HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 22d

http://www.wolfems.com.au/products/reluctor-1-single-channel

Also the sensor Haltech are supplying is a honey well gt1 gear tooth sensor. Aprox $80 from rs components. Avaliable in a long version that should fit the ford timing case.

Keep in mind the barra already has a 36 minus 1 crank trigger so it should only be a matter of getting the correct signal output for the ecu.

Excellent info, as always. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I get back home next Wednesday and I hope to hook straight into the wiring of the engine management system, My man Scotty, has found all the required plugs and pins at www.efihardware.com. So we've decided to make a new harness's for everything... Motec plugs will be used on both the engine and ignition harnesses, to make engine removal easier.

We're now going to get rid of the throttle body spacer and the 3 bar Bosch map sensor. We're now going to use a "TI 5 bar map sensor" instead. We're also going to install a air temp sensor into the boost sensor location on the Plazmaman cold side piping. As luck has it, I still have the complete standard engine on a engine stand. This is going to really save my back, as we'll use it to dummy the harness up.

I'm really starting to get excited about getting it all wired up and running. It seems that the closer that I get, the further that I move the goal posts away... Given the time and money put into the project, I think that I'm going to delay any further development, until after the new year. So, the sequential shifter for the T56, will have until then... I will keep you all updated on our progress and results.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to spend a bit of time on the dash mount today. It still need a little bit of minor work, but it is pretty close to being ready to make the plug.....

20151222_190858_zpswffmhplt.jpg

20151222_190915_zpsfpjbavhz.jpg

20151222_190907_zpsxq3vkagv.jpg

• Like 1

That looks awesome! Nice skillz. Looks like its going to sit ontop of the ignition cover...area..?

Yes. It is has been grafted onto the top steering column cover. With any luck, I will have it finished tomorrow and have half of the plug made..

• 3 weeks later...

I've been pretty slack with working in the car, as I have been spending time with my daughter. That combined with having my wiring guy only working on the car a few days of his R&R, has led to little progress..

As mentioned in another thread, I have installed the coils in the plenum under the windscreen. It was one of those jobs that you soon regret taking on. But, I got there in the end. New leads and plugs have been ordered and should arrive tomorrow, so I'll be dummy fitting the garnish and drilling it to accomodate them. I spent almost two hours walking around a wrecker, trying to find a rubber grommet that will work with the setup. Just another one of those things that take away from the build.... No wonder it has taken me so long to get this far....

20160107_172722_zps6qu149g3.jpg

20160107_173048_zpsnxdh5edy.jpg

I removed them a few times, to make minor adjustments and ended up cracking the screen. I'm not really stressed about it, as it needed a new one anyway..

I have finished the dash mount and it will be getting painted tomorrow. This will allow the mould to release a lot easier ans make for a nicer finish when I make the carbon part. It was a sh*tload of work, as I covered it in gel coat and sanded the whole thing, a few times. It probably wasn't really necessary and I think that I just created extra work for myself for little gain. Lesson learnt there..

Old mate will be back on Tuesday to recommence the wiring of the Haltech. He is doing an amazing job and the quality of his work is second to none. With this in mind, I really don't want to rush him and end up with an inferior product.. I will post up a few pics of this harnessing tomorrow.... I have relocated the Turbosmart boost solenoid and rerouted a few hoses as well. It all looks very nice. the 5 bar MAP sensor has arrived, so I should have all of that covered tomorrow.

I have started to fit the new 50th anniversary covers to the seats. I had to a FG XR6 rear bottom seat, as the seams for the velcro strips are in different places. It is a time consuming process, to get it all sitting nicely. but. it is well worth the extra effort. I also have to make some small modifications to the shaping of the head rests on the rear seats, as the covers a little larger in that area. So I am gluing and shaping foam to fix this issue...

Edited by HI PSI

We got some more stuff done on the car today. I dummy fitted the Nizpro garnish and marked out the position of the spark plugs, so that we can drill the holes for the coil leads. When I tensioned the bolts, I stripped a thread in the rocker cover. To avoid reoccurence, I drilled all of them out and installed helicoils. I drilled the holes for the ignition leads and found that the cover is too thick and the grommits won't fit. So, I will remove some material and post some pics tomorrow......

Nizpro%20cover%20installed_zpsh4kvy8wn.j

We got more of the wiring completed today, Here are a few pics of the my mate Scotty's work. He's doing an awesome job...

20160112_165509_zpss8g5llwd.jpg

20160112_165528_zpsanynnx60.jpg

The ignition leads, terminals and caps arrived today, I went to install the spark plug tubes, only to find that they wouldn't fit down the hole, so I had to modify them a little.. As you can see the picture below, the diameter was reduced...

20160112_170735_zpsbdxgi3lf.jpg

20160112_170812_zpssgsvs1mk.jpg

• Like 7