BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 29d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 12/03/15 11:48 AM Posted 12/03/15 11:48 AM (edited) Don't forget to unplud the TC (under the back seat - I think) as the wiring goes through the blade Edited 12/03/15 11:48 AM by BenDoCo 1
04LTRB Member 319 Member For: 13y 11m 14d Posted 12/03/15 12:21 PM Posted 12/03/15 12:21 PM Is there a replacement bush an arm I can do instead of jus the bush
xpl0sive Member 421 Member For: 17y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/03/15 01:42 PM Posted 12/03/15 01:42 PM Or if you drive your car hard. I destroyed the factory control blade bushes in my GT just from my FPV drive day...granted there may have been a bit of this involved:https://youtu.be/eUxXG9lBMvshaha that's awesome. This will do it too...it was just more of a heads up to those who have done a lot of K's in their cars to get them checked out as they'd most likely be rooted. FWIW, my car has done 80, 000km and they were gone.Don't forget to unplud the TC (under the back seat - I think) as the wiring goes through the bladeAh yes, forgot about that! You're right, the cables run under the back seat on each side. You unplug then push the rubber grommet through the hole and pull the cable out.
xpl0sive Member 421 Member For: 17y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/03/15 01:49 PM Posted 12/03/15 01:49 PM Is there a replacement bush an arm I can do instead of jus the bushYeah mate Whiteline do one:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-WHITELINE-FPV-XR6-TURBO-XR8-BA-BF-FG-REAR-CONTROL-ARMS-SY-BLADE-ARMS-/261784722050?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3cf395da82A few people in this thread have used them and seem happy. Would be cheaper than buying a set of Superpro ones and getting them fitted.
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 12/03/15 03:35 PM Posted 12/03/15 03:35 PM Noob question but are there any symptoms for worn out rear control blade bushes
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 12/03/15 03:52 PM Posted 12/03/15 03:52 PM I recall when I had mine replaced with SP ones not too long ago it felt better under power, tighter. Maybe less clunks but hard to remember. I remember really liking the improvement though!
XRSEXT Member 235 Member For: 14y 2m 9d Gender: Male Posted 12/03/15 09:52 PM Posted 12/03/15 09:52 PM (edited) I have the whiteline ones in, definite improvement over stock, very happy with them, I have a fair bit of whiteline gear in my car, great stuff they have Edited 12/03/15 09:53 PM by XRSEXT
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 12/03/15 10:45 PM Posted 12/03/15 10:45 PM Yeah I have a new occasional small clunk/noise when doing light take off in stop start traffic. Doesn't happen all the time...can sometimes hear a rattle too. This happened after installing rear swaybar + wholesale suspension rear pins (so not sure if coincidence or whether the knobs didn't tighten it properly?). Thought clunk may be bush related (noise sounds like coming from rear left) and rattle from rear right (thought maybe loose swaybar pins?). Guess I'll take it to suspension eggspurts when I get the time/money.Cheers 1
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 13/03/15 06:15 AM Posted 13/03/15 06:15 AM Did you check to see if the washers in the link pins kit fit in nicely or if they were too thick? Details are in my build thread about that and Senna_T's for sale thread about them. I needed to file them down as they were thicker than the part of the car they sit in (rear arms or whatever), so tightening up still leaves them with rattle room. 1
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 13/03/15 06:27 AM Posted 13/03/15 06:27 AM (edited) ^ what Steve said, I had to grind mine down when fitting them to my FG XR6T to stop them clunking. Edited 13/03/15 06:28 AM by .Stripes. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now