HI PSI

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

It's always been a toss up between motech M1/Autronic

Then Haltech came in swinging with killer pricing on their new Elite gear and features regarding can bus

I even asked if they had shaken the stigma surrounding what happened at WTA 2013/14 and the finger got pointedin other directions .... We now know where that finger is again now

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

I called my supplier to ordered the Power Select 6 and coils. While there I questioned them about the alleged crank angle sensor problem. they promptly called me around 15 minutes later and said the following:

There is a vehicle in W.A that has been having some problems with their Elite 2500. The owner has tried over 6 different crank sensors and still has not rectified the problem. The Haltech guy, stated that the wiring of the system was substandard and that they do not believe that the crank sensor to be the problem. Despite numerous requests for the owner to change the cam position sensor (Swap it out to remove doubt) and check the cam sensor wiring for continuity. The requests have been ignored, hence the problem not being rectified....

The Haltech guy did go on to say that the signal form the factory crank sensor is very weak below 1,000 rpm and has caused some problems in the past. Apparently. Haltech has made a fix for this, by running the injectors semi sequential (Don't ask me what that is ???) under 1,000 rpm. From what they were told, new firmware update has this fix.

I'm going to be running a trigger wheel anyway, so it looks like this shouldn't affect me....

Maybe some of the more tech savvy members can elaborate on what this means.......

• Gold Donating Members

It's not the signal that's being sent it's what the haltech software is doing with it once it's received

And the issue is up high rpm/load and we don't live in W.A so there's more than that going on, our car in question has had a full re wire at install time and the engine bay harness that haltech sent was a dud and pins arse about tit so that got re done

Doubts are high !!

Given your post, I called Haltech and asked to talk to a tech. Once connected, I read out what you had posted and your description of the problem. I asked him if there were any inherent problems with the elite and if there were any issues regarding crank angle sensor circuitry. He stated that there are quite a few cars getting around now running the Elite's. As far as he was aware, there is no issue.... During the call, I made it abundantly clear that I was extremely concerned of the issue that you were having.And that I would be more than happy to delay the installation and run the standard EMS, if there were an issue. With this, he continued to assure me that it was fine.

He did however say, (Something along the lines of) scaling or a kind of calibration adjustment may be required in your case... f*cks me really, I cannot remember the terms that he used...

All in all, I know that this most likely has absolute nothing to do with your case. I have openly admitted that I know little about this area, I hope that you get the issue sorted and share the fix with the forum. Installation of the Elite into the car will continue as scheduled. I'll let you know if we experience any problems...

Ls2 truck coils would have done the job you need without a Cdi unit them or aem coils would have been a better option then a cdi plus associated wiring.

Too late !! I just ordered the bloody things..... ARGHHH!! PMSL......

Edited by HI PSI

• Gold Donating Members

Ha what a joke ... So here's what they have described as a fix

The optical CAS in most new spec cars can be to "sensitive" and looks like the elite struggles with this type of input ( even though they swore black n blue it could take ANY input for trigger and it was a software issue )

Nowwwwwww there saying a elementary hall effect trigger system now needs to be used on this "one off application"

Farking B/S ... So have a guess how many coins this set up has now cost additional .... $1100

So in hindsight they need to sell the elite with an "non optional" must have hall effect CAS kit !! Bellends

There only saying this "should" fix said issue, what a joke as nearly any aftermarket ecu can be tuned with optical type sensors so there compatible with vehicle hardware and as I said the autronic/microtech/motec/link all have this selectable function .... Not haltech though

m4jjqSY.jpg

Edited by Womend Bellbat

• Gold Donating Members

Yup

Honestly I don't think haltech want me to know what I do so I'm not surprised there playing coy

I'm just being up front as I know your about to embark on the same journey that's all

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

http://www.wolfems.com.au/products/reluctor-1-single-channel

Also the sensor Haltech are supplying is a honey well gt1 gear tooth sensor. Aprox $80 from rs components. Avaliable in a long version that should fit the ford timing case.

Keep in mind the barra already has a 36 minus 1 crank trigger so it should only be a matter of getting the correct signal output for the ecu.