FG-X Sprint leak

.Stripes.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m
17 minutes ago, -Stever- said:

Wish I didn't buy land then build a house.  Like to think I would have put a deposit down on an XR6 Turbo Sprint.

Not really, houses are good I guess.

House is a far better option than a car. When you get older you have many houses and many cars

• Like 2

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 3d

Hope I have petrol to run said cars!

• Member For: 10y 5m 7d

im interested to know the nitty gritty about the Barra325. Wonder if it is infact different to to fg f6 donk. Did they just use f6 Injectors, hope they didnt use the f6 cooler...if the internals are any different. Turbo even? How aggressive the tune is, and its power delivery, may not just be 15kw peak it could be fatter else where...they have given it more tyre, I have a feeling its going to be the quickest falcon ever despite it's apparent power disadvantage, they have pretty much done all the things we would do when modifying one, without going power mad of course

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 3d

If they stuck a half decent cooler in there it would be awesome.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

just what I heard, nothing solid yet...

GT-F sold out (some to dealers to price-hike, admittedly) well before they were even spec'd completely.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 5d
1 hour ago, barnz said:

im interested to know the nitty gritty about the Barra325. Wonder if it is infact different to to fg f6 donk. Did they just use f6 Injectors, hope they didnt use the f6 cooler...if the internals are any different. Turbo even? How aggressive the tune is, and its power delivery, may not just be 15kw peak it could be fatter else where...they have given it more tyre, I have a feeling its going to be the quickest falcon ever despite it's apparent power disadvantage, they have pretty much done all the things we would do when modifying one, without going power mad of course

Following quote taken from Caradvice story on the Falcon Sprint:

For the turbocharged 4.0-litre XR6 Turbo Sprint, power is now up a huge 55kW and 43Nm to a new 325kW at 6000rpm, and torque peaks at 576Nm at 2750rpm. With the 10-second short-burst Overboost function in play, that climbs to 370kW and 650Nm.

Tricks at work in the XR6 Turbo Sprint include pilfering the FPV F6’s turbo and injectors, but there’s also a larger intercooler, a lower-positioned airbox, enlarged air intake design, and a unique calibration to the engine and six-speed automatic transmission (no manual with this one)

Original article here: http://www.caradvice.com.au/414656/2016-ford-falcon-xr8-sprint-xr6-sprint-turbo-revealed-limited-build-run-big-power/

• Like 1