Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 22/06/13 03:38 PM Posted 22/06/13 03:38 PM It's not a farking saying either...makes no friggin sense what so eva.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/06/13 10:15 PM Posted 22/06/13 10:15 PM ive just deleted one post of his with his little tag line in it...... it takes him a whole lot longer to type the words than it does for me to click "delete"
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 07/07/13 04:22 AM Posted 07/07/13 04:22 AM Anywhooooo - back to oil.Used the Liqui Moly Engine Detox and went with Nulon 10 - 40 oil (the aussie flag on the label helped me decide)Cheersthanks for the advice ppl
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 07/07/13 08:39 AM Posted 07/07/13 08:39 AM Should I go a thicker oil with my BA having ticked over 200k or just stick with the usual recommended ones?
spinr33 Legacy Donating Member 964 Member For: 15y 1m 15d Posted 07/07/13 08:53 AM Posted 07/07/13 08:53 AM Anywhooooo - back to oil.Used the Liqui Moly Engine Detox and went with Nulon 10 - 40 oil (the aussie flag on the label helped me decide)Cheersthanks for the advice pplHow much sh*t came out and sooty black lumpiness lol ?
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 07/07/13 08:58 AM Posted 07/07/13 08:58 AM Oil on the dipstick seemed clean enough but once she had been running with the flush in it, well the stuff obviously works as what came out was definately "dirty oil"Well worth $25 1
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/07/13 10:20 AM Posted 07/07/13 10:20 AM Should I go a thicker oil with my BA having ticked over 200k or just stick with the usual recommended ones?Mines had a tick coming from I think the bottom end for kn'ages only seems to come about when the motor is up to temp. not to mention the amount of water I get in the catch can (eflex) thinning out the oil.. only thing that has stopped going thicker is the relief cct on the oil pump hasn't been done yet so I believe that the thicker oil might give me grief in regards to extra oil pres...?Could be way off
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 07/07/13 11:59 PM Posted 07/07/13 11:59 PM I should have phrased that a little better. No ticking noise in mine. Was talking more about the fact I have notched up over 200,000kms.
MikeT36 Member 77 Member For: 13y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/07/13 06:27 AM Posted 08/07/13 06:27 AM You'd have better success doing a filter at 5000k's and oil at 10000k's rather than the other way around.This is what the royal purple tech guys recommended. I have been using RP for 30000k's now and it was the only oil that did anything to help the cold rattle from the forged pistons.I rate it highly. I also run RP syncromax in the T56. Noiser rollover at idle but awesome shift quality! Ralph can you please explain this talk about rollover?
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 08/07/13 08:11 AM Posted 08/07/13 08:11 AM Its the standard noise that the T56 (and some other manual boxes) have when just sitting idle. People sometimes think there is something wrong with gearbox when it is just rollover.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now