turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Gender: Male Posted 28/08/15 12:10 AM Posted 28/08/15 12:10 AM I think Jet has gone on holiday!!I don't use livelink much. I just use the datalogging that HP has. That is all I need for what I do.
rollex Member 683 Member For: 12y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: Australia Posted 28/08/15 12:17 AM Posted 28/08/15 12:17 AM The datalogging seems pretty good in livelink. I think I'm understandin the difference between the variables, some can only be polled via the slower speed datalogging methods with lower resolution.Trying to figure out the best way to datalog knock, think I'll need to better understand how the spark adder is calculated as that will most likely tell me what the "knock" is.Found that in my old tune (before I got it retuned with sct) they had turned knock retard down to a max of 3 degrees.... boost map looks really odd as well which explains why the boost was improved so much when I got it retuned.
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Gender: Male Posted 28/08/15 02:49 AM Posted 28/08/15 02:49 AM At the rate you are going, you will be a pro in no time.Just play with it. That is the best advice I can give.Nearly everthing you need to know has been talked about on HP TUners Forum. There is one thread on HP Tuners forum you must read. It is the very first Australian Tuning thread where it was not split up into topics. It ran up untill about a yr ago then was split into topicsRead it, Some really good stuff in there. I reckon most of the questions to your answers will be in that forum.
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Gender: Male Posted 28/08/15 02:57 AM Posted 28/08/15 02:57 AM I pinpointed the thread on the hp tuners forum. Don't know if you can get onto from herehttp://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?22069-Ford-tuning-in-AUS/page44
rollex Member 683 Member For: 12y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: Australia Posted 28/08/15 03:06 AM Posted 28/08/15 03:06 AM Awesome, thanks for that.
rollex Member 683 Member For: 12y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: Australia Posted 28/08/15 08:47 AM Posted 28/08/15 08:47 AM What PID can I log knock with in livelink? If I load all variables for my strategy after validation there are no knock variables left. All I can seem to log is spark adder?Are there other PIDs that don't show up in the database that I could log?
rollex Member 683 Member For: 12y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: Australia Posted 28/08/15 12:03 PM Posted 28/08/15 12:03 PM (edited) Something else, the intake air temperatures seem to drop when I get on boost. Even on the freeway when my speed is already up they always seem to drop after a pull. The only time they go up is idling or cruising after a big pull.I thought the turbo compressing the air would always increase the air temperature due to compression? The only answer I have is the IAT sensor is before the turbo, as higher speed and lower pressure (vacuum in the intake when on boost) results in lower temperature. Someone told me the IAT sensor is part of the MAP sensor and is in the manifold, if so why does the IAT drop when on boost? Edited 28/08/15 12:03 PM by rollex
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,110 Member For: 18y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/08/15 12:05 PM Posted 28/08/15 12:05 PM An intercooler is more effective (hugely so) with air flow over/through it... so the faster you go (for a front-mount intercooler, of course), the more effective the cooler is... this could be counteracting the compression effects of the turbocharger, while at idle the intercooler is doing basically nothing so you get close to whatever the turbo is spitting out (especially if you've let hte car sit and idle for a while which has heat soaked the system)
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 28/08/15 12:36 PM Posted 28/08/15 12:36 PM at cruise speeds there is not much air consumption so the air in the cooler is getting cooled for longer, when accelerating this cold air will pass into the manifold, past the IAT sensor and drop the temps
rollex Member 683 Member For: 12y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: Australia Posted 28/08/15 01:07 PM Posted 28/08/15 01:07 PM (edited) IAT seems to have an inverse relationship with vehicle speed and almost nothing to do with boost level at all... learn something new everyday!Just to confirm, the IAT sensor is DEFINITELY after the turbo right? It isn't sitting in the intake piping?? Edited 28/08/15 01:12 PM by rollex
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now