Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted (edited)

I AM NOT RUNNING THIS GROUP) BUY - just spreading the word.

 

So I've been made aware (cheers Ralph) of a group buy for this bit of kit:

http://www.independentmotorsports.com.au/ford-tuning-2/ba-bf-fg-diff-hat-upgrade-kit/

 

Quote

The DIY Kit has been designed for easy installation, but please note you will require some basic welding skills due to the old mount needing to be removed from the cross-member & welding the supplied brackets on to the cross-member.  You will also be required to remove one mount from the floor of the vehicle (which will no longer be needed).  No measuring is required, as once the diff is bolted back into the cradle, it will locate itself (please see below photos).  The fitment of the kit (cradle already out) should take no longer than 1 hour to complete.

 

...so basically get a decent mechanic to do it if you aren't able to glue metal together yourself.

 

 

I am looking at buying one myself and was wondering about starting a group buy here but looks like we can tag along on this one.

 

From what I've read on the facebook group the deal is $800 PLUS POSTAGE if they get 10 buyers, looks like they are up to 6 already.  You save $100 on RRP.

 

Anyone else interested in joining?  

 

Group buy closes on the 6th of May.

 

Facebook group is closed but I applied and was accepted in like a minute.  

 

Links:

The official event for the group buy as far as I can tell:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1124144514292067/?active_tab=posts

 

Group I was linked to originally

https://www.facebook.com/groups/240579886077348/permalink/775609125907752/

 

 

 

 

 

10750304_10154883689115055_5517926321361

 

Edited by -Stever-
  • WOT?
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Frankston, 3199
Posted

I saw that on the FB group - are you able to give me a quick rundown of why I might need one?

  • WOT?
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Frankston, 3199
Posted

Ah - just replaced :(

  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Because never replace again.

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Yeah thanks to Aidan for originally spotting it!  I'd only just been chatting to Luke about these the other day and he forwarded on the message.

 

 

I'm sure there's a thread or two on this site that has a post about benefits of it...can anyone find the post?

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
  1. Replaces Poor Diff Bush design
  2. Supports the diff on four points and stops is rotating along the drive shaft axis due to torque and loading up the LH inner cv and LH front bush
  3. Doesn't use super hard durometer bushes so does the above with minimal NVH increase (stripes likes this)

Put it this way, I've made a name for myself and quite a bit of kesh over the years replacing diff bushes and If I hadn't just dumped a heap of cash in wheels/tyres/turbo/some new tuning gear I'd be snapping this up in a heartbeat.

 

If any WA peps go ahead I've got all the gear to install these units so hit me up.

  • Like 4
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Queensland
Posted (edited)

Definately a must any turbo charged Falcon.  I took my wiring guy for a drive the other day and he was amazed at how quiet the car was. All this with the added security of having to never remove the IRS cradle again. Love live IMS, ya bloody legends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 1
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted (edited)

Quick search found a few threads, this one might be the one I'm thinking of

 

Also these posts also by XRSEXT

 

Edited by -Stever-

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...