Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

My research suggests the black colour is a lower duromaeter hardness so less harsh than the run of the mill red nolathane/pedders.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 12y 3m 23d
Posted

My research suggests the black colour is a lower duromaeter hardness so less harsh than the run of the mill red nolathane/pedders.

I'm sure I read on another forum that the whiteline one was the same hardness as nolathane, just black pigment. Nevertheless, I have installed whiteline control blade bushes in a BF XR6 and they are quite reasonable. I'm actually tempted to use superpro next time just to compare.

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

My research suggests the black colour is a lower duromaeter hardness so less harsh than the run of the mill red nolathane/pedders.

I'm sure I read on another forum that the whiteline one was the same hardness as nolathane, just black pigment. Nevertheless, I have installed whiteline control blade bushes in a BF XR6 and they are quite reasonable. I'm actually tempted to use superpro next time just to compare.

So I thought I would attempt to back up the information given to me by a nolatane sales rep with some info from the Whiteline Tech dept, turns out I need to retract my previous statement (below from Whiteline)

"We own Whiteline & Nolathane brands, the two are the same design although colour differs."

So now I am stuck when it comes to choosing diff bushes SP are a known quantity but do have issues at higher hp levels (unless going to soilds) So I either take a gamble and go for whiteline/nolathane or get Toads to pull his finger out and let me install his independant motorsport dual bush setup so I can see what the NVH increase is like with it.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 4m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOR Perth
Posted

Oh...so I (but really the Pedders guy) was right :P

I have nolathane in my FG diff...cant say I noticed any NVH...but I have other noises that takes most of my attention lol

So my opinion probably isn't very accurate :/

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Ralph, thoughts on this? is this the same kit? XRSEXT says it's quiet! Do want (pie in the sky)

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/90068-rear-end-upgrade/#entry1529369

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

same kit mate. Brendan has one to fit to his car so hopefully some real world feed back at some stage

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Queensland
Posted

So now I am stuck when it comes to choosing diff bushes SP are a known quantity but do have issues at higher hp levels (unless going to soilds) So I either take a gamble and go for whiteline/nolathane or get Toads to pull his finger out and let me install his independant motorsport dual bush setup so I can see what the NVH increase is like with it.

I installed my Independant Motorsport diff hat late last week. I should be able to provide some feedback in a few weeks time.

  • Like 1
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

same kit mate. Brendan has one to fit to his car so hopefully some real world feed back at some stage

All I see are pictures of him holding huge fish and taking selfies with dolphins over the side of the boat hahaha :)

  • Like 1
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I know, his centre of focus has shifted......who knows I might score another epic Toad hand me down?.......I have the TIG primed and ready.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 1m 20d
Posted

Im with you on the superpro ralf... had changed them in my last skyline..was a vast improvement on the pedders (red ranger) generics...man theyre nasty... ive actually got the red rangers in my front lower control arms...think its time to change them to superpro.

I only went to Witeline with the control blades as it was a straight replacement arm....no pressing involved. Do Superpro do a replacement arm??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...