HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

As you ll know, fuel and induction system require upgrading when chasing power. With this in mind, I made many phone calls to suppliers and manufacturers and spent many hours reading posts, before making my decision. Armed with this information, I purchased a full Plazmaman intercooler and piping kit. The model I selected was the 1900hp intercooler and 89mm piping.

S9kN430.jpg

uEfmeNf.jpg

In regards to the induction side, I purchased a plenum lower half from Ebay and Plazmaman plenum which utilised the larger 80mm XR8 throttle body and their billet fuel rail to suit .

J1YTQyn.jpg

Soon after purchasing the Plazmaman equipment, Plazmaman released a new plenum which is similar to the Hypertune manifolds. I called Alex (from Plazmaman) and managed to negotiate the return of the previously purchased plenum and rail for a store credit. I sent it yesterday and should have their new plenum in transit when they return from their Christmas shut down period.

New plenum and rail....

UeXbVzt.jpg

Recently, I managed to find a NOS, SS Inductions 85mm billet throttle body. This will replace the previously purchased XR8 one...

uTs6wy6.jpg

vT2sz9E.jpg
tjlgAMI.jpg

vPCpXye.jpg

Unfortunately the current Process West 4" race air box will no longer be utilised, as a 5" intake is now required. At this point, I have not decided how or what I will use for it... The turbosmart plumb back BOV will be retained, as will the Process West battery relocation kit. However, I have made a new, larger battery tray as the new Odyssey battery will not fit in the standard Process West tray.
K4aPnyH.jpg

20141224_135619_zps696fb6cf.jpg

Edited by k31th
pb pics fix

Did you order pistons to increase the compression ratio, to take advantage of the E85, you will obviously be running.

Hi aaronm,

with durability in mind, primarily, the car will be run in 98 Ron, but it will occasionally spend some time on E85.

In regards to compression I am not sure of the current compression ratio, as we have had to fly cut the valve relief's due to the size of the valves.... And from what I can remember the pistons were an off the shelf items.

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Noo don't spend all this money and not go E85

You won't regret it!

Also out of curiosity why did you purchase a new f6 block and strip it down? I thought you could get a na motor from the wreckers and build that up and there wouldn't be a difference. Not trying to be rude or anything just curious.

Also great build diary mate

Now the fuel system.......

Originally, I had intended to use the 1.8l process West surge tank that is currently on the vehicle. And I had, as some of you had previously observed in my one of my pictures, had purchased another 2 x 044's to add to the system. However, I have again changed direction....

In regards to the fuel system, I decided to go with the KPM 1500hp in tank module instead rather than the new Process west external surge tank. The KPM 1500hp in tank module and FG fuel tank arrived..

DLIVI1e.jpg

imMUU2R.jpg

SAM_1968_zps28130eb8.jpg

FG fuel Tank.

A6nu8Oa.jpg

I purchased 14 meters of 5/8 and 1/2 Braided Teflon fuel line. the 5/8 line will be used to feed the FPR 2000 Fuel regulator, and the 1/2 line for the return line.

Ub5SI9M.jpg

xgCebJx.jpg

Fuel will then be delivered to the Plazmaman fuel rail and the Bosch 2200cc injectors.

DBZ0VWa.jpg

Edited by k31th
pb pics fix

You won't regret it!

Also out of curiosity why did you purchase a new f6 block and strip it down? I thought you could get a na motor from the wreckers and build that up and there wouldn't be a difference. Not trying to be rude or anything just curious.

Before the build even commenced, I decided that I would share every part of my build with the forums. As the biggest hurdle I have encountered, was obtaining information on high performance upgrades and their applications. Especially when it comes down to increasing efficiencies.... So, Here I am sharing what I have done... I know that what we have done may not always be the best possible way. But, as I live in Central Queensland, I do not have access to elite performance shops. But, we will do the best that we can.....

I can understand that tecniiques and parts utilised by shops is intellectual information and that this is what separates them form their competitors. Some shops, we outright rude and arrogant, while others treated me like I was just wasting their time, or a time water. Not sure which......

You won't regret it!

It has always been my intention to run it when I can. Unfortunately, E85 is only available at one service station in our area (70km round trip to get it), so it limits me somewhat. Other than that it's 98 Ron..

I weighed up the old engine vs F6 short. All in all, with the cost of the machining and frieghting the items to the establishments who perform them would probably be the same. Besides that, it is nice to have brand new components to work with, and the quality of the factory machined surfaces is fantastic. I also believe that the new blocks are not numbered from the factory and can be stamped to your original VIN.

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Ah ok fair enough, I didnt know you could get the vin stamped on your new block.

But get a couple 50l portable tanks and make the round trip!!

Its worth it considering I pick up 65rwkw on the corn juice! Can't imaginehow much youd get!

For the drive-line...

As the vehicle is a 6 speed manual, I opted for a Mal Wood option 5 , twin plate clutch. Although the clutch is a little under rated for the application, I want to maintain it's street manners. I guess that time will tell will tell if it will handle the abuse...

ypBxZIK.jpg

As of yet, I have not made a decision on which way I will go with a Chrome Moly or carbon Fibre tail shaft.. I would greatly appreciate input on this area....

The standard IRS will be retained. I have purchased another full iRS and have stripped it. New Superpro bushes have be fitted and the components painted.

iUrHXrr.jpg

jCmym1H.jpg

3DkVJEl.jpg

As we all know, the problematic areas for the rear end are the CV's, diff bushes and the hat and bolt breaking. With it only being as strong as it's weakest link, I have replaced the CV's with 'The Driveline Shop" 1400hp CV's. These are in transit, and should be here soon....

HcuexC4.jpg

While the IRS cradle is quite a strong unit. We have decided to seam weld the whole cradle to add strength and rigidity. This will be completed over the coming week or so...

The diff hat has been replaced with an Independent Motorsport's Dual bush diff hat. The front diff bushes have been replaced with CAT600 bushes....

8rLs6Pa.jpg

ZmOeHYY.jpg

Edited by k31th
pb pics fix

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Excellent build mate, no cut corners, no B/S

Well done !

Just something to keep in mind is the bosch 2200cc injectors HAD issues with E85 not being compatible, unsure if this has changed recently but keep it in mind ;)

• Like 1