Fg f6 mods and tune query..

JoshF6

• Member For: 7y 9m 7d

Fitted the Plaz cooler kit, battery Relo and 4" intake. Bit of a stuff around with the cooler piping, but got there in the end! 

Car is booked in at JEM for remaining mods and tune November 8th.

Sticking with the stock turbo until sometime next year, so I can save a bit of Moolah up to get more internal supporting mods upgraded to get potential out of that bigger setup. 

So for now will just get the fuel system & turbo mods done and aim for 400 on 98. 

image_zps8wroxvhl.jpeg

image_zps4ixxcx2e.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Update on the F6, dropped it off at CMS Prestons on Monday for oil pump gears, in-tank pump, surge tank, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, kpm 1000cc injectors,  flash tuner, 12psi actuator, 11 blade wheel turbo conversion, flapper mod and dyno tune. 

Probably gonna be a stupid hot day when it's on the dyno, but see what happens on BP98

• Like 6

Ok so got the car back on Friday arvo. 

Was a bit deflated when when I got the power figure, but driving it since has been a blast! Comes on hard and keeps powering through the rev range. 

Made 342rwkw and 939nm. 

Joe got it upto 380rwkw at 18psi, but the valve springs were letting go pretty bad at that range, so he pulled it back. Plus it was a stinker of a day in the dyno room I was told.

At current power level car is smooth and runs perfect :) and I'll get the valve springs sorted in a few months and retune. Dyno graph attached hopefully

IMG_6480.JPG

Edited by JoshF6
  • Like 1

• Member For: 10y 6m 29d

You had the whole motor apart and you didn't put a set of valve springs in it?

be aware, I think I could probably get you close - ish to that price for new through Atomic !

$1000 for brand new atomic rods and Pistons?? Sign me up for 3 sets...

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 28d

Said "close-ish" and yes I can get close to that with my pricing xD 

He hasn't had the whole engine apart yet for the rotating assembly  ....but factory valve springs were definitely going to show their weakness at that mid 300 zone

still a good amount of power to kick off with   josh :) 

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, pretty damn happy with it for the power figure. They barely open the engine up to swap out pump gears and I wouldn't have had an issue supplying the valve springs if they thought they were a good idea, but it seems to be Russian roulette what power they withstand.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 28d

Yeh my last tuned F6 with factory springs only went 356rwkw @ 17.5psi before float 

swopped springs only and rolled up 366rwkw on the same tune 

chit happens and they are all different but you have some simple mods to do and ull be nudging the 400 no worries ;) 

• Like 1