Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m

@Puffwagon yer I was going to grab something over the black friday sales, but the one I was going to get needed a higher power supply. so had to abandon ship.

so now I need to find something less power hungry, poo. maybe by boxing day sales.

been playing the new cod, and hovering around 60 fps and lots of screen tearing hahah

Edited by bossmang

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 27d

Just picked up this bad boy because my GPU died after I attempted to put liquid metal on it. Expensive mistake 🤣😭

6700xt, 650W psu recommendation isn't too bad. And can game at 1440p! All for $600

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/graphics-cards/amd/88759-11306-02-20g?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4aacBhCUARIsAI55maFKet4jfkDyTgxpVnzPLc2oVWos4gb8d-dizAa3brvHAvpdbY9zC_waAp9IEALw_wcB

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 27d
11 hours ago, bossmang said:

lots of screen tearing

Enable vsync, it should take care of that. Also if your current monitor has a 60 Hz refresh rate, set your maximum fps to 60 in the game settings.

11 hours ago, biddie_fiddler said:

I attempted to put liquid metal on it

I put liquid metal on the shunts on my 1080ti and also the cooler and it worked out pretty good, could oc to the moon. I guess you got some on the transistors around the core and it said nope?

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

@Puffwagontbh I'm not entirely sure. The card did have some issues previously but it was mainly driver issues. I was very careful and didn't get any on the capacitors around the GPU die. 

I actually used super glue to protect them, just in case, and sg is not supposed to be conducive or cause interference. Maybe it was pure coincidence but I doubt it. The more I try to clean around the capacitors the worse it's getting. Now it just blue screens on every startup. Lesson learnt! Will use a different method on the new one ;)

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 27d

Could be that you misplaced a memory thermal pad and it overheats? Worth checking the marks on them to find out.

This might sound silly but you can remove the cooler and run the card through the dishwasher. It will clean the fark out of it and after it's completely dry you can assemble it and give it another crack. At this point you've probably got nothing to lose and the dishwasher method is actually very common amongst overclockers.

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

I have to completely remove the super glue off the die before I can do that. I'm not fussed, getting an upgrade now 🤷‍♂️😂

I didn't touch the thermal pads at all! Temps are fantastic! And it crashes on the desktop so it's not to do with it being loaded. It's gotta be something else

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
8 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Enable vsync, it should take care of that. Also if your current monitor has a 60 Hz refresh rate, set your maximum fps to 60 in the game settings.

I dont think vsync existed when I bought this pc stuff back in the day lol

screen is set to 60hz 

Edited by bossmang

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members

yep went and looked now it was off so turned it on and see how we go. thanks puff. 

every other graffix setting is on very low hahah the game looks so sh*t 😞