masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 26/03/18 04:19 AM Posted 26/03/18 04:19 AM @Conversion xr6t ignore all of us pricks. We just trying to work out if you can take the banter. As mentioned, there is a lot of reading available on this forum. The BA motors are weaker than the others. They generally make it to 300rwkw with basic mods. When you want to go over those figures, then things get interesting. now unless you want a project car and you want to do all the work of building an engine, you are better off selling the BA and buying an BF MK2 and modding that. it will work out cheaper and you will have less headaches. have fun and enjoy the skids.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 26/03/18 04:44 AM Posted 26/03/18 04:44 AM I like skids ........
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 26/03/18 04:45 AM Posted 26/03/18 04:45 AM Ohh I know you do, especially around corners at the lights.... 1
Conversion xr6t Member 61 Member For: 8y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/03/18 05:57 AM Author Posted 26/03/18 05:57 AM Thanks guys it’s just I already have these cars and have 2 years to build my xr6t is written off and my bros standard xr6 now my motor is only at 135thou I am wanting to build the engine over time not rich at all just trying to make it to the track with my dream I will just look around on the site if you guys are over answering questions but are the only difference between ba and mk2 bf ?...valves, valve springs, con rods ,and trans ..?
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 26/03/18 06:07 AM Posted 26/03/18 06:07 AM Sometimes when Iam asleep I dream.....
Conversion xr6t Member 61 Member For: 8y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/03/18 06:26 AM Author Posted 26/03/18 06:26 AM So yes I want to build my engine always dreamed off it wen I sleep ? I mainly need to know is the block the same as the bf ??
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/03/18 06:30 AM Posted 26/03/18 06:30 AM the "block" is, yes, but the connecting rods change in BF2 (June 2006 onwards) to the same ones used in the BA F6's which are slightly stronger than BA. Nothing else changes, that I know of. The BF2 XR6T also gets a ZF 6-speed gearbox, BA F6 and BF 1/2 XR6T/F6 have the T56 in the manual versions. 1
Conversion xr6t Member 61 Member For: 8y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/03/18 06:36 AM Author Posted 26/03/18 06:36 AM So should I get rid off my 4sp or build it and thankyou I like your answers
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/03/18 06:39 AM Posted 26/03/18 06:39 AM the 4speed BTR can be built cheaper than other options and requires constant maintenance to run at over 400rwkw... but if you want to go with an old-school tried and true method of powerglide or th400 then you can spend between 8 and 15k getting one built and installed. 1
Conversion xr6t Member 61 Member For: 8y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/03/18 08:26 AM Author Posted 26/03/18 08:26 AM Do you know what the built 4sp can do and still remain healthy ?? My friends dad works at kpm I know they know what there doing but I’ve also been told bad things has any one here heard good or bad about them
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now