towsw001 Member 67 Member For: 14y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 31/10/12 10:36 AM Posted 31/10/12 10:36 AM (edited) I did search this post and rest of the forum but cant find a definite answer....Would going from stock 18inch wheels to 19 inch or 20 inch effect the speedo?I read it does but because it starts a little out of whack the bigger rolling diameter brings it closer to actual speed.Also read somewhere before that its auto-recalibatred as its sensed at the ABS, which doesnt make sense to me as its still a bigger RD.Im most likely getting 19s in the next couple weeks and love to set my speedo on 103km/h, plus being a perfectionistSorry if its been covered but theres 37 pages of this...And if it does, which im assuming it does, that ford and or tune can reset it on the comp? Edited 31/10/12 10:38 AM by towsw001
cizzink11 Member 352 Member For: 14y 2m Gender: Male Posted 31/10/12 10:47 AM Posted 31/10/12 10:47 AM going from 19" with 35 profile tire to a 20" with a 35 profile isn't enough to worry about. You probably wont even notice it.You will have sensor problems if your rolling diameter is different front to back
mummba Member 525 Member For: 16y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 31/10/12 11:44 AM Posted 31/10/12 11:44 AM going from 19" with 35 profile tire to a 20" with a 35 profile isn't enough to worry about. You probably wont even notice it.You will have sensor problems if your rolling diameter is different front to backthe profile is dependant on the width of your tyre, but a 19/245/35 and a 20/245/30 are similar
cizzink11 Member 352 Member For: 14y 2m Gender: Male Posted 31/10/12 12:02 PM Posted 31/10/12 12:02 PM A lot of people opt for the 35 profile in the 20 as 30 is skimming the barrel when it comes to pot holes, sharp drive ways etc.
TRA1NR Pitlane Member Legacy Donating Member 2,886 Member For: 19y 5m Gender: Male Location: Pakenham, Victoria Posted 31/10/12 12:47 PM Posted 31/10/12 12:47 PM (edited) At my ride height a 245/35 rubs in the front where as a 245/30 does not. Something else to think about. And I think the ride is better with my current wheels and 30's all round as apposed to the previous 35 up front and 30 rear. although that could be a combination of tyre type & wheel quality also. Edited 31/10/12 12:48 PM by TRA1NR
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 12d Posted 31/10/12 09:55 PM Posted 31/10/12 09:55 PM I did search this post and rest of the forum but cant find a definite answer....Would going from stock 18inch wheels to 19 inch or 20 inch effect the speedo?I read it does but because it starts a little out of whack the bigger rolling diameter brings it closer to actual speed.Also read somewhere before that its auto-recalibatred as its sensed at the ABS, which doesnt make sense to me as its still a bigger RD.Im most likely getting 19s in the next couple weeks and love to set my speedo on 103km/h, plus being a perfectionistSorry if its been covered but theres 37 pages of this...And if it does, which im assuming it does, that ford and or tune can reset it on the comp?Yes it will be out. On 19's with 245/35 my speedo was just off but overstating so when doing 102 on the speedo I was doing 100. Now on 225/35r20's and 255/35r20's speedo says I'm doing 102 and I'm doing 106. Not a big deal, but something to keep an eye on.Ps I didn't realise you were rubbing with your 245/35's trainer? Was that on the guard or upper control arm? What offset? I want to try put 245/35 on next but was worried about scrubbing
96ET Member 62 Member For: 13y 11m 14d Gender: Male Posted 31/10/12 10:48 PM Posted 31/10/12 10:48 PM Hi can someone please recommend a brand and make of street semi slicks for 19" rims ?I want to get some rims soon and would like to use street semi slicks.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 01/11/12 01:02 AM Posted 01/11/12 01:02 AM Guys,Im looking at wheels for my FGII GS sedan lowered on SSL fronts and SSSL rears.I would like 20x9 on the front and 20x10 or 10.5 on the rear.The offsets available for the front are +20, +32The offsets available for the rear are +45 for the 10" and 10.5" Will the fronts be too wide offset and rub?Are the rear offsets too far in?
TRA1NR Pitlane Member Legacy Donating Member 2,886 Member For: 19y 5m Gender: Male Location: Pakenham, Victoria Posted 01/11/12 02:34 AM Posted 01/11/12 02:34 AM Yes it will be out. On 19's with 245/35 my speedo was just off but overstating so when doing 102 on the speedo I was doing 100. Now on 225/35r20's and 255/35r20's speedo says I'm doing 102 and I'm doing 106. Not a big deal, but something to keep an eye on.Ps I didn't realise you were rubbing with your 245/35's trainer? Was that on the guard or upper control arm? What offset? I want to try put 245/35 on next but was worried about scrubbingYes mate, +32's, rubbed on the inner guard at the front, on full lock and when I hit big bumps. With the 30's I have not had either, and they are a +25.
towsw001 Member 67 Member For: 14y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 01/11/12 02:57 AM Posted 01/11/12 02:57 AM Thanks guys. Would suck if you got done 106 in 100 zone though. So that's confirmed Ford could re calibrate? If so anyone know how much?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now