC off too but still is there some sort of factory limiter that doesn't give you the max power right after it kicks down a gear?

It also seems to kick down pretty slow, e.g you dont feel it kicking down it sort of makes noise and then goes fast.... is this just how they've tuned the car for smoothness from factory?

Other than that without being picky, it is quite quick but it seems that the ECU seems to control how power is delivered, e.g brings it on progressivly or whether the ECU controls the throttle?

e.g doesn't open it wide open right away to avoid any sudden power surges, but to make it feel more like a cruiser? Is there some hidden mode that can be turned off or something like a Valet mode?

Love the interior and way it handles and drives just getting used to how the power comes on, getting used to all the controls/buttons.

Thanks for all the Advice.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 3d

when you do some mods and get it tuned the auto will respond much better, plus factory= low boost and retarded timing. will be night and day once tuned for performance, not economy/ emissions/ noise...

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 25d

Don't get a VE, I've had a worked VX SS,a stock VY Calais LS1, VZ SSZ ute & my stock FG XR6T sh*ts all over them all!

Three simple words is all you need to no. Smooth! Quick & Comfy!

Try find something with low k's & has been obviously looked after, if its been factory optioned then even better.

Mine is Aug 2011 MK1 non driven demo from with only 97kms on it, luxury pack consisting of leather, 19s, dual climate & premium audio. $8000 cheaper than brand new!

The ZF's are into the 10s now so I wouldn't be stressing about them either!

Worked ZFs have cracked into the high 9s now.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 23d

Yeah, I just picked up an fg xr6t with ZF a few weeks ago too. 2011 with 12,000kms. Hasn't even been registered a full year. Ex ford executives car. For 30k. Huge savings on new. Extremely happy with the car. Very solid, smooth, quite and fast. Much better than I actually thought to be honest.

• Like 1