Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 2m 11d
Posted

Hey guys, I've been collecting parts for a few months for factory stock f6 mk2 manual 52,000kms. I'm just after people opinions on what power I should be asking for once I send it to tune shop for fitment of parts and retune.

 

mods will be as follows on STOCK motor:

 

-GTX4202

-6boost exhaust manifold

-Bosch 2000lb injectors (came with turbo)

-Plazmaman 1000hp Intercooler kit

-Plazmaman dual Bosch 044 surge tank

-upgraded in-tank pump

-Plazmaman 4" intake and battery Relo

-Valve springs (if recommended)

-4" dump/high flow cat (stock cat back currently) 

-New clutch (if recommended)

 

**Plus any my other crucial mods people can point me towards at same time..

 

I'm confident it can go into the low 400s quite safely, as it's just a street car driven once or twice a week on days off. But is there a rough power figure I should be staying under for the tune for peace of mind?

 

I'm not interested in getting motor built any time in foreseeable future, but how crucial is an upgraded oil pump once hitting 400+kw?? And is it a motor out job for a professional?

 

thanks in advance!

  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 4m 13d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: Radioactive wasteland
Posted (edited)

You'll piss 400 in. 

I would hold off and do pump gears and valve springs new clutch (twin plate) tail shaft and billet axles then let it rip. 

Have a look through jeturbo's tuning thread. Last page there's an f6 there very similar to what you've got. 

 

Edited by ROB83R
  • Like 1
  • XR50T
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Western Sydney
Posted

Lol at 400, will do mid 500 with that turbo.

  • Like 3
  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 2m 11d
Posted

Cheers Rob, I'll take a look at Jeturbos thread and grab some ideas mate. Every little bit helps, because I wanted all the parts aquired first so I only have to pay for one tune instead of taking it back multiple times ?..

 

and Ozy haha yeah mate, I know the turbo can go harder but I don't want to be picking up pieces when the bottom end goes bang, that's all ?

  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 4m 13d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: Radioactive wasteland
Posted

You won't blow the bottom end of its tuned right.

just everything around it will break.  

Where are you from Josh? 

 

  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 2m 11d
Posted

Just suss about damaging any part of the motor to be honest.. Expensive car to play silly buggers with. The tuner I'm going to did a great job with my last car and are one of the best in the business I'd say. 

 

I'm assuming the factory clutch will give way half way thru the tune if I run with it.. What brand is a well priced twin plate clutch replacement? 

 

I'm from Picton area NSW south west of Sydney. 

  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 4m 13d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: Radioactive wasteland
Posted

Only up the road from me. 

Are you going to use Joe at CMS? 

Heaps of guys from here have used him and quite frankly he's the best. 

NPC twin plate. 

Jets looking he might chime in if you ask nicely. 

  • Like 2
  • skids
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, JoshF6 said:

Just suss about damaging any part of the motor to be honest..

 

 

It really depends how you intend to drive your car as to whether you damage the motor. 

 

would definitely do the oil pump or if money doesn't permit I'd just take it easy........I dont know how I could 'take it easy' in a 500kw manual barra turbo though myself hahahhaha

 

Edited by johnxr6t
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...